1.    #1  
    I have an inspiron 6000 with bt built in. The sync on my new vz 650 sort of works over bt, but it often loses connection or gives other seemingly random errors (like too many records, memory etc). But if I retry enough it will work and with the cable it's always good.

I can see on the win utilities that the signal is right where it should be. Can anyone else tell me how it's been working for them?
    Works perfect here as long as I don't go *too* far away from my BT dongle. I have it strung up on the wall of my computer room on a USB extension cable, reaches all through the house and in the back yard. However I try to stay on that side of the house during Syncs.. Doing web stuff doesn't matter if I drop signal for a second or two, but a sync might.

Every so often I get that it couldn't connect, retry and it's fine.
    Hi,

I've just received my Treo 650, and am planning to get a bluetooth dongel for the PC. Can i use this to sury with Blazer?
    Thanks
    Paul
    Mine works fine as well. The Cradle/Cable is what I have trouble with. Always getting "port in use" error message with the cable, so even though Bluetooth is slower, I use the wireless connection to Hotsync on a daily basis.
    I was having much more trouble with cable sync - it would often fail seemingly for mechanical reasons. If I juggled the cable around and talk nice to it, it would finally work. I even used an eraser on the contacts a few times and it seemed to help.

But I've had few problems since switching to Bluetooth sync. I just have a store-brand USB adapter set up on a Dell 8250 desktop running XP Pro. The two times it wouldn't connect, I restarted the PC and it worked fine. I've been very happy with it.

By the way, I have an unlocked Treo 650 on the T-Mobile system.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickla
    I have an inspiron 6000 with bt built in. The sync on my new vz 650 sort of works over bt, but it often loses connection or gives other seemingly random errors (like too many records, memory etc). But if I retry enough it will work and with the cable it's always good.

I can see on the win utilities that the signal is right where it should be. Can anyone else tell me how it's been working for them?
    I also have an Inspiron 6000 with Bluetooth built in. I almost always crap out of Hotsync while syncing the call log (big file). On the other hand, when I'm using PDANet via Bluetooth, I don't get the same disconnect issues. Must have something to do with Hotsync.
    Hotsync is the weak point on this device. Activesync is so far superior it is rediculous.

I have found that BT sync is fairly reliable, but it is unbelievably slow and I need to be within 7 feet of my PC.

We need activesync!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Sync mine across the room all day with BT no problem.
    Mike Caldwell
    If I'm sitting still, I can hotsync across my house. Going through five walls, a fridge, unknown amounts of wiring, and while inside my Innopocket Hard case (closed or open).

How far away you can be is entirely dependant on your BlueTooth hardware. Some of them are only specced for 30m, some for 100 (150?) meters. This would be line of sight with no obstructions of course, so across a house takes a lot out of the signal. I have the higher powered adaptor hoping I *could* use it all over the house, and I can. I browse this forum in my den (opposite side of the house from the adaptor) and in the back yard all the time.
    in general bluetooth on the troe sucks. also ifit hangs when it gets to contacts, you may have cirrupt contacts.
    What high powered adaptor do you use--I tried the lanso usb dongle sold at the Treo store and cant get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    If I'm sitting still, I can hotsync across my house. Going through five walls, a fridge, unknown amounts of wiring, and while inside my Innopocket Hard case (closed or open).

How far away you can be is entirely dependant on your BlueTooth hardware. Some of them are only specced for 30m, some for 100 (150?) meters. This would be line of sight with no obstructions of course, so across a house takes a lot out of the signal. I have the higher powered adaptor hoping I *could* use it all over the house, and I can. I browse this forum in my den (opposite side of the house from the adaptor) and in the back yard all the time.
    I was just comparing the 650 to other devices I have used. As treoneo stated it sux in comparison.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I too cannot get the lanso USB dongle to work. It recognizes my treo 650 and starts sending signals but then I always get some " connection lost" error. I think it has something to do with the COM ports that I select. Does anybody recommend a bluetooth USB dongle that works with windows XP and treo 650? thanks
    I use both the USB cable and blutetooth to hot sync (Belkin bluetooth adapter). I have to change com ports in the Hot Sync setup though (com port 3 for cable and com port 21 for bluetooth).
    I gave up on BT syncing a few months ago after trying it. INCREDIBLY slow and I was always right next to the USB device...literally next to it.

Cable sync flys!!
    I have a Apple PowerBook and use hotsync over bluetooth. NEVER had problems.
    I wonder if there's some BT setting that relative to the technology on my PC that's the issue. I'm somewhat new to BT in general
    BT Hotsync works great, it's just slooooooowwww! As far as distance, I have no problems, my Belkin Bluetooth Dongle goes up to 300 feet I like the cable method better, much faster.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    BT works good for me, but the range is shorter at work than at home. I appear to get a lot of interferance when at work...I am guessing due to the computers and other electronics.

Using my bt headset I can hear much more static at work, so I am guessing that is what causes my range issue.

Still, I can go a good 10 feet before losing connection...more than what I need