1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm ready to purchase a Treo 650 GSM for use with my existing T-Mobile service, and I'm wondering how to get the best deal for it online. $700 seems way too excessive, and I'm envious of all of you that got in on that last 15% off deal that PalmOne had.

If anyone knows a place that I can get a good deal, I would love to hear about it.

Also, T-Mobile folks, have you had any problems using the Treo on their network? I can't imagine there would be any, but I'd like to know if any features don't work or are disabled (Bluetooth DUN, etc).

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered somewhere else. I did some searches of the forums but I might not have found everything.

Thanks!
    Don't know where to get the best deal, CDW and www.shopblt.com both have it listed for about $618 but naturally they don't have any. I've used it since February on T-Mobile and it works fine. The unlocked GSM version is the only one that DOESN'T have features disabled without using third-party patches.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I got mine (Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Cingular branded) on ebay for $500. I use it on T-Mobile. No problems with it that everyone else doesn't already complain about too....awaiting the new firmware.
    Complain enough to t-mo about them not carrying it and they will offer you a $100 credit plus one month free if you buy the unlocked version from P1.
    I bought mine off of eBay for $450, and I'm having a friend who is with Cingular unlock mine so I can use it with T-Mobile...then I'm going to try to talk them into a subsidy to stay with them and sign a new contract or I'm jumping ship to Cingular. Just my 2 cents.
    I would avoid CIngular for a while until they get their networks back up. No email or internet for a week here in San Diego.

Hard reset didn't fix it.

Greg
    unlocked GSM (from Palm), Cingular, FW 1.15
    I just spent 10 days on the road from MT, to TX to SD to NE to IA and had no problems with Cingular whatsoever. YMMV.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by illumin8
    Hi, I'm ready to purchase a Treo 650 GSM for use with my existing T-Mobile service, and I'm wondering how to get the best deal for it online. $700 seems way too excessive, and I'm envious of all of you that got in on that last 15% off deal that PalmOne had.

If anyone knows a place that I can get a good deal, I would love to hear about it.

Also, T-Mobile folks, have you had any problems using the Treo on their network? I can't imagine there would be any, but I'd like to know if any features don't work or are disabled (Bluetooth DUN, etc).

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered somewhere else. I did some searches of the forums but I might not have found everything.

Thanks!
    I feel your pain about the Palm cost, but, and it may be a big but, what's a 100 or so dollars savings really worth? If you buy from Ebay and experience problems it's likely a hassle to get recompense. If you buy from some other source that maybe does not have a great reputation, or worse yet is selling old inventory, then where are you?

$700 is a tough price, but if you really want one I wouldn't let $100 - $150 stand in your way, provided it doesn't severely strain your funds. The good things about buying from Palm are
    - Likely uncontested recourse in case you experience hardware problems
    - Ability to use on any GSM carrier's network
    - No locked or disabled features/functions
    - Much higher resale value when and if you decide to sell

You just have to decide how much those features are worth. I struggled with the above issues some time ago when I considered purchasing my Moto Razr, which set me back about $600, but it's been worth it. I love my Treo and it's my primary phone, but my Razr is great in certain situations and fantastic when I travel outside the US.
    Try www.expansys.com
    570 EUROS !!! Unlocked GSM
    katris
  10. mnf
    570 Euros = ~ $712
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all of the helpful responses guys. I just got my Unlocked GSM Treo 650 from comp-u-plus.com... Found it on Pricegrabber, and it was the cheapest price I could find that actually had it in stock. $650 plus shipping it came to $673.90 total.

I think you guys are giving good advice about purchasing a real GSM unlocked phone. I'm a little nervous about buying one from some untrusted seller on eBay that may or may not even work with T-Mobile, and might be missing features.

I put my SIM card in it, powered on the phone, and everything is working great! T-Zones gives me internet access. Phone functionality works.

This phone is awesome. Thanks again for all your help.