Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    lately, i cannot run Express. I tap the icon and all I get is a white screen. i have uninstalled and reinstalled express and the same thing happens. any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    lately, i cannot run Express. I tap the icon and all I get is a white screen. i have uninstalled and reinstalled express and the same thing happens. any suggestions?

Might be a silly question, but have you reset the unit? I had this happen a couple of times and a reset fixed it.

Bek
  3.    #3  
    hey, actually, i should have mentioned that i have done a soft reset but not a hard reset. a soft reset gets me out of express but the next time i try to go back in it freezes again.
    Could be another silly comment...if you are running it from the card try moving it back to RAM, uninstall, and then reinstall. See if it works from RAM first.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5.    #5  
    no, i have been running it from RAM all along.
  6.    #6  
    i used uninstall to uninstall everything and still no dice.
    SWAG -- after uninstalling it -- also delete it from your backfolder on your PC -- maybe it is corrupted in the backup folder and just reinstalling the "corruption" again and again from the backup folder over your re-install.

Program Files / Palm / user id / backup

Then again, maybe the .prc you are installing is corrupt, try downloading a new one from Handmark.
  8.    #8  
    i'll try erasing the backup; i have been reinstalling straight from the disc....
    If that doesn't work . . . . what was the last thing you installed prior to Handmark Express going belly up? Try removing that.
  10.    #10  
    i just did a hard reset and reinstalled a clean copy of everything.....then, I got the express white screen of death again. it only happens when I run express. I erased the backup copy and everything. any ideas??
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    forget about the version that is on the disc you bought. there is no telling how old that version is. heck it might be version that was out before the 650 was even on the market. go to the handmark website and download the program for there. don't worry you can still use the same, log in and regaistration code information. this should work, I have been using express for a little more than a month now without experiencing a single white screen of death.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  12.    #12  
    yeah, i tired that...no luck...same thing...i cannot figure out what is causing this problem for the life of me. I think i am going to get vindigo for movie times and DA (free) for 411. Now I need news and weather.
    One last thought -- after your hard reset -- did you just do a new hot sync that put everything in your backupfolder back onto yout Treo automatically?

If so, I have to believe there is a conflict with another program you have installed.

If you want to investigate: Do a hard reset -- hot sync to a new user called "test", install Handmark Express and see if you still get the white screen with it being the "only" 3rd party app installed. If not -- keeping adding untill you find the offending program.

If you get the white screen when it is the only 3rd party app installed -- then I might think you have a hardware issue. . . . . .
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    The maps that you get in Express are outstanding and way beyond what Directory Assistant provides, to me, the hook for Express was the maps (and the movie listings). If DA had that quality of map I might have saved my money.

Anyway, I am thinking it has got to be a conflict with a 3rd party app. I definitely have had no similar issues, except every once and a while updating sports causes a reset. But otherwise perfect running. I agree with Perry Holden's recommendation as your next step.
    I am having the same problem with Express on a Verizon 650. I tried it after a hard reset and all I get is a white screen.
  16.    #16  
    hmmmm.its weird, it worked fine and then all of a sudden it didn't, it did not add any new apps before it stopped working.
    Are you all Verizon users??

(My Sprint 650 works fine with Express)
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/31/2005 at 07:32 PM.
    I had this on my sprint 650...that's why I dropped express.
    I have a Verizon 650 running Express & I have no issues to speak of....
    Well trash the Verizon concept.

Does Express work as the only 3rd party app installed,for those having the problem?

Has Handmark Express support had any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast