Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

Wondering if anyonei s having problems all of a sudden using Versamail with GMail? Things were working fine for the last 5 months and then yesterday my phone stopped downloading my messages. When I perform a get, I see a "Connecting to Mail Server..." and ultimatly an "Error while attempting to login" message after the timeout period. I tried deleting and creating a new profile on my Treo for Gmail and it worked initially, but on subsequent syncs the download does not work and gives the same error. I have been able to download my mail very sporadically throughout the day (1 in 15 times maybe). My two other profiles (one POP and one IMAP) work just fine. I even tested POP access with GMail via my PC and it is working.

I have not changed any of my login credentials recently nor have I installed any software on my treo. Anyone have any advice or ideas? This is on a Sprint 650 with Versamail 3.0C. Thanks for the help.
    I just tried it, first time got login error. Second try went through with no problem... strange!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    no problem here.
    What settings are you using?

Mine say SSL connection doesn't work.
    sometimes works, sometimes not. to be sure get snappermail.
    Having the same problem - only connected once. Luckily the gmail account is not important on the Treo. Both my work and personal accounts work great.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Same thing is happening to me with Gmail.

Sometimes works, sometimes does not. That seems to be a recent development.

I have better luck when I changed the incoming mail port from 587 to 465. I would try that first.
    Well I see i am not the only one. Thought I was going crazy.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by forseti
    Same thing is happening to me with Gmail.

Sometimes works, sometimes does not. That seems to be a recent development.

I have better luck when I changed the incoming mail port from 587 to 465. I would try that first.

The Incomming mail service port is 995
    '
    465 and 587 are for the outgoing server ports.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    I also had intermitant connection issues with versamail. Once I switched to Snappermail I have not had any connection issues.
    I'm on the phone with Anny from Sprint Tier 2 Support and she and I are having the same issues. It sounds like you guys have the settings correct, but it just ain't workin'.

Any ideas?
    End of Line.
  12.    #12  
    I downloaded and am evaluating Chatter at the moment because of my Versamail issues. It seems that GMail will still only work maybe once or twice per day. Chatter connects and downloads every time (like Versa used too) but has its own issues. I assume it is something that GMail has done on their end for authentication to improve service. I noticed that their SSL Cert is new as of 5/2, but my problems started a few days ago. It will be interesting if anyone at Sprint has anything to add, but it sounds like it is spread across all wireless carriers so it is probably something Google has done that Versamail cannot handle.

I found some others with the same behavior on Google Groups: http://tinyurl.com/8yy59
    mine actually crashes the entire phone every time I try to get into versamail, never happened before this week...any suggestions??? help, i like using gmail
    Mine was not connecting either. I went logged on to my gmail account using a regular PC and reanabled POP3 and that got it working. Also changed the preference setting in Versamail to download attachments. This seems to have fixed my problem.
    I've been having the same problem.

Based on a reply in another thread, I changed the "email" field (on the third account setup screen) from "xxxx@gmail.com" to just "xxxx". That appears to have fixed the problem.
    yeah mine has also been inconsisntant the last few days. i'm guessing the problem is on the gmail side because i haven't touched any of my versamail settings.
    I'm having a similar weird problem with my gmail.

It was working fine for the past couple of months - but then for the past two weeks it stopped downloading any new messages. However I do not get any error messages - if I didn't check my gmail from a regular PC I wouldn't even have known that there was anything wrong.

I tried changing a few things - like the Preferences setting from "Only get mail from last 3 days" to "only get mail from last 24 hours" - but no luck.

I'm using the built in Palm email app, and I also have GoodLink for my corporate email.

Anyone seen this problem?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    I have been having this problem for a week or two now, any fixes?
    even weirder for the past two days:

Yesterday I cleaned out some of my emails from Gmail (I know I don't have to do this since I still have plenty of space left - but it's just a habit) and then a little while later I suddenly started getting a flood of updated emails on my Treo. No duplication, but just received all the emails that I hadn't received on the Treao for the past two weeks.

Since this happened I did receive a couple of new emails on my Gmail, but nothing has shown up on the Treo.

Treo is my only POP account for the Gmail - when on the PC I just use the web-based system to check my Gmail.

weirder and weirder ....any explanations?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Hey guys... same problem to report here. It's strange... I even deleted the account and recreated it. The very first "GET," I get all my emails, but every "GET" after that, no email shows up. And like Chilling35, no error messages.

I, however, check my GMail using Entourage on my Mac as well (which works fine)... does that make any difference?

Thanks guys!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast