1.    #1  
    I bought one about 2 weeks ago, I love the phone and everything that it is capable of doing, but I am having problems with the ear piece volume and speakerphone. I heard that the above up date will help with those problems.

Am I able to do the update on a cingular branded phone? TIA
    Yes, but be aware that the update was designed for an unbranded phone. If you apply it, you'll gain memory, BT DUN and probably stability (some folks think 1.21 is more stable) but you'll lose your Cingular-specific stuff like Xpress Mail.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Yes, but be aware that the update was designed for an unbranded phone. If you apply it, you'll gain memory, BT DUN and probably stability (some folks think 1.21 is more stable) but you'll lose your Cingular-specific stuff like Xpress Mail.
    Thanks for the reply. I am not worried about xpress mail, I am using Snapper. What is BlueTooth DUN? Also where can I find the 1.21 FW? And does 1.21 require that I load it through a SD card?
    Bluetooth DUN, or Dial Up Networking, is the ability to tether your laptop via bluetooth to your Treo in order that your laptop might use the Treo's internet connection; in other words, use the Treo as modem. The option is hidden on Cingular branded T650s.

Search the forums here for the link to 1.21; one or two of the members have volunteered to host the files. There are both Hotsync and SD card versions available.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  6.    #6  
    I really appreciate your prompt replies. I am currently downloading 1.21 and look forward to the improvement. Can I go back to 1.04 if 1.21 doesn't work out?
    I don't think there's any way to go back to 1.04...but there is a link somewhere in the forums for 1.15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    there is a link somewhere in the forums for 1.15.
    Same place as 1.21.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  9.    #9  
    Exactly what do I copy on to the SD card and then how to I get it to launch on my Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by livestrong
    Exactly what do I copy on to the SD card and then how to I get it to launch on my Treo?
    There are detailed instructions in several existing threads, but in summary: start with a blank SD card and extract the PALM directory from the zip file to the card. Don't try to second-guess the fact that there are directories and nested zip files in there - just extract it and leave it alone. Most of the problems that folks have encountered have been caused by futzing with the files after they're extracted. Then just do a hard reset, and insert the card - the update will launch automagically.