1.    #1  
    Has anyone here attempted to remove the camera lens and/or sensor from their Treo 650? I am seriously considering performing this operation so I can use my camera at my workplace-the Treo is on a long list of phones that are not allowed because of the camera function, which I never use anyway. I found a T600 disassembly video online for replacing the T600 screen, and I assume that the T650 is put together much the same way. However, I am wondering what the OS would do in the absence of the camera sensor-I would simply like to remove the camera lens assembly (it is probably connected via a ribbon cable like my T637), but I want too make sure that the rest of the functions are unaffected when I do that. Comments?
    sounds intense.
  3.    #4  
    Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Looks intense!
  5.    #6  
    Actually, it's very straightforward thanks to Swifty99's detailed instructions. I spent the morning diddling with my 650, but I decided to leave the camera assembly in place and instead inserted a paper cover over the lens/sensor inside the case. I placed a piece of paper with "no camera" typed on the paper, which shows clearly through the camera glass, so there should be no question that the camera is non-functional (at least until the case is cracked open again). I also plan to use a flip case that does not have a camera opening (the Piel Frama, which is one of the primary reasons I bought that case). Finally, I use Obfuscate to hide the camera app (along with a few others I don't want to look at anymoore), so there iis no way too operate the camera function for a casual observer. Hopefully this belt and suspenders approach wiill keep me out of trouble with the security folks if they challenge me. However, there is only one way to find out...
    Quote Originally Posted by treofox
    I placed a piece of paper with "no camera" typed on the paper, which shows clearly through the camera glass
    You must have a really small typewriter!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I think you should copyright it and sell the paper for $5.99 each on a website!
    I would rather use mCamLock Enterprise to deactivate the camera.
    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mcam