1.    #1  
    I notice there is light electronic noise when on calls with the 650. Also the volume maxed out is not loud enough. Is this always the case?

tmobile unlocked.
    I'm having similiar problems with the GSM Unlocked. I have faith that the upcoming software release will fix some of this. In fact, I just sacrificed a chicken and did a snoopy dance to the great god of mobile devices to ensure just such a fix.

james
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    I notice there is light electronic noise when on calls with the 650. Also the volume maxed out is not loud enough. Is this always the case?

tmobile unlocked.
    It is a known problem with the unlocked GSM 650s. I've just ordered my fourth one in hopes that the problem would go away. However, most owners seemed resigned to awaiting an ugrade from Palm that will fix it. The rest of the device is so great though - that's the only reason I would give it another shot.
    David
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked 650 with T-Mo and have never experienced this problem.
  5.    #5  
    Guess you have to really cherry pic these things to get one that works. It's not bad and the phone is still very usable just needs to be a little louder and the slight electronic fuzz in the background needs to go. It has been there in all 3 unlocked units I have tried although some are a little worse.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I agree with everyone - hope the sacrificial chicken + dance will help get version "1.25" out soon.

-josh
    (on 3rd Treo 650)
    I also have an unlocked Treo 650 GSM and the sound is perfect.
  8.    #8  
    Proves my point. some sound great some sound ok. Just proves more that Palm has a terrible quality control problem.
    I believe I also get the "light electronic noise" when placing calls. (Unlocked GSM fw1.15) I don't know if I believe it's a quality control or known isuue, because ever since switching from CDMA to GSM, I've always heard the extra noise, it's just worse on some phones than others.