Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 701
  1. #181  
    Do I need to get VC to get 2.7 or will it be included with PC download?
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by karmictreo
    I've been watching this discussion and trying to decide whether to buy this product or not. Im wondering, is 2.7 the volume control program ill get if I download ProfileCare? Or do I have to buy volume care to get the new update? Thanks
    At the present time this is a non-issue. Since I currently advertise that 100% of VC is in PC, I will provide VC license keys to PC users since all of VC is not in PC right now. (It may very well be that VC grows too large to continue to keep VC = PC. If that happens, I will remove the advertising and will maintain both as separate products. If that happens, anyone that purchased PC brfore that change will get a free license of VC.

    The rason for the change is that VC is getting to be very specific and feature packed. Too much so maybe to continue keeping it a part of ProfileCare.

    Hope this helps you.

    Jeff
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    Same here. I've been locking up like crazy with 2.6 though nothing like that happened with 2.3, 2.4, 2.5....I'm going to try 2.7 as well.
    Remember this is a development in progress software product right now. That is why these versions are located in the "early release" area of my web site. The production version of the software is there for those that do not want the bumps in the road as the solution gets fully "baked".

    So the net-net is *please* do not judge the overall product by the point releases that are being used! I release these point products to:

    1) provide early solutions to those that need the functionality
    2) help accelerate the developement and testing of the product

    I will, very reluctantly, not release any more versions until it is production ready if people are getting a negative opinion of this software.

    Jeff
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

    I will, very reluctantly, not release any more versions until it is production ready if people are getting a negative opinion of this software.

    Jeff
    woah, no need in getting so excited like that.

    I for one am not dissing your software. I just pointed out my personal experience. thats all...
  5. #185  
    k i've downloaded the programs how do i purchase and activate them?
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    woah, no need in getting so excited like that.

    I for one am not dissing your software. I just pointed out my personal experience. thats all...
    Not a problem and I did not want to single you out. I just want to make sure everyone knows this is a work in progress effort and *not* an example of a released product from GoTreo Software. I am so proud of my software's quality, that I don't want people to get form other opinions based on "beta" experiences.

    Jeff
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Remember this is a development in progress software product right now. That is why these versions are located in the "early release" area of my web site. The production version of the software is there for those that do not want the bumps in the road as the solution gets fully "baked".

    So the net-net is *please* do not judge the overall product by the point releases that are being used! I release these point products to:

    1) provide early solutions to those that need the functionality
    2) help accelerate the developement and testing of the product

    I will, very reluctantly, not release any more versions until it is production ready if people are getting a negative opinion of this software.

    Jeff
    Jeff,

    Please don't misunderstand my post about 2.6 causing lock-ups for me. I wasn't posting it in a complaining tone and I apologize if you took it that way. I wasn't going to post anything about it at all and just move on to 2.7 or back to 2.5 but I noticed someone else had the same result so I posted mine too. I meant it to be an objective observation from of the many who are testing your releases right now (#2 in your post).

    I hope you continue to post all of the incremental versions and I will continue to download them, not minding any bumps in the road at all...in fact, I was one of the first to post how absolutely thrilled out of my mind I was with the first big volume increase version (2.3) and unlike others, I didn't post any problems at all...just my utter pleasure with the increased volume.

    I will patiently wait for the release version and happily "test" all of the interim versions and from now on I won't post results if they can be viewed as negative and not constructive. I am sorry.

    P.S.-For what it's worth, I did move on to 2.7 and haven't had any lock-ups or problems at all since.
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by karmictreo
    k i've downloaded the programs how do i purchase and activate them?
    Many sources:

    GoTreo Software
    TreoCentral
    MyTreo.net
    Handango
    Mobihand

    Jeff
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    Jeff,

    Please don't misunderstand my post about 2.6 causing lock-ups for me. I wasn't posting it in a complaining tone and I apologize if you took it that way. I wasn't going to post anything about it at all and just move on to 2.7 or back to 2.5 but I noticed someone else had the same result so I posted mine too. I meant it to be an objective observation from of the many who are testing your releases right now (#2 in your post).

    I hope you continue to post all of the incremental versions and I will continue to download them, not minding any bumps in the road at all...in fact, I was one of the first to post how absolutely thrilled out of my mind I was with the first big volume increase version (2.3) and unlike others, I didn't post any problems at all...just my utter pleasure with the increased volume.

    I will patiently wait for the release version and happily "test" all of the interim versions and from now on I won't post results if they can be viewed as negative and not constructive. I am sorry.

    P.S.-For what it's worth, I did move on to 2.7 and haven't had any lock-ups or problems at all since.
    Thanks! I just reacted to the several posts that sounded like it might cause a snowball effect. I appologize of over-reacting. No execuses, but I am just exhaused these days and need more sleep.

    Keep the posts coming as I want the feedback and participation! I just don't want negative news of this product to start to spread through the general board because of "beta" errors.

    Make sense?

    Jeff
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks! I just reacted to the several posts that sounded like it might cause a snowball effect. I appologize of over-reacting. No execuses, but I am just exhaused these days and need more sleep.

    Keep the posts coming as I want the feedback and participation! I just don't want negative news of this product to start to spread through the general board because of "beta" errors.

    Make sense?

    Jeff
    That definitely makes sense and I don't think you over-reacted at all, I know how once someone reads a bad review of something on a board like this they can tend to just steer clear without good reason. I know lots of people are posting how great your work is and we all appreciate your long hours lately, please know that! I've seen praises of Volumecare in places I've never even seen it mentioned before...the good word is definitely spreading, as it should!

    Thanks for your reply and for VC!
  11. #191  
    2.7 Working fine for me, good volume in and out.
    Mic slider staying put now
    I can't see how you can make it any better, but I'm looking forward to testing future versions
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks! I just reacted to the several posts that sounded like it might cause a snowball effect. I appologize of over-reacting. No execuses, but I am just exhaused these days and need more sleep.

    Keep the posts coming as I want the feedback and participation! I just don't want negative news of this product to start to spread through the general board because of "beta" errors.

    Make sense?

    Jeff
    Jeff, I can't even imagine the stress and pressure you developers go through when users are excited about new software products. I, for one (of many) know your reputation, and just looking at the response times and wealth of posts you make, I hope everyone realizes how hard you're working. You sound fried. LOL... I am happy to try/give feedback in any way I can on allllll the versions between here and the final release.. would you prefer if we sent a private email if we have a problem, concern or question?

    Thanks ! Bek
  13. #193  
    Jeff,

    Keep up the great work! I'm positively getting higher earpiece volume now! I've been searching for higher volume since I first got my Treo 650. It's like finding the Holy Grail, but better! Eureka, I found it! Truly, the last thing I really wanted for my Treo 650 was louder earpiece volume so I can hear people better in noisy areas, and now your latest VolumeCare does that!

    I'd say my earpiece volume is somewhere around 20% higher volume now, maybe more. Because of that, I personally think your VolumeCare is worth triple the price...or at least double!! Any more of your improvements is welcome, whether beta, early release, final release, whatever!! Just keep it coming!

    From a satisfied user. -Casey
  14. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #194  
    This is a must have app for me. I love it. That being said, their appears to be an issue with call waiting calls. If I receive a call while on the phone, when I pick it up the volume is very low and cannot be raised. I believe someone else mentioned it before as well. BTW, I'm using v2.7. Thanks again.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  15. #195  
    hey Jeff. Just a little glitch that I have experienced today with the 2.7 version. I was on a call and I had a call waitting, I picked up the second call, talk for a few minutes, hanged up and then switch back to the on hold call, but when I switched back the volume became really low, it seemed that it was using the back speaker for some reason, and it was very very low. I'm not sure if it was an one time deal, but I'll check it further and let you know.
  16. #196  
    Jeff- Thank you for all your time working on this product. I'm now a registered user!
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Jeff, I can't even imagine the stress and pressure you developers go through when users are excited about new software products. I, for one (of many) know your reputation, and just looking at the response times and wealth of posts you make, I hope everyone realizes how hard you're working. You sound fried. LOL... I am happy to try/give feedback in any way I can on allllll the versions between here and the final release.. would you prefer if we sent a private email if we have a problem, concern or question?

    Thanks ! Bek
    Thanks Bek! Its not that bad. In fact being so busy you can see is a good thing. Right?

    Anyway, please keep posting in public!!

    Thanks for your support!

    Jeff
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    2.7 Working fine for me, good volume in and out.
    Mic slider staying put now
    I can't see how you can make it any better, but I'm looking forward to testing future versions
    Cool. Actually the best is yet to come! I have made a build that smooths out the volume problem but I am still working on the display graph.

    Then I want to enable the real-time adjustment of the MIC volume. Then I think I will be ready to release this as a production verison (after I fix the spelling error that was pointed out and the initial default volume levels)

    Jeff
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    This is a must have app for me. I love it. That being said, their appears to be an issue with call waiting calls. If I receive a call while on the phone, when I pick it up the volume is very low and cannot be raised. I believe someone else mentioned it before as well. BTW, I'm using v2.7. Thanks again.
    Agreed. I think I fixed this bug 5 minutes ago. Stuid coding error on my part. You know some times you use a bulldozer when you only needed a shovel? Well you get the idea......

    Jeff
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Jeff- Thank you for all your time working on this product. I'm now a registered user!
    Awesome! I appreciate everyone's support on this effort.

    Jeff

Posting Permissions