1.    #1  
    Well, today I got my fourth BT headset, in conjunction with my second Treo. This one is the TWH, for I figured, surely, surely the headset made by the manufacturers of the phone (I know, I know, its actually a Jabra) would allow me to keep the phone on my belt and talk on the headset. Alas, this is not so. Put phone on belt, headset on ear, SAME side of the body, and there's too much static to really use it. At least at work. And no, there's no wi-fi here. Even more disturbing is that four of my colleagues said I sounded great this morning, but here at work one of my employees claimed I was "breaking up". When I switched phones/headsets with him to hear him talk on mine, it was true. His voice did "break up". This is the most disappointing thing about my 650. I really havn't had any other issues, well, since they fixed the memory.
    Anyway, just needed to vent.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    ^im with you...i mean i barely use bt...but hey ive had the t616 and the 3600 work amazingly well with bt...but going here to the treo...albeit cool...man i wish wasnt even there...but hopefully my replacement twh will rebuild my confidence in bt
    Guys...I know others have said this, but I am now 100% on the bandwagon. The HBH-660 is awesome. It literally does exactly what I need with decent range and very little if any static. (It does get static around wi-fi, however). People say I sound great, and in my tests, it's true... (patting self on back)...I sound great!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I think the problem with the BT may not be 100% the Treo's fault. I have friends with other BT equipped phones AND other smart phones (Cingular Blackberries and Verizon XV6600) and the problems we have with our Treos are common to most other devices. I have tried 4 BT headsets (all different manufacturers) and have had the best luck with the Treo Headset. Unfortunately, BT operates on a radio frequency that has alot of existing traffic and is susceptable to interference.

Maybe someday soon we will have wireless USB headsets or some other enhanced standard. Until then, wireless headsets are going to be imperfect. And I'm not so sure about hotsyncing via bluetooth, either. It's dreadfully slow if you store media on your Treo.

Anyway, I disagree with 02FLHRCI (nice bike, though) about the HBH660. I had one and was disappointed with it. I tried it with the ear loop, Jabra eargels and SlicSounds and did not think it was comfortable or the best match for the Treo. To each his own, I guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal
    Anyway, I disagree with 02FLHRCI (nice bike, though) about the HBH660. I had one and was disappointed with it. I tried it with the ear loop, Jabra eargels and SlicSounds and did not think it was comfortable or the best match for the Treo. To each his own, I guess!
    Thanks...I love the Road King...

Anyway, did the 660 sound good to you? I agree that the earloop was a nightmare (hurt my ear) and SlicSounds won't stay in my ear. The Large ear gels hurt my ear, but the mediums are perfect for me. The 660 is very loud and doesn't crackle at all (it starts crackling at 15-20'). Like you said...to each his own. I would simply urge people to try the 660. I had the Scala before and was hesitant to try the 660. After 3 months I finally got up the nerve to try it...very happy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    660 + eargels = BT perfection

No static, no noise, nice and clear, people always say it sounds great.

^I am in the hunt for BT headset...and the Akono looks good...and the only difference between the 660 and 662 is 1.2 and Name CallerID (which of course doesnt work on the Treo 650), and oh yeah longer battery life..

What aboot the HS850...its important that I get a valid warranty and well Dan's says it has a full warranty (valid that is)
  8.    #8  
    Since the upgrade, I have no problems with the volume on ANY of my headsets (HS810, M2500, Scala, and now TWH)! What truly baffles me is that I can't keep the phone on my side (admittedly toward the back, since I have a medical condition preventing me from using it on the front, called Bigbellyitis) and the headset on my ear and hold a conversation. The TWH really got my hopes up because I moved the phone to the front and did have one conversation with it on my belt, with little to no interference. It was with my Dad, and I was so happy he probably wondered what was wrong with me. Before that, as I said, colleagues had told me all morning that I sounded great. Then one of my employees said I was breaking up. This morning one of those same colleagues from yesterday said I was breaking up. I don't understand it, and it saddens me. It is a HUGE thorn in my side, and takes a fair chunk out of my enjoyment of the 650.
    It'll be fun.
    you positive there in no wifi at your work? does it happen only at work? if so, must be other wireless interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    other wireless interference.
    Cordelss phones and flourescent lights can also interfere with BT.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Dr Doom,
    Do you carry your Treo 650 on your belt? Is the Treo in line of sight to the BT headset? If not, Bluetooth radio waves do not pass throught the human body. I have seen a similiar effect where I wore a BT GPS on my left hip and could not get a BT signal while holding my Treo in front of me.
    I DREAM of getting BlueWalker BW-MP02 headphones to work with the Treo! So far I can't get audio/music OR voice to work with my Treo.

Of course I've been having problems with BT in general on my device. I used to have good GPS functionality, but now THAT's gone too. Might have to return the Treo and get a new one.
    My Logitech Pro works just fine. I have no issues, no static, volume is fine, etc. I usually have it in my pocket, but I must admit that usually when I'm on the BT headset the treo is in the cup holder in the car. Outside the car I have little use for a headset, nor do I want to carry one around.
    Last edited by taylorh; 05/27/2005 at 02:32 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Cordelss phones and flourescent lights can also interfere with BT.
    I have long suspected the flourescent lights of being a culprit. No OTHER damn radios work here.
    Sales Associate: "Yes sir, this radio will definitely do the job."
    Customer:"Can we listen to it?"
    Sales Associate:"No sir, it won't pick up a signal in here. None of our radios will."
    Customer:"Isn't this Radioshack?"
    Sales Associate:"Yes. Yes it is."
    It'll be fun.
    I have been using the Bluespoon AX for months with hardly any problems, first one had to be replaced because the first lot they made the plastic was mixed wrong and caused cracking...I contacted Nextlink and they sent me a new one via DHL.

**I did a review of it here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79770

I carry my Treo on my right side and have my headset in my right ear, though I have used it on my left and never really noticed a difference with static etc.

**My main concerns with a BT headset were size and of course being able to clearly hear calls when I am outdoors walking around, this headset is definetly one of the smallest and the volume is more than adequate however if I crank it full volume I have had people mentiona slight echo..reduce volume with 1 or 2 key press and people say I sound fine.

**Also worth mentioning...many times I am in my kitchen making something to eat and will set my Treo on the counter and can walk up to 10 feet away and hear clearly, I also routinely set my Treo on the armrest of my couch and will lie with my head at the opposite end of the couch and carry on a conversation with no problems.
    The form factors are very similar on the HBH660 and the TWH, but the volume wasn't the issue for me since I was using the SlicSounds. The spotty performance was what made me return the unit. I exchanged it for an HS-850 (don' t know if anyone knows this, but there is a version of the 850 that is grey and graphite, just like the Treo) and while I love the comfort and design of the Moto, it just doesn't play nice with the Treo (no automatic handoff on outbound calls & more static than I'd like).

Again, I will stand by my claim that anyone wanting a BT headset safe themselves alot of frustration and just buy the Treo unit. It is the best overall.