Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Ahh, Jeff. 2.9 is the s@#$ !!

So, I really want to register it. But there isn't a place to do it. Will a production release be forthcoming that I can do that with?
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Hey Jeff, I really want to make sure this works before I purchase. Everything prior to 2.8 has not worked on incoming calls for me. I want to try the new version. When I first launch volumecare, I get a message that my trial has expired, but if I leave the app and relaunch, I no longer receive that message, but I dont notice any change in sound quality. Does this mean that even though it no longer displays the trial over message, it is still disabled somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    Ahh, Jeff. 2.9 is the s@#$ !!

So, I really want to register it. But there isn't a place to do it. Will a production release be forthcoming that I can do that with?
    My upgrades are free unless otherwise stated. So make the purchase on any version and the key will work on the current version.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Hey Jeff, I really want to make sure this works before I purchase. Everything prior to 2.8 has not worked on incoming calls for me. I want to try the new version. When I first launch volumecare, I get a message that my trial has expired, but if I leave the app and relaunch, I no longer receive that message, but I dont notice any change in sound quality. Does this mean that even though it no longer displays the trial over message, it is still disabled somehow?
    Ues it does. I will do this for you. Purchase the product through my website. If you don't like it, I will give you full credit for the purchase. This is because I don't have a way to easily extend trials. I would have to code this into the product and I would rather not do that at this point.

Jeff
    This seems to have totally solved the problem!!

I guess I'm going to have to buy this and register it. Doggone it - this should have been built into the device in the first place. Oh, well - it's not like I did not know what I was buying! I just kept hoping the newest ROM fix would take care of this. <sigh>

Thanks for your great work!!
    im following intently this thread waiting on a somewhat final version heh, im so lazy. How close are you to completing and bug fixing?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have posted a new Early Release of VolumeCare. Takes care:

• Smooth volume adjustment
    • Dynamic access to MIC volume with Option+5-wayUP or Option+5-wayDOWN
    • Fixed conference call bug
    • Fixed spelling error in help file

I think this version is *very* close to being the best release ever!

Jeff
    Is it normal for the focus to change from button to button as you dynamically adjust the MIC?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Just bought registration on Jeffs site.
    Thanks Jeff for the extra effort to make this a superior application. I will reccomend it to all my friends.
    Great application Jeff ! Version 2.9 really allows a lot more fine tuning as far as the volume increases which is great! This is definitely a must have application for the Treo. The volume on my Treo was bearable but now I know that no matter how noisy the environment I'm in, I'll be able to hear the other person. Keep up the great work Jeff and know that we really appreciate you always improving the software !
    Just downloaded 2.9 straight to my Treo. Thanks for the auto-button at the end of the install for the soft reset. It made the installation quick and easy. The volume transition is much better in 2.9 and the range is awesome. I haven't been able to test out the mic adjustment yet but the software works great.

I just signed up. Thanks for all of your efforts, Jeff.
    v2.9: MIC volume still doesn't seem to have any effect to the person I'm calling, even while pressing the up and down on the 5-way button while in a call. Maybe it's just my handset? My MIC volume wasn't bad in the first place, so not a big issue for me.

Otherwise, all the improvements on the listening end are perfect. I'm buying. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Is it normal for the focus to change from button to button as you dynamically adjust the MIC?
    Yes I think so. I can stop this behavior though. I will put it in the list for the next release. I also will eventually build in a graphic for MIC volume but I have so many more important things to do right now.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP
    im following intently this thread waiting on a somewhat final version heh, im so lazy. How close are you to completing and bug fixing?
    I am very close I think. A few more days of viewing people's experiences will be the determining factor. There is a *very* large population of people running 2.9 right now that any problems still in the program will be flushed out very quickly.

As of right now, I only see a few GUI look and feel things remaining. I feel pretty confident that the general funcitonality has stabalized.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Just bought registration on Jeffs site.
    Thanks Jeff for the extra effort to make this a superior application. I will reccomend it to all my friends.
    You are welcome! And the same back to you for your support and trust in GoTreo Software!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    v2.9: MIC volume still doesn't seem to have any effect to the person I'm calling, even while pressing the up and down on the 5-way button while in a call. Maybe it's just my handset? My MIC volume wasn't bad in the first place, so not a big issue for me.

Otherwise, all the improvements on the listening end are perfect. I'm buying. Thank you!
    You need to use the Option+5-wayUP sequence. Hold down the Option key *while* you are pressing the 5-way up/down. There is a wide range of selections for the MIC volume range. So you may have to use many clicks to hear a nodicable difference in your voice volume. What I did to test this feature is to call your landline from you Treo. Then blow softly into the mic and adjust the MIC volume. You will hear the difference in the landline hadset.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Just downloaded 2.9 straight to my Treo. Thanks for the auto-button at the end of the install for the soft reset. It made the installation quick and easy. The volume transition is much better in 2.9 and the range is awesome. I haven't been able to test out the mic adjustment yet but the software works great.

I just signed up. Thanks for all of your efforts, Jeff.
    Thanks! I appreciate your support!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru

You all are fantastic and I am happy to have you as a GoTreo customer!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks for the kind words!

The clicks you hear are possibly a by-product of a 650 (really a Palm) "feature". System sounds are *very* difficult to actually stop completely. Just adjusting them in the preference panel does not silence the sounds until you perform a soft reset. Then the settings most of the time take effect. I am just testing with my 650 and I get no clicks or beeps when I use the volume controls during a call. I am also using the most current release that I put out tonight (v2.8). ProfileCare will stop all system sound activity dynamically without a reset if you are interested.

Jeff
    Time for my noob ??? of the day!!!

So, if I purchased the registration key yesterday for v2.7 & it's functioning properly, how could I go about up grading to v2.9, or possibly getting ProfileCare w/ the latest VC settings???

Thanks again for the wonderful product!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    The same reg key will work with both versions
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    Time for my noob ??? of the day!!!

So, if I purchased the registration key yesterday for v2.7 & it's functioning properly, how could I go about up grading to v2.9, or possibly getting ProfileCare w/ the latest VC settings???

Thanks again for the wonderful product!!!
    Unless I have expressly stated it, all upgrades of software from GoTreo software are free of charge. So feel free to bookmark my download area on my website for updates to your registered software.

For a *very* limited time, I will provide upgrades to ProfileCare for the difference in list price between VC and PC. So the net-net is that registered users of VC can purchase PC for $7.50 or $12.50 for the ProfileCare Combo that includes ScheduleCare. I am doing this now because at this point in time, I advertise that VC is 100% part of PC. I am still evaluating if I will continue to keep VC functionality in PC moving forward. VC's code size and complexity has gotten so big that I do not yet know if it will begin to effect PC's stability. I have much testing to do before I will know the answer to this question. So there may be a day in the near future where I will need to remove VC features from PC's advertised features. Purchases of PC after that point in time will not qualify for a complimentary license key for VC.

Jeff