1.    #1  
    My business does everything via pdf files, so I desparately need this app to work on my 650! I tried loading the required files to my almost empty 1gb sd card, and when I try to run it, it gives me a not enough memory error. When I try to move the files to RAM, it tells me that one of the files is locked and can't be moved. Also, I can't install the 3 prc's to RAM directly - it always gives me an error. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks.
    For the file that is locked, using FileZ or another file manager you can uncheck the Read Only attribute - that should allow you to move the file over to RAM.

How much free RAM so you have?

Here's the process I went through to get it to work:

Copy the following files from my PC to my SD card (using Card reader or CardExportII)

Browser Help Pages.pdb
    English Language Pack.pdb
    Picsel Browser core.pbd
    Picsel Browser.prc

Once moved into RAM, use ZLauncher/PowerRun, etc. to move the program to the SD Card.

When I tried to run the program as RAM resident, I nearly always had resets. Once I moved the program to my card, it became instantly more stable.

Hope this helps.....keep in mind, at present we are able to use the program to read pdf created documents but not scanned documents that are saved as pdf files.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but didn't work. I have Filez and you cannot uncheck Read Only from the attributes. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! Trying to get this for countless hours!!!!!!!!!! :-((((
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    It's strange, I have been nervous about moving piscel to my RAM and back to card. So just now I ran it from my card without any problems what so ever. It is really advanced looking. However I do not know how to open a pdf yet lol

By the way, I just made a shortcut from zlauncher without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    I have Filez and you cannot uncheck Read Only from the attributes.((((
    Do you have ZLauncher - if so try the remove the read only with the file manager resident in ZL. Now that I think of it, I believe I had to movce the files from the card with ZL the first time and then move the program back with it as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    However I do not know how to open a pdf yet lol
    Tap on the cube in the lower right hand corner then tap the red icon on the right hand side of the circle of icons. Find the file you want to open and viola!
    I got this to work by just putting the files on an SD card and moving it to RAM with the zLauncher file manager. I didn't have to mess with the read only stuff. I think that means you can't edit it, not that you can't move/copy it.

Anyway the memory I think you are running out of is the "heap" memory where applications run. This memory can be freed up by doing a soft reset. When I did a soft reset and then used the zL file manager (tried Resco Explorer and fileZ and they would not do it, download the trial of zLauncher if you have to) to move the files I had no problems.

I am running the DB cache tool talked about elsewhere (I'll post a link tomorrow, too much trouble from the phone) so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Tap on the cube in the lower right hand corner then tap the red icon on the right hand side of the circle of icons. Find the file you want to open and viola!
    wow that worked flawlessly! Thanks treo2die4

This software is really smooth feeling and kinda looks like mac stuff.
    Does anyone have "Browser Help Pages.pdb"? If so I would be eternally grateful. send to wolfsons@easystreet.com. I would be willing to email to others once I get it.

Thanks

Marv
    If you receive 'Memory' errors when trying to copy the files over to RAM, then you need to installed UDMH from Dmitry's website http://dmitrygr.com & enable it. It will then allow you to copy the files. UDMH increase dynamic memory heap or the buffer which is used to copy. Also improves performance when running game emulators & my current favorite Macromedia Flash.

Incidently I have found if you have Picsel running - it goes very well with Butler with Vol buttons enabled, Sidekey = select. Somehow Picsel now has anoth icon in top left. either a magnifying glass (Vol up down = zoom in out) then hit custom side key & changes to a page icon & (Vol up down = scroll page up down) Very neat. I bought Butler just for this function!!