1.    #1  
    Marc,

There is a nice application for the Treo at:
    http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/DBcT/

and there is an ongoing discussion on this here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&page=1&pp=40

It seems like this application speeds up things that used to take long to do. For example waking up the Treo, dialing from contacts and even running programs from the memory card. However, it doesn't work fine with Chatter. I keep getting a message that Chatter is shutting down and then my Treo resets. (especially when you are running an application from the SD card) I think it is messing the qsync in the background feature. Could you take a look at it?

Thanks,

Al
    No, I won't take a look at it. It strikes me as an evil thing.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    I know it sounds evil, but it improves the Treo performance.

"If you only knew the power of the dark side.."
    Darth Vader

Al
    Actually, Al....in my case I'm not sure that it does. I tried the program (using "evil's" settings per the other thread) and saw absolutely no improvment in anything whatsoever. So, I took it off. I wish it cured the click the contact dialing delay...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    I'm using dbcache w/the latest chatter beta. no reset problems here. I've probably gone a week or so without incident between the two programs.
    -- berto
    My only point was that I don't know what it does, and since I'm not doing anything "wrong", I don't know what it would mean to "support" it.

Marc
    FWIW, I'm not having any reset problems.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Do you guys run applications from the SD card? Tried running SplashBlog from the SD card and view a couple of pictures then exit and you should get the Chatter is shutting down. It only happens when you close programs from the SD card.

Al
    I'm not running SplashBlog...

But I've just loaded Monopoly from SD card (while the green arrows were lit, so Chatter was active), nothing. Same with Village Sim.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm not running SplashBlog...

But I've just loaded Monopoly from SD card (while the green arrows were lit, so Chatter was active), nothing. Same with Village Sim.
    I run DA, Docs to Go, and Picsel Browser off the SD card. Chatter is always connected and I don't have any reset problems due to the DB Cache Tool (not sure it's doing a whole lot...my wake up faster) using the current stable version of Chatter. I did try and install the latest beta the other day (like .b29 or something) and my phone reset any time I tried to open Chatter. Not sure if this is due to it not playing nice with the DB tool (but I don't think so, and I did not get a Chatter shutting down error), maybe just the beta (not saying it is Marc, but they are labled unstable after all
    ), or maybe I botched the upgrade (though I've never had problems before).

Anyway I can see where this might fall under the area of being unsupported, but I think you may have an issue other than the DB tool. I mean have you uninstalled the DB tool and made sure that was what was causing the resets? If not I would verify that.

Also are you pulling from a POP3 account or is it pushed? Not professing to know if it makes a difference, just want to know what's different from mine to yours. I'm using IMAP on two different accounts, no POP3 or anything else.
    JW
    fry-man22 - I'd be interested in your experience with the latest beta's; I'm intending to release 1.0.6 as a stable release next week.

Marc
  12.    #12  
    I don't know if it was my configuration on Chatter or the new beta, but now it works fine. It might have something to do with my connection preferences in Chatter.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    fry-man22 - I'd be interested in your experience with the latest beta's; I'm intending to release 1.0.6 as a stable release next week.

Marc
    Man I just tried this again, I am working through a hot sync issue right now, but tell me if this should have given me a good upgrade.
    1.) Shutdown and Upgrade ChatterEmail
    2.) While holding the up rocker on the 5 way I reset the treo. I verified the warm reset was successful by going into the prefs->power settings and then changing the beam receive to "ON" and it remained "OFF" (BTW what a BS way to tell if a function happened, shame on palm for that one) per the P1 website inctructions.
    3.) Since I couldn't Hot Sync (don't know why yet, I think it's a PC thing) I put the 4 file on the SD card and copied them over into RAM with the zLauncher file manager.
    4.) Opened Chatter and saw the Migrating preferances message.
    5.) Reset loop ensues. Can't stop it without a hard reset.

Other than the fact I'm not Hot Syncing the files I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The zL thing has worked before, but maybe Chatter's different.
    Thanks for any help.
    fryman22 - If you're upgrading from any recent version (> b20), you don't need to do ANY reset first; just make sure you Shutdown ChatterEmail first.

Marc
    I'm using the current stable version 1.0.5.1, does this qualify as a non-reset version?
    Thanks for the replies Marc.
    JW

--EDIT--

Well, I don't know what happened, but it works now. After I installed rc3 this last time (copied the files with zLauncher from card to RAM) and it went into the reset loop, I did a hard reset to fix the loop. Then I forgot to go back and replace the 4 files in the back up folder that changed when I upgraded so I basically synced back the same thing I reset to get away from. The thing is when I open Chatter and it migrated my preferances, it just went about getting updated to the server, no resets or anything.

I guess I'm just a bone head, but I tried this several time with just warm and soft resets and it didn't work. But this will be an easier process next time since I'm on a newer version, right?

Sorry for all the questions today, I've just never had problems upgrading this app...
    Last edited by Fry-man22; 06/03/2005 at 04:55 PM.