Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    are you using 5.5?
    Yes.
    Solved my issue with Lightwav...Profile Care has a global option under the Phone Tab "Disable Alerts During Phone Calls". If this is selected it stops ringtones from playing while a call is ringing.

Jeff, can you look at this?
    Solved my issue with Lightwav...Profile Care has a global option under the Phone Tab "Disable Alerts During Phone Calls". If this is selected it stops ringtones from playing while a call is ringing.

Jeff, can you look at this?
    I will make a change in v.1.49 that I am releasing to EA status tonight. Let me know if it makes a difference.

Jeff

EDIT: The updated PC v1.4.9 is now available
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 06/26/2005 at 01:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    Thanks for the clarification. Since my MIC Volume slider is already at max, I'm guessing that the reason I don't hear any changes during a call when I try to adjust up while leaving myself a message is that I'm already at the maximum I can go?
    Correct. The slider reflects the MAX/MIN ranges for each sound type. The volume adjustments (volume keys and/or 5-way's) only vary the sound levels between the slider's min/max.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    Yes, I hear hissing too. I doubt there's much that can be done about that. When you increase volume you increase the level of the caller's voice and any speaker noise as well. I don't know if Jeff could make slider that could independently adjust the treble, midrange and bass of the speaker/earpiece. That would be an interesting option.
    Would be nice but those types of adjustments are not available to me. I would have to trap the sounds coming from the radio and digitally process the conversation and then send it out through the speakers. I think this would probably cause a significant delay in the actual phone conversation. Might take some playing, but the hiss may be a function of MIC volume, signal strength, line quality of the remote party, etc..... I was hoping that giving dynamic volume processing of both speaker and MIC would help people fine tune the audio quality for both ends of the conversation.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Just tried the option 5-way up/down to change mic volume while leaving a message on my answering machine. That is really amazing! I changed it by 3 click increments, and each time it went up nicely. I then did 8 clicks down, and it was much softer, but audible. The only feature to add here would be some sort of graph that comes up on the screen, as there's really no other feedback. But I guess if someone says they can't hear you, there's now an option!
    Yes I do want to add a graphic to show you MIC levels as you are adjusting the setting but I just don't have the time right now. That will have to wait for a future release. My work backlog is getting very deep right now. My first goal was to get all of these options enabled and VC rock solid.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I will make a change in v.1.49 that I am releasing to EA status tonight. Let me know if it makes a difference.

Jeff

EDIT: The updated PC v1.4.9 is now available
    Jeff,
    Thanks, this solves the problem.

BTW- I have roughly 30 Palm applications and you are by far the best at responding to software issues. Same day fixes are just unheard of....THANKS you and your software are AWESOME!!!
    Jeff,
    Thanks, this solves the problem.

BTW- I have roughly 30 Palm applications and you are by far the best at responding to software issues. Same day fixes are just unheard of....THANKS you and your software are AWESOME!!!
    Thanks for the compliment! I do feel your pain and the pain of all other Treo users because at the end of the day I am also a Treo user myself. One of the reasons I provide the support that I provide is because I know how frustrating it is when you have issues and it feels like no one listens or even cares about the problem. You will hopefully *never* see that from GoTreo Software. Let me go on record here. If you ever feel this is happening, send ME an email immediately at GoTreo@wideopenwest.com or AOL IM me at GoTreo. At times things get so busy that I will *drop the ball* and I appologise in advance. But think for a minute that I don't care. It just fell off my plate. So I empower everyone to put it back on my plate with a daily stream of emails until you get a satisfactory conclusion to your issue.

Jeff
    I am having an issue with my default Sounds profile. I have the TONES set to "Silent" so my MP3 ringtones can play from Lightwav. Almost daily these TONES get reset to "Alarm" midi tones.

I realize this might be getting off topic, but I post this here because the last two apps I installed are the purchased version of Lightwav 5.5 and both PC / VC. Since PC had an issue w/ Lightwav ringtones- THIS IS NOW RESOLVED. Could it be that PC / VC are messing with the Sound prefs??

Is anyone else having issues with sound prefs getting reset to the original Treo midi tones?

I also sent an email to Toysoft support.
    I am having an issue with my default Sounds profile. I have the TONES set to "Silent" so my MP3 ringtones can play from Lightwav. Almost daily these TONES get reset to "Alarm" midi tones.

I realize this might be getting off topic, but I post this here because the last two apps I installed are the purchased version of Lightwav 5.5 and both PC / VC. Since PC had an issue w/ Lightwav ringtones- THIS IS NOW RESOLVED. Could it be that PC / VC are messing with the Sound prefs??

Is anyone else having issues with sound prefs getting reset to the original Treo midi tones?

I also sent an email to Toysoft support.
    Lets take this topic to the ProfileCare Support Thread in my developer area. I think I may know exaclty what is happening. Better yet, contact me directly at AOL IM: GoTreo. Or send me an email at: GoTreo@wideopenwest.com and I will send you my direct phone number. I think in 5 minutes we can get this solved for you.

Jeff
    Lets take this topic to the ProfileCare Support Thread in my developer area. I think I may know exaclty what is happening. Better yet, contact me directly at AOL IM: GoTreo. Or send me an email at: GoTreo@wideopenwest.com and I will send you my direct phone number. I think in 5 minutes we can get this solved for you.

Jeff
    Now that's customer service!
    Jeff purchased VC last night from your website, and no reg code yet, do you issue codes on the weekend? Really anxious to see if there is a difference on my Treo with the newer versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Jeff purchased VC last night from your website, and no reg code yet, do you issue codes on the weekend? Really anxious to see if there is a difference on my Treo with the newer versions.
    I normally process orders once a day. I commit to a 2 business day turnaround. I reply ASAP if I know you have an expired trial. Is your Trial expired?
    Jeff
    Jeff, whats the difference between VC 2.9 and 2.11 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    Jeff, whats the difference between VC 2.9 and 2.11 ?
    Changes to:

Phone notifications: I was trapping a phone event that was causing LightWav to not play ringtones on incoming calls. This is now fixed in 2.11.

MIC adjustment during a call with the key stroke(s) Option+5-wayUP/DOWN

Adjusted the default (out of the box) initial volume settings to a reasonable level

MIC slider will now "stick" on all volume levels in the UI while you are in VC

I know there is more but these are the ones that come to mind.

Jeff
    I have two questions for Jeff. I just downloaded v2.11, my first use of VC. The site doesn't say anything about "trial version", but I presume this is what it is based on info in this thread. How long does the trial version work? Also, when it's time to buy VC, do I upgrade to the then- current version by simply downloading and hot-syncing it to my Treo, or do I have to delete the currently installed version first?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElmTreo
    I have two questions for Jeff. I just downloaded v2.11, my first use of VC. The site doesn't say anything about "trial version", but I presume this is what it is based on info in this thread. How long does the trial version work? Also, when it's time to buy VC, do I upgrade to the then- current version by simply downloading and hot-syncing it to my Treo, or do I have to delete the currently installed version first?
    Yes there is a 15 day trial period. After the trial, the software will stop working. At that point, or any point before that, you can purchase the software and install the license key which will allow the continued use of the software. Unless I state otherwise, all future versions are free of charge.

YOu simply install the new version over the top of the old and away you go.

I also provide an Over The Air download site so that you can download versions of my software right on to your Treo. No HotSyncing needed.

Jeff
  18. amf
    I'M confused. What's the LATEST version of VolumeCare? 2.9 or 2.11? Thanks!
    I normally process orders once a day. I commit to a 2 business day turnaround. I reply ASAP if I know you have an expired trial. Is your Trial expired?
    Jeff
    Yes my trial is expired. I posted earlier about no longer receiving the expired trial notice, and you told me that it would still not function unless I registered.
    Are there any user guides available for both VC & PC Combo, Jeff???
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!