1.    #1  
    Ok.So on my first visit to the Sprint store on my quest for a 650 upgrade(refurbished). I lucked up and got my 650 today with no hassle whatsoever.Brand new in the box. My 600 lost all voice volume and noone on the other end could hear me when I got calls.This would have been my 3rd 600 if I was unsuccessful at gettin the 650.Jus wanted to share the good news! Thanks for all your previous posts regarding replacements. It helped me alot!!
    I did the dumbest thing tho.I restored all my files from my backup program on my SD card and my 650 began to continuously restart over and over again.I did a hard reset and manually put all compatible programs on my 650 and it seems to be workin fine now.My question is this.I want to figure out for sure which program is causing it to go nuts. Will installing it(process of elimination) do any harm to the unit if I try it again or is this pretty much harmless as long as its corrected(with hard reset & removal of program from backup file)? I don't want this thing to crash on me permanently....I'm havin too much fun!

P.S.-The 650 kicks the 600's ***!!!

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You will be fine if you want to try adding programs to figure out which of them was causing the problem. Just be prepared to need to do a hard reset when things get ugly. This is pretty much what I did with my 650, but none of the programs ended up being a problem. Yet, simply restoring from the back up of my 600 did cause problems, so there is apparently more to it. Bottom line, test all you want. Just get ready to reinstall everything again.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Welcome to the game pimpin!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Which Sprint store did you go to? I'm in Chicago, too so I may hit up the same spot. I've been having a few probs with my 600 that no one seems to be able to fix.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Which Sprint store did you go to? I'm in Chicago, too so I may hit up the same spot. I've been having a few probs with my 600 that no one seems to be able to fix.
    Go to the one on the North side on Lincoln and Devon.Be prepared to chill.They have long waiting times.I just insisted they upgrade me b/c the problem I was having kept repeating itself.They were happy to assist.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle
    Ok.So on my first visit to the Sprint store on my quest for a 650 upgrade(refurbished). I lucked up and got my 650 today with no hassle whatsoever.[
    Cheers to you! Have a Pudding Pop!
    Treo 650 Wireless Headset
    I know there's a compatible/incompatible 650 software list somewhere on this site. That might make it easier to find the problem software quicker.

Clue
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Go to the phone dial pad, dial ##377 (same as ##err for error), and it will tell you what caused the last reset. Sometimes it's a program, sometimes it isn't. If it's an old program you can then go and delete it. If it's supposed to be a compatible program, you may need to troubleshoot it some more.

By the way, I got a free upgrade to a 650 at a Sprint store when I took in my broken 600, too. Pretty sweet deal.

Good Luck,
    cwproctor
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    I know there's a compatible/incompatible 650 software list somewhere on this site. That might make it easier to find the problem software quicker.

Clue
    Thanks man.I'll check that out.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwproctor
    Go to the phone dial pad, dial ##377 (same as ##err for error), and it will tell you what caused the last reset. Sometimes it's a program, sometimes it isn't. If it's an old program you can then go and delete it. If it's supposed to be a compatible program, you may need to troubleshoot it some more.
    Hey man.I figured it out.The info in my 600 back-up card cannot be used to restore data in a 650.I was jus too excited and didn't check the forum out before hand.It was an ***** move.
    Funny thing tho.......I jus ran into the prob with Versamail.My phone was resetting itself when I tried to delete this one specific e-mail.I found th thread on this prob and now its running smoothly....for now.Where would I be without this place?
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that my 650 continues to run smoothly.......

Quote Originally Posted by cwproctor
    By the way, I got a free upgrade to a 650 at a Sprint store when I took in my broken 600, too. Pretty sweet deal.
    The Sweetest!!! I went from a 300 to a 650 in less than 45 days.Life don't get no better than this.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by maven
    Cheers to you! Have a Pudding Pop!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Fo sho!

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650