1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Is there ay way to use GRaffity with the treo 650.

thanks
    I have never used graffiti but this is the one every one always talks about http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ffiti_Anywhere

Any time you have a question like that I have found that is I can find an application on palmone, handango or palmgear that means the Treo dosent perform that function without a 3rd party application.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Grafitti 2 is not really made for the Treo 650 but it works, and many people have reportedly not liked it and preferred Grafitti 1 over that and Grafitti Anywhere.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-649.html

That's the link for it, but there are no installation instructions included in the zip file. Can someoen please walk me through this? Thanks.

Also, how does it work? There is no sil screen to write on so can I just write anywhere? Do I have to hold the stupid date book button down when I write like with Grafitti Anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuForce
    Hi all,

Is there ay way to use GRaffity with the treo 650.

thanks
    I would like to know why some one would want to use graffiti.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Comfort. There are times that rather than pecking away at those little buttons, I would rather just grab the stylus and write. I can write with Graffiti faster than I can type on those little buttons.

So can anyone here walk me through on how exactly to install Grafitti considering the warning that is at the top of that download page?
    Well I have read around for a bit and everyone says this hacked up free version is not as fast or as accurate as other 3rd party graffiti applications, and thre also seems to be some graffiti punctuation that is not available with this freebie. But I did gather that when you install it, install it to the memory card then move it to RAM via a file manager then soft reset then its already.

From what I read teal script looks safer, better, blah, blah, blah,-->Teal script
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I would like to know why some one would want to use graffiti.
    I would like to know why anyone wouldn't want to use graffiti. The thumbboard is pathetic. If someone made a treo with a bigger screen and collapsible soft graffiti area I would pay a thousand for it. I am ready to switch to the dark side since Palm has refused to make such a device with a built in phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    I would like to know why anyone wouldn't want to use graffiti.
    I tried to use the graffiti on the kyocera 7135 in the first few months after I bought it and it drove me nuts. It takes to long to learn the strokes and messing with the stylus is a pain. I bought fatfinger and loved it. The one handed operation of the key board is great, but I'm a typer who never needed to lear graffiti. What palm should do is make a version of the Treo with a bigger screen and users could pull up an on screen keyboard or graffiti pad.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...eview/4f24.jpg
    Ahh . . . . . the eternal arguement for those of us that grew up PDA users and those that grew up Phone users, it makes us such a happy cohesive group!!!

I grew up PDA -- but I have to say -- I am a keyboard convert -- I can tap out e-mails much faster on the Treo keyboard than I could using graffiti on my Tungsten T3.

(Tap, meaning with two thumbs vs. pecking with the stylus.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Welcome to the community!

I agree - when I had a T600 I used FatFinger almost exclusively, basically because I had a hard time reading the buttons (and I think they were smaller?)! (OK, so my eyesight isn't so great!) - but I had forgotten about FatFinger since I got the T650 (didn't even install it) - it's keyboard is so much easier to use. I recommend you try the keyboard for a week or so before you decide to buy. You'll know by then whether you "gotta get" that app or not. You might be like me and be surprised at how "little" you use your stylus now! -

Also, if you haven't poked around the threads here, do so - the information and member support is fabulous! Good Luck!
    This is something I've always wondered about: is Graffiti included in the Treo 650? It's in the system files, but it can't be activated, can it?
    I use TealScript, works great on my 650 and with the added bonus that you can define specific strokes however you want them!

TealScript
    Kenny West
    www.palmgear.com