1.    #1  
    I don't want to start a "Holy War" here, but wondering if anyone has experience with the respective utilities from both geekware (TreoGuard and PocketProtector) and Hobbyist (Butler and Tech.) ?

They both have similar features, so wondering if anyone's taken the time to try both and come to any conclusions that would be meaningful to the community???

Thanks in advance,
    AJ
    I tried both, and bought both. While they have some similar features, they are also quite different. For instance, butler is great for notifying you of missed calls with extra rings and/or LED flashes/colors. Treoguard is the best I found for disabling buttons so that incoming calls are not inadvertently answered by a tight-fitting case.
    I like Treoguard better than PhoneTech, although that may be because I started using it long before Tech was available. I also like Pocket Protector as a replacement for the idiotic keyguard that Palm gives us.

But I also use Butler. It provide different functionality than Treoguard, and the two complement each other. Both developers have provided very good support for the products, and both provide updates on a fairly regular basis.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I have no qualms wtih Hobbyist's PhoneTechnician. It is easy to use and has never failed me yet. Butler is an absolute must have application. I haven't used Treoguard.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have not used TreoGuard but Phone Teechnician works great for me along with Hobbyist's others (Butler - A MUST HAVE, and Initiate)
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Both developers have provided very good support for the products, and both provide updates on a fairly regular basis.
    I second that!
    I use Butler and TreoGuard. Butler is great for controlling the LED for voicemails and the attention manager. TreoGuard is great for MP3 ringers and disabling buttons and alarms during calls.