1.    #1  
    I'm curious to see if it's possible to physically install more memory into the treo 650 as it was once possible with the palm III - Vx via a hardware hack. A treo 650 with 64mb would be heaven.

One other question. I currently own the verizon version of the 650 and I've read that the EVDO radio was disabled in the production model and that a firmware upgrade is all that's needed to get EVDO. Can someone verify that speculation? Thanks!
    Yes, it's possible. No, it'll most likely never happen.

It wouldn't be just hardware, it would require software also as the Treo 650's NVFS support is hard coded. So we'd have to create a custom rom to support the increased memory, then change it (which is not a fun job either as the SMD memory they used would be very difficult to be swapped.

I think you should just learn to make do with what you have. When the linux variants of palm start coming out everything will be easy.

_______
    EVDO comments: I have not yet seen the verizon models radio module, but I'd have a serious hard time believing they would re-invent the wheel. The CDMA module they created is already custom and one of a kind. I doubt it's possible for the treo to support evdo without a new radio design.