1.    #1  
    I have set up an AOL folder in addition to my inbox (such as "Saved").

If I choose to delete the box, I can delete it with no problem, but if I then soft reset my Treo at some point later, Chatter is telling me it can't find the "Saved Database for that mailbox (etc.)" and then goes in to a bad reset loop.

Any suggestions on deleting it so I don't get this problem? Does is have anything to do with the "snapshot" feature?
    Last edited by deer8; 05/25/2005 at 11:40 AM.
    Yes, it is some bug with the snapshot freature. Marc, can you look into this?

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Treolo -

This should probably be in a different post but as you are the resident Aol/Chatter expert :-) this is my q: I set my friend with a VZW 650 up with Chatter for his aol acct. Everything is working fine except we can't delete emails. we set up for offline. every time we delete emails they grey out and then we sync all, but the messages stay grey. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    deer8 - Can you tell me the exact sequence to reproduce this? Are you saying yes or no when it asks to recreate the box, etc...?

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Marc,

I was new to using new folders when this problem was happening. It has not been happening now (but then again I am not deleting the folders either).

I THINK it was happening when I made a folder and then tried to delete it.

Then when the reset came, I answered "no" to load it and it kept asking me and I would keep putting no. I think when I finally said yes, it then put me into a reset loop.

All of this is a little sketchy Marc. I wish I had a better remembrance of it. I will watch for it and if happen again, I will take better note.

Thanks for a great product.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Treolo -

This should probably be in a different post but as you are the resident Aol/Chatter expert :-) this is my q: I set my friend with a VZW 650 up with Chatter for his aol acct. Everything is working fine except we can't delete emails. we set up for offline. every time we delete emails they grey out and then we sync all, but the messages stay grey. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Ever since AOL stopped supporting the idle command deleting has been an issue sometimes. I have not been too concern about it, because it is supposed to be fixed in a week or so. But, yes, you are right. Sometimes that will happen. The best way to delete for now would be to do it manaully.
    1. Go to the mailbox from where you want to delete. Then press 'd' delete or 'junk' then qsync that mailbox. I'm pretty sure they will go away.

You can also just leave them grayout and they will be deleted the next time the mailbox is schedule to qsync.

I would stay away from qsync all, because it makes all mailboxes try to sync and you will see a lot of 'wait' messages.

I can't wait for the idle command to be back. I never had this problem before with the idle command.

Al
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Thanks Al - I will give junk a try.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ