Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Ver 2.7 Back Speaker setting seems to have no effect on RealPlayer. This may be a function of RealPlayer, which has ample internal volume control. Just thought that I would mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Ver 2.7 Back Speaker setting seems to have no effect on RealPlayer. This may be a function of RealPlayer, which has ample internal volume control. Just thought that I would mention it.
    Right now, VC is just setting the back speaker volume settings without regard to interpreting which applications are running. So when VC sets the volume, 3rd party applications can come in and reset the sounds. This feature is entended for applications that can not adjust the volume on the back speaker. Eventually, I could make VC aware of specific applications and then allow VC to reset the sounds over the top of those applications.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff,
    which of these nets you the highest percentage?, I would prefer to buy from that source.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Remember this is a development in progress software product right now. That is why these versions are located in the "early release" area of my web site. The production version of the software is there for those that do not want the bumps in the road as the solution gets fully "baked".

So the net-net is *please* do not judge the overall product by the point releases that are being used! I release these point products to:

1) provide early solutions to those that need the functionality
    2) help accelerate the developement and testing of the product

I will, very reluctantly, not release any more versions until it is production ready if people are getting a negative opinion of this software.

Jeff

Jeff,
    The fact that you have been rapidly responding to requests and fixes speaks VOLUMES!!! Please do not stop, this is the very reason I am ordering your products.

Thanks, please keep up the AWESOME work!
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    hey Jeff. Just a little glitch that I have experienced today with the 2.7 version. I was on a call and I had a call waitting, I picked up the second call, talk for a few minutes, hanged up and then switch back to the on hold call, but when I switched back the volume became really low, it seemed that it was using the back speaker for some reason, and it was very very low. I'm not sure if it was an one time deal, but I'll check it further and let you know.
    same problem here
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Jeff,
    which of these nets you the highest percentage?, I would prefer to buy from that source.
    My website but I support my partners 100%. Please purchase from the vendor of your choise! That is why I provide multiple vehicles to purchase.

I appreciate your support.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    same problem here
    Fix is complete and will be out later tonight. Trying to buncle in a couple more updates before I release tonight's update.

Jeff
    I had a chance to use the phone w/ 2.7, & it's amazing the improvement I noticed...

I have a minor issue w/ beeps occuring when I hit the Volume rocker switch. You may want to know that I have the system volume for the treo off, & nothing else makes a peep, except for the volume rocker.

Any suggestions anyone??? Thanks again for your diligent efforts, Jeff!!! It is appreciated by me...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I have posted a new Early Release of VolumeCare. Takes care:

• Smooth volume adjustment
    • Dynamic access to MIC volume with Option+5-wayUP or Option+5-wayDOWN
    • Fixed conference call bug
    • Fixed spelling error in help file

I think this version is *very* close to being the best release ever!

Jeff
    2.8 seems great so far. The earpiece volume gets super loud. I'll have to try it out for a while and see what people think of the MIC sound and mess around with the new dynamic control.

You just got yourself another customer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    2.8 seems great so far. The earpiece volume gets super loud. I'll have to try it out for a while and see what people think of the MIC sound and mess around with the new dynamic control.

You just got yourself another customer!
    Glad it is working for you!

How does the new volume control "feel" to you? The actual volume does not exaclty follow the graphic display any more but for right now I am not too worried about it. I am wondering though if people like having full control over the volume spectrum rather than the big jumps in volume from one bar to the next like 2.7 had?

Thoughts?????

Jeff
    I much prefer the volume control in 2.8 to that in 2.7. 2.7 seemed like there was a large jump between levels and 2.8 is much easier to get the exact level that you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    I had a chance to use the phone w/ 2.7, & it's amazing the improvement I noticed...

I have a minor issue w/ beeps occuring when I hit the Volume rocker switch. You may want to know that I have the system volume for the treo off, & nothing else makes a peep, except for the volume rocker.

Any suggestions anyone??? Thanks again for your diligent efforts, Jeff!!! It is appreciated by me...
    Thanks for the kind words!

The clicks you hear are possibly a by-product of a 650 (really a Palm) "feature". System sounds are *very* difficult to actually stop completely. Just adjusting them in the preference panel does not silence the sounds until you perform a soft reset. Then the settings most of the time take effect. I am just testing with my 650 and I get no clicks or beeps when I use the volume controls during a call. I am also using the most current release that I put out tonight (v2.8). ProfileCare will stop all system sound activity dynamically without a reset if you are interested.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I much prefer the volume control in 2.8 to that in 2.7. 2.7 seemed like there was a large jump between levels and 2.8 is much easier to get the exact level that you want.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I also just noticed that I do not allow the volume to go down low enough. So I have made an adjustment to the low end of the volume range. Will distribute that in a few minutes. Will be v2.9 at the same link.

Jeff
    I can't see ever wanting it lower than what's available in 2.8, but I won't complain.

I also don't get any beeps when changing volume.

2.9 certainly goes a lot lower than 2.8!
    I think this is an incredible thread! I almost feel like we as consumers actually have a direct voice and feedback on a piece of software. Jeff thank you for the leaps and bounds VC has seen in the last 72 hours!...and I'm sure you have been awake much of those 72 also! Installing 2.9 from 2.7 as we speak.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I think this is an incredible thread! I almost feel like we as consumers actually have a direct voice and feedback on a piece of software. Jeff thank you for the leaps and bounds VC has seen in the last 72 hours!...and I'm sure you have been awake much of those 72 also! Installing 2.9 from 2.7 as we speak.
    Thanks for the complement! You have hit on exaclty what GoTreo Software is all about. I developed ProfileCare from almost 100% customer involvement. I had over 100 people as a part of the requirements, design and developement phases of that product. VolumeCare was a direct result of that effort. A user here on TC requested VC be a separate product and that was the birth of this product. As soon as all of the post-ROM updates to all of myu software, I will be announcing the next new project I will undertake. I will at that time welcome participation and direction from the user community.

Jeff
  18. amf
    It rocks! Volume increased significantly! Yahooooooo....! Thanks man!
    hey guys i think i missed the version 2.8 is there anyway for you to post it for me thanks
    Anyone have a good set of settings for VC they'd like to share ?