Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    has anyone that actually bought one of these units recieved it yet and is able to comment on the quality, accuracy of fit, delivery time, etc ...

i think they look great, esp for the price ...

i take it that this is a different case from the TreoKitz one ( i think that the treokitz unit has wire mesh covering some of the cutouts... whereas this one doesn't seem to have that particular finish ......)

anyway ... can't wait to get some user feedback on this one
  2. Pft
    My opinion (no flames) the vajas are way overpriced.. I will be ordering this other case.
    They are overpriced now .. when alternatives with similar functionality and design are available.

Back when I bought my Vaja, it met all my needs at a cost I could afford. With the Vaja, I got a huge choice of colors, my name on the case, and a nice box :-)

If I was ordering a case today, I would buy the cheap knock-offs.

Everyone will have their own limits on cost and quality/features where they'll make a decision on what to buy.

There are no universal truths here .. to each his own.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Just got mine today. Theses are definate points.

1-Almost exact Vaja clone, shape style

2-Leather, not even close to the Vaja, cheaper grade leather, not bad mind you, but not at the Vaja level.

3-The actual case looks like maybe a flawed, or Vaja OEM, cut in half and widend up a bit, maybe a treo 600 stock, cut and modified for the 650, (just my guess) there is also a small piece, maybe 1/4 inch wide running around the entire center edge of the case, on the Vaja, you could see where the two half's of the case, front back were joined. Pretty crappy looking, but you really have to look at it pretty close tonotice, they got it to blend in ok.

4-The nub for the belt clip did not come attached, so you have to screw it in your self, no big deal, but I don't like knowing that it could potentially loosen up and come off, might be a call for some locktight.

5- Belt clip it self, ok, a little on the cheap/cheesey side. It works though.

Overall, this will become my everyday case, it protects the entire edge of the 650, just like my Vaja did on my 600. The look leaves a little to be desired, but for me function out weighs form. I also miss the color options, and the custom nameaddition. I loved my Vaja, but at over $120.00 for the Vaja compared to $30 for the clone, no brainer for me.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pft
    My opinion (no flames) the vajas are way overpriced.. I will be ordering this other case.
    I am a happy Vaja T65 owner, but I agree that they are overpriced. Wonderful craftsmanship but the cost makes it an impulse buy. If you put any thought into it, it makes no sense to buy one when a decent, lower-cost alternative exists. Nevertheless, I don't regret buying mine.
  6.    #26  
    Today, I also received the "clone". As suspected the leather quality nowhere compares to that of the Vaja. Abarrios pointed out that the seam around the case could have been crafted a little better. I agree. The interior is soft felt and it has a nice 'custom' snug fit. Easy access to all key functions and charger/sync ports. As far as protection, it will perform. In fact, I would be less concerned if this case gets a scratch on it than a $100+ Vaja. For the rest of us, this will work.

Dreadone
    Abarrios and Dreadone .... could you help with some more questions on these clones pls

does the leather on this clone look really, really bad ... or just not as good as the vaja original? ...

does it have the mesh over the cutouts as i think the vaja does ?...

is the removable nub for the beltclip hard to put on ?... and does the nub and clip seem reasonably strong ?.... i take it that the nub is removable so that the case can be worn with or without the belt clip ... and hence if worn without the clip and nub would sit pretty low profile

i think that i remember a reviewer somewhere commenting that the leather edge of either the vaja or the treokitz copy sat a little too close to some of the buttons on the treo 650 keyboard ... i tried to search for the review, but have looked at so many over the last few days that i just couldn't find it... is this a problem with this clone ... ( and have any vaja owners noticed this about the original vaja T65? ) ....

Finally, ....does anyone know how this clone cmprs to the treokitz clone ... can any users of the treokitz clone pls comment on how happy they are with there case ..

so many questions! .... thanks heaps for the advice
    The leather is ok, it does not look that bad, but not Vaja grade leather.

No mesh.

The nub seems pretty solid, locktighted mine last night.

Buttons close to the edge, Q,A,option etc. are a little harder to get to because the case is a little elevated. Still functional though.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I got mine yesterday also. It is just what I was expecting. The leather is decent quality, the overall fit is nice, and it looks great. The clip that came with it wasn't to my liking, so after some careful examination, I was able to figure out how to mount my Krusell mini-clip directly onto the back of the case. It's very much to my liking, and for only $30, I'm extremely satisfied.

BTW, the nub is almost flush with the back of it without the screw clip installed, so it would be fine without the clip at all.

I've attached a few quick pics of mine with the Krusell clip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks folks ... i think that helps! ..

in urprey's pics this clone looks pretty good considering it's price ... esp from both the front and back views ...

are you able to get any clearer pics of the side urprey? ,.. or can you add any further comments observations about the look of the sides etc?

thanks again
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Here's an eBay auction for the case with some good pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    After looking for some time for a good case without something over the screen and keyboard I opted for this case. Mine recently arrived. Overall it is good quality. However, it seems to block easy access some of the keyboard at the edges (particularly the space bar). Have others experienced this? I use my TREO often for email. I am going to try it for a few more days, but think this may be a deal breaker.
    I have egrips on my treo which I don't want to remove. Will it fit in this case with egrips on?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer
    After looking for some time for a good case without something over the screen and keyboard I opted for this case. Mine recently arrived. Overall it is good quality. However, it seems to block easy access some of the keyboard at the edges (particularly the space bar). Have others experienced this? I use my TREO often for email. I am going to try it for a few more days, but think this may be a deal breaker.

Some have had that experience with the original Vaja T65. Note the review.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/vaja-tr...on-review.html

Dreadone
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jennjay
    I have egrips on my treo which I don't want to remove. Will it fit in this case with egrips on?
    I doubt it. It's a pretty snug fit.

Dreadone
    I have an original Vaja (black) and was NOT in awe of the leather quality, the leather doesn't seem any different from any other leather case for a cell phone I have owned. Are those of you noticing a difference in leather quality comparing it to colored Vaja's?
    So who has one of these clones from Extreme PDA? The pictures do look like they missed the mic cut-out, but it's hard to tell. Did anyone eventually get one and what did they think? The Vaja really is too much for something you'll dump in 6 months.
    I think I might get this (Treo 650) T66 clone, $39.95:
    http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/...HARDSHELLCOVER

My original Vaja T66 is wearing out and has dropped my T650 more often than it should. I'm not shelling (pun intended) out another $130 dollars for an inferior belt clip system from Vaja. I want a belt clip you can click and not have it turn upside down, having my Treo fall out in the process.

Besides, I think with some shoe polish, I can make it almost any color I want.

Edit: Treo 700 Vaja T66 Clone...$19.95. WTF?
    http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/...HARDSHELLCOVER
    Last edited by KevMeister; 05/23/2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: new info
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12