1.    #1  
    So after months of trying, and heaps of frustration, I have been unable to get any explanations or solutions as to why it became impossible to access Yahoo Mail via the web back in February (I've also occasionally encountered a good number of other sites that should work but don't). Since the ability to access Yahoo Mail on the go was one of my primary motivations for getting the Treo, it's now pretty much just an oversized, over-expensive cell phone to me. I'm not bashing it; it's a good device, but it doesn't work for the main thing **I** need it for, and I don't want to bother with setting up POP mail or any of that since most people seem to have all kinds of problems with that.

So the first thing I'm going to do is cancel my pricey Cingular unlimited data plan. Then I'm going to contemplate whether to keep the Treo as a cell phone and organizer, or sell it, and get a cheapo phone while I wait for the next Treo, which hopefully will have FULL internet functionality, or find a suitable device that does. I'm not thrilled with Cingular anyway, so it would be nice to shop for a better plan.
    You can try the WAP version of the Yahoo site. That may work for you, it works for me.

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp=home

That is how I access my e-mail and such. It is faster than the normal Web interface on my treo. (That address will work on normal Cell phones as well... But I like the larger Treo screen)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    The WAP version works for me, also. I have a Yahoo e-mail account through SBC and can't access it through the mail client, either. I think there is an additional fee that has to be paid either to your carrier or to Yahoo for it to work. The WAP version is just as good, though and I was able to have a text message sent to me whenever I get an e-mail.
    Alot of ISP's will not let you send e-mail via SMPT if the sending device is outside their network. And some will even prevent POP3 connections from a device that is not connected through their system. This is a security feature to prevent hacking of user's accounts.

Some ISP's will unlock POP3 and SMTP if you call them and let them know you want to get your e-mail from another location also.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    That funny I get My yahoo/Sbc mail with my treo 600 all day long.
    could be the browser setting for proxy, most cell browsers use proxy to compress data by default. blazer's can be turned off or find WebPro3 for palm.
    Web Pro beats Blazer for speed AND readability of pages.
    just checking... you do know you have to pay yahoo for pop mail access... did you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by appliancemedic
    That funny I get My yahoo/Sbc mail with my treo 600 all day long.
    Whats so funny? Is you're YAHOO mail is being rec'd through SBC? Could that be why you are getting it "all day long."

When I used SBC, for some reason I couldnt just go on yahoo from my 600 and access my mail, and the email I rec'd from that account wasnt significant enough (mainly Spam) for me to pay for Yahoo! POP.

MrDs10e, didnt say anything about his ISP.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Yahoo charges $20 a year for Pop access. I know people try to avoid it all the time, but really, compared to the cost of the treo and data access, it will save you a lot more headache to just pay up. Either that or switch to a better email handler. I recommend fastmail.
    My email account is with SBC/YAHOO I do not pay to get my mail. I just have the email program setup to go to the pop setting that SBC/YAHOO has list on their email help page. I have done with a 6035 7135 and palm 515 with bluetooth card and phone and now my treo 600 so I know that it works.