Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So this is a Treo problem not the 662. Just curious, have you heard of any phones that the name function works with?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Congrats on your winnings Well I look at it this way. I love my TWH..if I can get it work perfectly. I mean when this replacement comes if it doesnt stayed paired or doesnt send the ringtone to the headset etc, it goes back for a perma refund. Also with the eargels coming I can finally do it for an optimal test. I wish however I had another headset to compare it with though. I mean I have my Jabra BT200 but I mean that thing is terrible with the T650, or maybe its old or something. So yeah thats why im looking at the HBH-662/HBH-300/HS850/Logitech Pro. The problem is, they each have their flaws. HBH-662 has the least, HBH-300 mixed, HS850 pairing issues, Logitech Pro pairing issues. But what really does me in, is that Dan's does not offer refunds. So i dont want to get something and then be SOL..dang blood pressure

Which holiday is it now? you guys are always on holiday LOL kidding We just had Victoria Day on Monday past, celebrating the reign of Queen Victoria.

Thanks to you I'm running behind schedule for work.....lets see how the FDA and AMVA mess with my life today LOL
    If this doesn't work well I may try the 660 or 662. Those were my second/third choices behind the 300. The holiday being celebrated is Memorial Day where the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for the country are honored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    If this doesn't work well I may try the 660 or 662. Those were my second/third choices behind the 300. The holiday being celebrated is Memorial Day where the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for the country are honored.
    well i cant wait for your reviews

yeah i realized that after i posted the message later that day...you guys have memorial day (which is today) and then veterans day (which is when again)

we have Rememberance day on Novemeber 11, and we try to time it to 11am as much as possible...represents the armistice in the first world war (11 hr of the 11th day of the 11th month)
  4.    #24  
    well i cant wait for your reviews

yeah i realized that after i posted the message later that day...you guys have memorial day (which is today) and then veterans day (which is when again)

we have Rememberance day on Novemeber 11, and we try to time it to 11am as much as possible...represents the armistice in the first world war (11 hr of the 11th day of the 11th month)
    I just got notification from Dan's that it is being sent today so I should hopefully have it by Friday and will post my thoughts. I'm getting excited! Veteran's Day is on November 11th.
    I just got notification from Dan's that it is being sent today so I should hopefully have it by Friday and will post my thoughts. I'm getting excited! Veteran's Day is on November 11th.
    cant wait for your view of it

btw which Treo 650 do you have...also firmware
  6.    #26  
    cant wait for your view of it

btw which Treo 650 do you have...also firmware
    I don't have a 650, I have a 600 and the A210 adapter.

I was thinking about upgrading to the 650, but will wait to see what the next model will be. With all the negative reviews about the way bluetooth headsets work with the 650 I'd rather wait to see what comes next. I was using the adapter with a Jabra BT250, but wasn't able to use it outside because of the background noise which pretty much defeated the purpose in having one. When I started reading about the SE headsets with noise reduction I figured I'd give one a try. If it works good it should be enough to hold me over until the next Treo is released or until a better PDA/PPC comes out for Sprint.
  7.    #28  
    Still waiting!!!!!!!!
    Big Tone
    Good to know. I've been watching a few on eBay and will probably buy one today. Thanks!
    hofo_mofo
    let me guess...dan's cellular
    A long time ago, I posted (somewhere within this forum) some ugly thoughts regarding Dans.

I now have to revamp my thinking about Dan. From the time I placed my 1st bid, til the time my purchase arrived took a total of 5 days. I call that very fast. I won my bid for the HBH-660.

Because of such swift service, I will order from him again. And I have to admit, his price was relatively cheaper than some of the others that had it.

~ ScandaLous ~
    This is probably too late but I have a 300 and the Jabra eargels do work. Just make sure you get the colored ones. I think I read here several months ago that th eclear ones from Radio Shack are different and do not fit.

There is nothing to remove on the original earpiece, the gels is simply stretched over the exsting earpiece.

The quality of the 300 with gels is great, inbound and outbound quality. The only thing I did not like about the 300. Outbound calls do not automatically transfer to the headset, you have to click on the "mode" button to connect calls both inbound and outbound.

Unfortunately, some gremlins stole my headset. I ordered the Logitech Mobile Pro asa replacement as I NEED a long boom mike for some reason or my voice does not work on headsets. This model is just as good as the Sony just different. Because it is loud enough not to require gels I can still listen to the car radio. With the SOny/gels one of my ears was "deafened".

Two weeks after I got the Logitech the gremlins "returned" the stolen Sony headset by hiding it in some pants pockets left at the bottom of my closet floor.
  10.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Big Tone hofo_mofo A long time ago, I posted (somewhere within this forum) some ugly thoughts regarding Dans.

I now have to revamp my thinking about Dan. From the time I placed my 1st bid, til the time my purchase arrived took a total of 5 days. I call that very fast. I won my bid for the HBH-660.

Because of such swift service, I will order from him again. And I have to admit, his price was relatively cheaper than some of the others that had it.

I won the auction on 5/26 but the headset didn't even go out until 5/31 in part due to Memorial Day, I'm sure. I've ordered from Dan's before and shipping was slow. As I stated previously, oemcell is very fast and I would have purchased the headset from them, but they don't have any. Hopefully it will arrive today.
  11.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SerialCellBuyer
    This is probably too late but I have a 300 and the Jabra eargels do work. Just make sure you get the colored ones. I think I read here several months ago that th eclear ones from Radio Shack are different and do not fit.

There is nothing to remove on the original earpiece, the gels is simply stretched over the exsting earpiece.

The quality of the 300 with gels is great, inbound and outbound quality. The only thing I did not like about the 300. Outbound calls do not automatically transfer to the headset, you have to click on the "mode" button to connect calls both inbound and outbound.

Unfortunately, some gremlins stole my headset. I ordered the Logitech Mobile Pro asa replacement as I NEED a long boom mike for some reason or my voice does not work on headsets. This model is just as good as the Sony just different. Because it is loud enough not to require gels I can still listen to the car radio. With the SOny/gels one of my ears was "deafened".

Two weeks after I got the Logitech the gremlins "returned" the stolen Sony headset by hiding it in some pants pockets left at the bottom of my closet floor.
    That is GREAT news about the eargels. I have some clear and one green one. I'll probably pick up some more of the colored ones because the green one is kind of worn out. Thanks!
  12.    #33  
    It's here! Ok, first impressions:
    The directions SUCK! Thankfully this isn't the first time I've paired a headset otherwise I'd be having issues. It was so easy I didn't even realize it had been paired.

I charged it only for a couple minutes so I could give it a try and while I didn't make a call, just scrolling through the menus I could tell there was a significant sound improvement over the BT250. I didn't hear ANY feadback at all and there was no cracking or static.

This headset came with a car charger like the others that Dan's sells so that's a big plus. Like others said in previous posts, the ear clip on this one can't be removed because that's where the battery is located. However, I was able to get a clear eargel to fit on it. I have some colored ones on the way, too so hopefully those will fit even better. It felt pretty comfortable when I put the headset on with the eargel, although it was only for a couple minutes.

The ultimate test will be when I leave work today. I work in downtown Chicago and the noisy, NOISY el runs down Lake Street where I walk to the Metra station. If I'm able to have a conversation during rush hour with the trains I'm willing to consider this purchase a success. I'll post my results when I get home if I have a chance to get online.

The neckstrap won't get any use from me. It seems like it will be too much of a hassle to get it untied to answer a call. I like the cradle it comes with and will probably mount it in the car. The circular stand that comes with it probably won't get used, either. Seems too flimsy.

My only concern with the actual headset so far is the connectors seem like they may break by the way it has to be plugged into and unplugged from the chargers. I'll have to be extra careful with that.
  13.    #34  
    Ok, after playing with this thing over the weekend I have to say that I am satisfied with it. The noise reduction feature works rather well, as I was able to carry a conversation with my wife with the windows down and she didn't have any problems hearing me, nor I her. She said she couldn't tell I was on a headset, let alone a wireless one.

The annoying beep everyone refers to when a call comes in wasn't so bad for me. The battery life is great (10 hours), and the clear eargel fits pretty well on the speaker and hasn't fallen off. I tried an old green eargel I had at home, but didn't have too much success with it. I think it's because it was old and a little worn out.

The volume with the eargel is quite loud, not so loud without it.

On the side of the headset is a 1 inch long led that blinks when the headset is on. Not that big of a deal, but it kind of adds a nerd factor to it.

My only complaint about the headset has to be the earclip. I wish I could take it off, but can't because the battery is in it Unless you wear glasses you shoudln't experience any discomfort with the earclip, even when the eargel is in use. I had it on this morning with my sunglasses and it became rather uncomfortable after about 10 minutes because the earclip was applying pressure against the arm of my sunglasses.

While I sort of knocked the accessories that came with the headset I have to admit that I am somewhat impressed with the fact that you get all of those things with the device. The phones themselves don't even come with desktop chargers most of the time these days. What's kind of cool about the desktop charger that comes with this headset is it can be removed from the stand and used in the car if you mount it on the dash! Unfortunately, I can't use it as long as the eargel is attached to the headset becuase it won't fit. That's not a Sony Ericsson issue, though.

So, I would reccomend this headset to those who don't mind the earclip and eargel combo and prefer 10 hours of talk time versus caller ID.

I'll try to take a few pics and post them so you can see what it looks like
    Last edited by Big Tone; 06/06/2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Added info
  14.    #35  
    A few things I forgot:
    The connect time was fast! The call was transferred to the headset immediately.

I experienced no static or popping. I don't know what the range is, though because I always have my phone right next to me as I use it. I'll try and test this later.

For those that don't already know, I am using this headset on a Sprint Treo 600 with an A210 adapter. I have CallFilter so when I receive a call, I get the SE beep and then the MP3 or announce feature I have set up with CallFilter through the headset
    I just received my new Sony HBH-660 today. Note that I've only had it for about 2 hours. Here's my impressions so far: 2 words: GREAT HEADSET!

1) Pairing was instant (took me one minute to do it)

2) My main concern was whether I calling out auto transferred to the headset. It did, and did it in in 1 ring or less as soon as I press send The Moto HS850 I had previously did not do this. I had to manually press the button on the headset to get a transfer after making the call.

3) On incoming calls, the HS850 took about 4 or more rings (3 if lucky) on the Treo before it rang on the headset. The 660 rang as soon as I heard the 1st Treo ring

4) To me (I wear glasses) the headset sits on my ear comfortably

5) The 660's caller ID screen only displays numbers, not names, but I new that was the case before I purchased. It seems that the Treo 650 does not support the feature to send names to any brand headset.

6) Sound quality on the 660 is better than the HS850 when I used it with the windows down while driving

7) I liked the fact that the HS850 can be turned ON and OFF in an instant. The 660 requires a 5 seconds push on a button. Oh well, can win them all.

At this point I am not sure about distance and battery usage. Will know more later. From what I've read on other forums and articles on the web about distance, they all seem to indicate that the Bluetooth signal on the 650 being weak. I saw that with the HS850. I couldn't get very far before crackling and signal loss. Maybe 10 feet or so and not a whole lot more.

Hope this helps those who are deciding which BT headset to get for the Treo 650. My advice: Not the HS850. The HBH-660 seems to be a very good choice for me so far.
    I've had my HBH-660 for 2 weeks now, and although I like http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif the fact that it connects (in/outgoing) pretty fast, I am not http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif happy with the snap crackle pop I tend to get out of it.
    My 650 is usually very close to me, so distance is not a factor.

And speaking of distance, I had to run in my basement one day, and didnt realize that I had left my 650 on my desk in my computer room. It wasnt until I went to reach for the phone to see who was calling that it dawned on me the phone was nooooooooooooooooo where near me.

Sound quality wasnt that great, but good enough to tell the person I'd call them back in a few. Although there was some crackling, they understood what I was saying.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    scandalex- I would return it for another one. My calls are absolutely perfectly clear on the 650 up to 10-15' if within line of sight...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    scandalex- I would return it for another one. My calls are absolutely perfectly clear on the 650 up to 10-15' if within line of sight...
    Since I got it through Dan's Cellular, I will contact him and see if I can get an exchange. It is the great things that have been said here in the forums about this headset which influenced my decision to buy.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Ok, after playing with this thing over the weekend I have to say that I am satisfied with it . . .

So, I would reccomend this headset to those who don't mind the earclip and eargel combo and prefer 10 hours of talk time versus caller ID.

I'll try to take a few pics and post them so you can see what it looks like
    Are you reviewing the SE HBH 300? I couldn't tell from any of your recent posts, sorry.

YoungTurk
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast