1. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    This isn't specifically a Treo problem, I think it's my ISP. My business email IMAP4 account syncs fine in Microsoft Outlook, but won't sync using Chatter. It shows a blue envelope and says it's online but the messages don't show up, and I know they're there.

I don't think it's a problem with Chatter, because my fastmail.fm and my (30-day trial) mailsnare.net accounts sync and display fine. I got Chatter to work for me by forwarding my business emails to my fastmail account, but it's not ideal because I often get big attachments that eat up my fastmail bandwidth, so for now I'm bouncing them back to my email server. I was hoping to have my ISP fix the non-sync problem before my trial mailsnare.net account (which has a lot more bandwidth) expires, but I'm not getting a lot of action (I guess us Treo users aren't a big chunk of their business).

My ISP is running Modusmail by Vircom, and it's the latest IMAP4 version, so it should work, but it doesn't. I installed a trial of Snapper, to see if it was a problem with Chatter, and my messages didn't show up there, either. I can't understand why it would work in MS Outlook but not on the Treo. I've worked around it with fastmail but it's driving me nuts. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this problem and whether there is an easy fix, or even an explanation why this happens...
  2. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    After 3 weeks of no action, my email account started sync'ing tonite (I'd had it set up without any emails displayed). 10 minutes ago. Hmmm... maybe I should post on TC whenever I'm looking for action, seems to have results...