1.    #1  
    I use the software from palm to sync my treo up with my pc from time to time so I've got a backup of all my data. What I want to know is; is there a way to transfer all that backed up data from the treo file on my pc to my pda? I figure some of the stuff may not be compatible between the two, but the main thing I want is the address book/phone numbers.

I tried this in reverse when I first got my treo and it caused a lot of problems. I ended up having to completely uninstall all the software from my pc and redo everything on my pda and my treo.

Thanks, and sorry if this is explained somewhere already... I looked, I promise
    Backupman or backupbuddy should let you transfer only those files you want or you can try a global backup first and reset if it messes up!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll give those a try.
    Is it a PalmOS PDA? If it is then it's very simple. Connect your PDA to your PC then hotsync using a different 'Hotsync Name' than your Treo. You can hotsync both devices using separate names with no issues. I used to sync two devices for a few months when I upgraded. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    Right, but does that sync the same data between the two?
    Quote Originally Posted by dclutter1
    Right, but does that sync the same data between the two?
    Yes, both handhelds will have the same PIM info but not their preferences which is what you want.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #7  
    Yep, that did just what I needed. I copy/pasted all the info from my treo profile to my tungsten profile, and it synced up and works like a charm.

Thanks a lot.