1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I just cant seem to get my VZW 650 to sync w/ my yahoo account. the POP address i use is pop.mail.yahoo.com , i've put in my log in and password correctly, but it won't access the account???

Are there any other programs i could use to get my mail from Yahoo!? i hate loading the entire page everytime just to check my mail.

Thanks,

Alex

this is my first palm device...
    it's not a free account right?
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopatnal
    Hey guys, I just cant seem to get my VZW 650 to sync w/ my yahoo account. the POP address i use is pop.mail.yahoo.com , i've put in my log in and password correctly, but it won't access the account???

Are there any other programs i could use to get my mail from Yahoo!? i hate loading the entire page everytime just to check my mail.

Thanks,

Alex

this is my first palm device...
    You would have to pay for a premium account to access Yahoo mail.The only way Yahoo allows pop access is by payin for Yahoo Premium. Sux..I know.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
  4.    #4  
    yea it is a free account!!
    so i have to get the premium account right?

sweet...more money to pay!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lopatnal
    yea it is a free account!!
    so i have to get the premium account right?

sweet...more money to pay!!!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Palmone.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Here's a simple way around the Yahoo issue: sign up for a Yahoo Canada account at yahoo.ca. It works with a T650 for both sending and receiving for free. You also get a bigger mailbox. Then, go into the mail options and set it up to have all of your yahoo.com e-mails redirected to the yahoo.ca account.
  7.    #7  
    ok, well i paid the $20 for the Yahoo! Mail Plus to get the POP3 access, but i cant get my 650 to switch from IMAP to POP??? i tried every preferance...any clues?
  8.    #8  
    alright thanks everyone...i got it working!!
    Hi Lopatnal,

So what did you do to get your Yahoo/VersaMail account working? Besides paying the $20 fee to Yahoo, what else did you do? Example: What port numbers, what URL address, etc. I have a friend who has the same problem. Please provide some details. Thanks! -Casey.
  10.    #10  
    my initial problem was that i didn't have the pop3 access. now that i have it, i sync'd it and all the mail just popped up. other then that averything is the default setting.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    If you select yahoo as your provider in the account set up in versamail it will fill everything in for you other than you acount name and passoword. You don't need to fill in the ports or server addresses.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDo
    Here's a simple way around the Yahoo issue: sign up for a Yahoo Canada account at yahoo.ca. It works with a T650 for both sending and receiving for free. You also get a bigger mailbox. Then, go into the mail options and set it up to have all of your yahoo.com e-mails redirected to the yahoo.ca account.
    I did that, and then I realized, I still had to pay to get the Yahoo from my ".com" accounts -- Three of them -- forwarded to the ".ca" account.

Am I missing something here?
    End of Line.