Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all

As im still waiting for my 650 here in the UK i am really stuck on whether to get a new life drive as the specs are just untrue or stick with the 650.

What do you think 650 or life drive?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Apples or oranges.
    They are not the same kind of device, kinda like choosing between a DVD player and Tivo.
    I think you need to take a look at what you want the device to do. They are very different.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    But you'll have to carry a phone again with the Life Drive. If that's what you can live with, then get the Life Drive. But if you're really stuck on all-in-one, wait for the Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    bottom line....Do you need a phone with it or not? The life drive is a multimedia PDA that is obviously more powerful than a treo but you would need a cell phone...so you'd be carying two things around. I am okay with bringing my treo and my ipod with me so it's really up to you.
  6.    #6  
    god the old days of carrying more than one device. im really stuck on this one. What happend to the wifi front on the 650? 4GB bluetooth and wifi but one deivce. I need to have a think about this one.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    bottom line....Do you need a phone with it or not? The life drive is a multimedia PDA that is obviously more powerful than a treo but you would need a cell phone...so you'd be carying two things around. I am okay with bringing my treo and my ipod with me so it's really up to you.

But my Treo is my phone, iPod and multimedia PDA. (I want it all !!) (In one.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    The new standard for non phone hand held devices is here:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/770

Add the new Samsung 16GB Flash drive:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Sams...ive/1116953138

Add an option for an external monitor with 1024x768 resolution or better.
    Add a phone to it!
    Profit!

I would stand in line for something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargoth
    The new standard for non phone hand held devices is here:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/770

Add the new Samsung 16GB Flash drive:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Sams...ive/1116953138

Add an option for an external monitor with 1024x768 resolution or better.
    Add a phone to it!
    Profit!

I would stand in line for something like that.

The Nokia looks great -- but how will it be at being a PDA w/spreadsheets, and a phone carried on my belt?
    Didn't see a keyboard. No sale.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The Nokia looks great -- but how will it be at being a PDA w/spreadsheets, and a phone carried on my belt?
    I do not think it has a PIM... maybe DOCs to go (or some other company) will make something for it?
    If you want a device that crashes and self resets frequently, get the Treo.
    Otterman, if all you're going to do is troll, then just go home.

There are many thousands of happy Treo users whose devices DON'T crash and reset frequently. Including me (One reset in the last week, maybe three in the last month, not counting those caused by a piece of software I was testing).

Maybe the problem is you?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    But my Treo is my phone, iPod and multimedia PDA. (I want it all !!) (In one.)

Cheers, Perry.
    True, but you are making a substantial compromise on each of those fronts. I think that is why this question is not a no brainer.

The treo is not a very compelling multimedia pda in comparison to what is out there, and it is not even close to the IPOD in terms of storage and functionality.

Pretty good phone though...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    I had a Sprint Treo 650 at first. It would reset once every couple days, but the sound (voice calls) quality was superb. I then got an unlocked GSM 650. Honestly, after using it for about four weeks, it never reset itself once - NOT ONE SINGLE TIME. Of course the sound quality was lousy. I'm awaiting my replacement and hoping it treats me as well as the other in terms of resets.

It could be that the more recent releases have addressed those resets - a problem which I believe is more than likely linked to software incompatibility.
    David
    I agree. Sprint Treo 650 for four months of heavy usage . . . . no resets, great voice quality.
    Hi Robber from post #14.

Agreed. But it is ONE device and I do not need the BEST on all fronts. If I am not sleeping or in swim trunks, it is on my hip.
    comparing Treo 650 between life drive is very different. LIfe drive is only PDA while Treo 650 is a smartphone... the most convenient is Treo 650, it's a phone at the same time a a PDA. But if you're a movie freak, you must use the LIfe drive which can store and play movies.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    bullS**t. the treo is fine. mine doesnt reset at all. its a superb device. disregard this refuse.
    The Treo can store movies and play them off of the Kinoma player

for me, the LifeDrive is obviously better for web browsing (bigger screen and Wifi) and taking notes (bigger screen)

if you need the cellular capability, then go with the Treo ----- its an amazing device, and you won't find a better smartphone

if you don't need the cellular stuff (or are VERY happy with your current cell) then go with the LifeDrive

two things to consider

1. it is really AWESOME to have your Palm Contacts connected directly to your cellular phone

2. I would wait on the LifeDrive...... the next version (LifeDrive 2) will probably be out in less than a year, with more features, more stability, and at a cheaper price
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast