Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Probably the next GA version will be 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by dapastaguy
    This is where I get confused as the version listed is 2.12. Is that just a software version, and it will be the latest VC? I have v 2.3 on the phone rgiht now and am happy with it.
    If you are happy with 2.3 that's fine, but for me 2.3 did nothing for income and outgoing headset volume.

Now, from the early release version of about 2.7 + the volume has gone into turbo mode and I can hear it the other side of the room if I turn it up that much.

Just to avoid other confusion, you would be forgiven to think that Version 2.9 was to be followed by Version 3.0, but to avoid using up the numbers too quickly Jeff has gone decimal and 2.9 then went 2.11, 2,12 etc.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Another way to eliminate the confusion on what the most recent release is might be making 2.9 then 2.9.1, then 2.9.2 and so forth...

But the way he's done it now I guess he's technically released 2.03, 2.04... and now he's at 2.12 (as of this writing). So 2.3 is should really be 2.03.

Darn we're making it hard for Jeff to code a great app when we're confused and nitpicking about his EA (beta) numbering scheme
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    Darn we're making it hard for Jeff to code a great app when we're confused and nitpicking about his EA (beta) numbering scheme
    Agreed

It's such a great product I do care about the numbers, it's just made my T650 useable inside and out, and as a farmer that's the most important thing for me.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I sent a Paypal payment earlier this morning to purchase a VolumeCare license. I'll get another when I confirm my wife's Hotsynch id.

Thanks for making my phone actually work as a phone!
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Just to further nitpick, if we were really going by a standard versioning system, major numbers indicate major revisions/overhauls, minor numbers indicate feature additions, and point releases are bug fixes. So, 2.0.3 would be the second major release, no features added since that release, with three bugfixes. If you wanted then to put a new feature out for beta testing, it would properly be 2.1b1, 2.1b2, etc, until it's declared final as 2.1. That is, until the obligatory bug fixes that end up at 2.1.1.

Sadly, almost no one follows this anymore, so it's impossible to tell from one product to the next what a version means, other than "bigger is better". IIRC, it died back in the early days of the Freehand/Illustrator wars, where each company would increase its major version is step with the other so as not to fall "behind". Windows "95" *really* screwed things up, and now we have things like XP, OS X 10.4.1 (which really should be 13.0.1, but...).

Eh, just ignore me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    If you are happy with 2.3 that's fine, but for me 2.3 did nothing for income and outgoing headset volume.

Now, from the early release version of about 2.7 + the volume has gone into turbo mode and I can hear it the other side of the room if I turn it up that much.

Just to avoid other confusion, you would be forgiven to think that Version 2.9 was to be followed by Version 3.0, but to avoid using up the numbers too quickly Jeff has gone decimal and 2.9 then went 2.11, 2,12 etc.
    Thanks ChasT - it makes sense when explained that way, duh
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This issue should have been solved in a few releases prior to the current v2.12. Can you confirm what release you are seeing this behavior?

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I am seeing the same issue that spacehog mentioned with versions 2.9 and 2.11 (haven't tried the intermediate versions). Just to let you know, I only have the "Handset" and "Stereo Headphones" options enabled in VolumeCare. When I use the speakerphone workaround (switch to speakerphone and back quickly), the volume returns to its previous high level. Can you please look into it?

btw, thank you very much for this software. I can finally use my phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeshmu
    Jeff,
    I am seeing the same issue that spacehog mentioned with versions 2.9 and 2.11 (haven't tried the intermediate versions). Just to let you know, I only have the "Handset" and "Stereo Headphones" options enabled in VolumeCare. When I use the speakerphone workaround (switch to speakerphone and back quickly), the volume returns to its previous high level. Can you please look into it?

btw, thank you very much for this software. I can finally use my phone!
    Yes I will. Thought I had this covered. Looks like P1 is not following their documentation on the information they are suppling to applications. I will have to try and find a workaround for this behavior. For now, the quick switch from speakerphone back to handset will restore the volume as mentioned in this post.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I has Volumecare 2.11 installed and in the middle of a call this morning, it spontaneously put the volume extremely low. Next call was fine.

I just installed 2.12. Was this fixed in this version and has anyone else had this problem.

Also, I installed Profilecare 1.5.5 to try it out. I opened it, clicked on Enable, then clicked on the Profilecare button to tweak it...and poof - reset. Tried to go in again...reset again.

For the record, I have Unlocked GSM running 1.12/1.28
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh
    Jeff,

I has Volumecare 2.11 installed and in the middle of a call this morning, it spontaneously put the volume extremely low. Next call was fine.

I just installed 2.12. Was this fixed in this version and has anyone else had this problem.

Also, I installed Profilecare 1.5.5 to try it out. I opened it, clicked on Enable, then clicked on the Profilecare button to tweak it...and poof - reset. Tried to go in again...reset again.

For the record, I have Unlocked GSM running 1.12/1.28
    2.11 and 2.12 had debugging code in it that cause some unexpected behaviors.

I just released v2.13 that will fix this issue and I also make some changes for the call conference behavior that people were reporting.

As for PC, I have been running after a GSM bug that has been hard to track down. I just released a new test build tonight that hopefully will isolate the problem. It has some of the status features turned off on a temp basis. Its version number is 1.5.6. The most stable version for the GSM phones right now is V1.4.2. That release can be found at: http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...CareV1.4.2.zip

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    2.11 and 2.12 had debugging code in it that cause some unexpected behaviors.

I just released v2.13 that will fix this issue and I also make some changes for the call conference behavior that people were reporting.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

I was running 2.13 today when this happened: I was on a call and another phone call came in. I didn't choose to answer the incoming call but the ongoing call earpiece volume suddenly became very very low. I clicked speakerphone and then switched back. Earpiece volume was fine again. It seems that this only happens when there's a second call comes in.

KS
    Jeff,

I downloaded and was running VC 2.11 on my phone.. but for some reason my alarm (that I wake up to..) didn't go off this morning - and I was nearly fired for being late to work. (Does that get me a free Volume Care registration? Hehehehe. Just kidding.)

Is there a possibility that VolumeCare 2.11 and Bob's Alarm don't work well together? I've not had this problem with any other version of VolumeCare so far - and that's the only thing I've changed on my palm since this happened.

Any thoughts?

Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers
    Jeff,

I downloaded and was running VC 2.11 on my phone.. but for some reason my alarm (that I wake up to..) didn't go off this morning - and I was nearly fired for being late to work. (Does that get me a free Volume Care registration? Hehehehe. Just kidding.)

Is there a possibility that VolumeCare 2.11 and Bob's Alarm don't work well together? I've not had this problem with any other version of VolumeCare so far - and that's the only thing I've changed on my palm since this happened.

Any thoughts?

Ryan
    Yes. That was a problem in 2.11 but fixed in 2.12 & 2.13.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    Hi Jeff,

I was running 2.13 today when this happened: I was on a call and another phone call came in. I didn't choose to answer the incoming call but the ongoing call earpiece volume suddenly became very very low. I clicked speakerphone and then switched back. Earpiece volume was fine again. It seems that this only happens when there's a second call comes in.

KS
    Where do you have your default volume set to for the speaker you were using when the call came in?

Jeff
    Where do you have your default volume set to for the speaker you were using when the call came in?
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Both Handset and Speaker Phone default volumes are set to around 80% of the maximum in VC. It takes about three "stops" to the right till it hits max.

KS
    Ok i'm soooo lost as i haven't been on the forum in awhile so i'm trying to read all the posts to try and catch up. So here is where i stand as of now and i need someone to help me with what i need to do/install...

Ok so i haven't yet installed the newest update that PalmOne has out for Sprint. I think it's the 1.13 or something like that that takes care or reduces the pause after dialing a number and actually having the call active. So do i need to do this?

Also as far as the VolumeCare... i have a Sprint Treo 650 so which is the version that i need to download and try out that Jeff came out with? Also do i need ProfileCare as well? If someone could let me know this info. i'd greatly appreciate it. I gotta start my daily routine back as far as coming here every day all day while at work!!! :-)

P.S. Jeff from reading the posts from other people, it sounds like you're really doing your thing. I can't wait to try it out on my 650 to see if in fact it works all across the board.
    sprint update--it is a must, you must download it.
    volume care--make sure you get the latest work (i think 1.13, jeff has done many fixes--by the way--the volume is now a world of difference).
    profile care--i dont have it, but if you are use to it i think there have been updates to that as well
    volume care--SORRY dhammond_man--IT IS VERSION 2.13 and not 1.13
    Thanks samk... so for the Sprint update, will i need my charger for my phone to be plugged in in order for the update process to be completed? I just wanna make sure b/c i don't have my charger with me.