Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Greetings
    I've been looking into this forum for a while gathering info on accessories for my Treo 650. Specifically cases. Vaja seems to be the cat's meow at the moment and just as I was about to order the T65 or T66 (still haven't decided), I came across this: http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/...EO650HARDSHELL

I know you Vaja fans will say "no comparison" but is this not a clone of the T65? Your thoughts please.

Thanks

Dreadone
    Dreadone, welcome to TC!

Interesting...it's almost like a Vaja! For comparison, open up two Web browsers and compre vajacases.com and your Website. You'll notice there are some minor differences, the first one being with Vaja you can order in different colors! Word to the wise: get a darker color, as Vaja cases get a tad bit dirty with age

Well, most cases with a lighter color lose their sheen anyways...

The other thing is: Vajacases.com charges an OBSCENE amount of $$ to ship (like $8-$14). You can also get Vaja cases (T65) "Persona" at the palmOne online store and some of the palmOne retail cafes: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...il&btnG=Search

###
    Almost forgot...ordered the T66 in Ruby Wine earlier on Monday:
    http://www1.vajacases.com/vaja/catalogo.nsf/htmlmedia/apa102i_comb/$file/cruby-wine.jpg

full lay-out
    http://www1.vajacases.com/images/sma...a102i/main.jpg

T66: I like having the screen protected!
    ###
    I think FedEx International contributes to the obscene shipping charges. Vaja uses the Priority. Mine arrived EARLY, like 8:30. They had to come back.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Vaja ships from Argentina. I really didn't enjoy spending that kind of money, but for my needs the T65 was the best. Looking at the case that started this thread though, makes me glad I didn't just order a black one. I kept it simple and just got a custom color (caterina orange), but a plain black case was kind of what I was trying to avoid when settling on the T65.
    Could this be the Treokitz package without all the other accessories?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I just ordered one. I don't think it's the Treokitz because it doesn't have that mesh stuff covering the microphone. Shipping is only $4.85 from this company, and I've dealt with them before. It might be a copy of the Vaja, but it looks great!

I'll post back when I receive it (should be this week)
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the welcome, Kevmeister. When I saw this model before ordereing the real thing, common sense tapped me on the shoulder and said, "ok, which road will you take?" Granted I can guarantee you the leather quality is no where the same and you're basically dealing with a no name brand. However, I am talking three issues that will persuade one to order this 'copy'...time (five weeks to be made), money (3 to 4 times the cost), and curiosity. I'm weak so I think I will order one just to answer that lurking question...'what if?'.
    BTW, Kevmeister your choice of color on the T66 is hot.
    Puppyfriend, the design is similar to the Treokit. However, Treokit seems to be another hot item that is at this time out of stock. The 'clone' may be an alternative to those who already have the accessories but just need the case.

Dreadone
    Last edited by Dreadone; 05/25/2005 at 12:28 AM.
    Hey, I'm sure some people like inferior quality products that look like the real thing.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Hey, I'm sure some people like inferior quality products that look like the real thing.
    For 25% of the cost of a Vaja, I'll take it

Honestly, how inferior can it be when I'm saving almost $100? It's a case for a phone, not a leather jacket
    In my opinion the Vajas are very very very overpriced considering they are produced in Argentina. I visit Argentina 4 or 5 times a year and leather goods down there are *extremely* inexpensive. A good $500 leather jacket here is about $100 down there. $200 shoes are about $40. I'd be surprised if those Vaja cases cost the company more than $10 to make. Probably more like $5. So based on that, I wouldn't do a price/quality comparison with Vaja in the loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    For 25% of the cost of a Vaja, I'll take it

Honestly, how inferior can it be when I'm saving almost $100? It's a case for a phone, not a leather jacket

Absolutely agree.
    In 6-8 months will be looking to upgrade to another Treo . The case than becomes useless. I would rather take an inferior case , which will afford the same amount of protection and use $100 for next Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Absolutely agree.
    In 6-8 months will be looking to upgrade to another Treo . The case than becomes useless. I would rather take an inferior case , which will afford the same amount of protection and use $100 for next Treo.
    Protection? Who the heck was talking about protection?

I just like the nice, high quality leather case. I couldn't care less about the protection.
    This knock-off appears to be much thicker than the Vaja. Just wanted to point that out. Still you can't argue the cost.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Check out the resale value of a Vaja case on eBay. Case closed.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Very true....some have gone as high as $200!
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    If I pay $34 for a case, and don't get anything when I resell it, I'm still $100 ahead

It's only a phone case. I can't understand why anyone gets so bent out of shape over these things. My $34 knock-off Vaja clone shipped today, so I'll get it by Friday. I'll report back on the quality of the leather

I did a search on eBay http://search-completed.ebay.com/tre...refinesearchZ1

and it didn't support your argument. The highest price I found was $170, and the lowest was $83.

Can you provide some more detail on your "case closed" analysis?
    Last edited by URPREY; 05/25/2005 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Very true....some have gone as high as $200!
    Yeah all right .......,
    I would never pay that much money for someone 's sweat soaked, used for almost a year, case .
    And Jazzi if protection was not an issue and damaged Treo was replaceble at your request. I would never buy a case .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Yeah all right .......,
    I would never pay that much money for someone 's sweat soaked, used for almost a year, case .
    And Jazzi if protection was not an issue and damaged Treo was replaceble at your request. I would never buy a case .
    I'm sure people buy them for different reasons. I buy one because it makes it easier to hold, and I think it's safer on my belt than in my pockets, or on my desk. But, I really don't expect it to protect it from very much. If I drop it, I won't be surprised if I break it, and won't blame the case if it does.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I observed Vaja sales on eBay for quite a while before I bought my own. I was hoping to get a "great" deal. Unfortunately the demand was, and still is, very high for these cases (even for the older 600) and they often sold for even higher than retail for used cases in mint condition. I figure it's because people don't want to have to wait the 30 days to get their case. I keep my stuff in excellent condition so I am certain when I decide to sell my case I will get a substantial amount back (towards the purchase of another vaja for my treo 700 ). In the meantime I get to use the absolute best in the industry IMHO. BTW, I've had other nice cases like the Covertec, Bellagio, Pacific Rim, etc. and I have resold them all when I move onto another and I never get much at all for them. I believe this won't be the case with the Vaja.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast