1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 650 to replace my Motorolla Phone and Tungsten C. In general I like the Palm part of it, but the phone volume is so low that I can not use it unless I am in a very quiet place. Even with the volume turned all the way up. My Moto Phone, and all cell phones I have had in the past were much louder. I have taken to turning on the speaker phone for all converasations just to make it loud enough to hear. This of course is a little to loud for casual use and makes it harder for the caller to hear. Any one else find this phone to be to low volume to use? Any suggestions for improvement? Am I the only person with this problem?
    What provider, what firmware revision?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomp6708
    Am I the only person with this problem?
    No, as a search would have shown you.

Here's a quick checklist:

• Fire up Real Player and crank the volume to the max. Apparently this can also affect the overall volume levels.
    • Crank up the volume while an outgoing call is ringing and again once it has been answered. Believe it or not, these are two separate (and cumulative) levels.
    • Do the above separately for earpiece, handsfree, BT, and wired headset. Each has its own set of levels.
    • Remember to hit the small side key after setting the volume at any time. If you don't, it will revert to the previous level next time.
    • You'll need to do it all again if your device resets.
    • Search this forum for VolumeCare if you want to automate most (if not all) of this.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I have the Cingular Version and it was unusable. I upgraded to 1.15, 1.21, etc. etc. and still unusable. SLIGHT improvement but basically still unusable!
  5. amf
    Yes it's too quiet. I mean do they beta test any of this stuff? Volumecare did work good for me but it's 9 bucks. Not bad for what it does and it may be the first piece of software I buy for my Treo. Since it has expired... Or I'll just Hard Reset backup and install it again for free trial.
    get volumecare
    Treoing & Loving it