Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Had major issues and solved them combining info from several posts. This has allowed me to send and receive:
    Thought I'd share:

1. Go into gmail account on PC and disable POP and then re-enable it for "mail from now on"
    2. Now Edit account on 650:
    Username: xxx@gmail.com
    Password: gmail password

next screen:
    Email Address: username
    Incoming: pop.gmail.com
    outgoing: smtp.gmail.com

Advanced:
    Incoming: port 995
    check SSL
    do not check APOP

Next:
    Outgoing Settings
    Port 587
    check SSL
    Check ESMTP
    Username: xxx@gmail.com
    Password: use your gmail password

Goodluck!
    Mine is working just fine suddenly. Didn't change any settings on gmail or versamail.
    Thanks sb01...

I think that did the trick. I thought I had been doing those very steps all along, but I don't know what did it this time.

As an aside, do we know if we can take advantage of the "delete mail on the server after deleting from Versamail" under the Server Preferences?

I deleted an email from Versamail, and when it was performing it's "GET" it says "Syncing Palm Changes" but th changes were not reflected in GMail.

Just curious... thanks again for the help sb01.
    thanks sb01 i can finally send email on my treo. port 465 wasnt working too well for me
    Thanks for this thread! I had no idea you could sync Gmail with Versamail, and now I've got it working.
  6.    #26  
    Mine is working too mysteriously as well. Must have been the good folks at Google making some changes behind the scene. Of course I already took a look at Snapper and am now looking at Chatter and really like having GMail and other mailboxes pushed to my Treo. Maybe this hiccup was just what I needed to finally setup a push solution for myself.
    Fix from SB01! Switching send port from 465 to 587 worked for me!

I could recieve without an issue. I was using the default VersaMail GMail settings that came with the 1.20-ENA firmware update. Whenever I tried to send - it just went away & wouldn't send.

Switched to port 587 ----> fixed!

Thanks SB01 & everyone else with the 587 suggestion!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee42
    Fix from SB01! Switching send port from 465 to 587 worked for me!

I could recieve without an issue. I was using the default VersaMail GMail settings that came with the 1.20-ENA firmware update. Whenever I tried to send - it just went away & wouldn't send.

Switched to port 587 ----> fixed!

Thanks SB01 & everyone else with the 587 suggestion!
    Good tip- that just fixed my send problem too. Didn't realise it was something so simple.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    sorry to bring out an old thread but thanks for the info. it worked. plam did not even know how to do this.
    This tip helped me, too. Thanks!
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    Thats work for me. Thanks...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    I agree - my Gmail has always worked well. This week it started downloading the messages (according to the progress bar), but no messages appear in my inbox. This only happens when I actually have new mail. So the treo is recognizing the messages but somehow mishandling them.
    Too add to the previous message, I can access the messages via PC based POP clients and Gmail, but for some reason Versamail doesnt recognize them.

To reiterate, Gmail has been working on my Treo for months, and with no change to my settings this has mysteriously started happening. This also happens to my friend's Treo who is syncing with Gmail.

I have a 700p she has a 650. Same problem. The progress bar shows messages downloaded but no messages in inbox after the download.
    I think this issue is client agnostic, and account specific.

I sync up 2 different gmail accounts on my Treo using Snappermail Enterprise. I don't have the issue anymore, but when I did (out of the blue, without any settings changes) one account stopped receiving mail while the other one continued on. Nothing I could do would fix it, even logged in successfully from a desktop client, and later deleted and completely recreated the settings in Snappermail. Same exact results.

Just as suddenly - another day it started working again.

I guess Gmail always has their "beta" excuse to fall back on, and the pop3 access is certainly covered under that. But very odd that one account syncs while the other
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Has POP stopped working for gmail on July 6?
    I had my Palm TREO 700P (Versamail) working quite well to receive POP
    from my GMAIL account. There were no problems at all. (except for the usual of also downloading my "sent messages".

Suddenly I am not receiving any emails dated after July 6!!

As an experiment I deleted all the emails on the TREO and then asked it
    to get mail. It succussfully went to the gmail server and then
    re-downloaded all my email up to and including July 6---but not after. what the...?

also, i tried this with chattermail and same results. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. i AM A NEWBE TO THE TREO.

Any ideas?

Larry
    I used 587

Sending small text email is OKAY

However if I start to attach picture size around 80kb, versamail actually sending it... but wait until the bar get almost full... the email back to DRAFT folder (being unsent)

Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by lreinstein
    Has POP stopped working for gmail on July 6?
    I had my Palm TREO 700P (Versamail) working quite well to receive POP
    from my GMAIL account. There were no problems at all. (except for the usual of also downloading my "sent messages".

Suddenly I am not receiving any emails dated after July 6!!

As an experiment I deleted all the emails on the TREO and then asked it
    to get mail. It succussfully went to the gmail server and then
    re-downloaded all my email up to and including July 6---but not after. what the...?

also, i tried this with chattermail and same results. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. i AM A NEWBE TO THE TREO.

Any ideas?

Larry
    I have the same problem. Gmail is FUBAR. If this keeps up for another week I am going back to Yahoo!Mail premium...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12