Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    my screen's brightness will just suddenly drop to a lower level for some reason while web browsing at night. this is strange. brightcam is not installed, I have not adjusted prefs at all or screen brightness. it just happens by itself! bizarre. what could this be?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    my screen's brightness will just suddenly drop to a lower level for some reason while web browsing at night. this is strange. brightcam is not installed, I have not adjusted prefs at all or screen brightness. it just happens by itself! bizarre. what could this be?
    This is strange....I have had my Treo 650 since the end of February, and mine JUST started to do the same thing!!! I have No idea why this is happening, but it is very disconcerting!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    this happens to me when surfing with the charger attached. sometimes it even goes blank to the point where I can't see anything on the screen but the kb lstays on.. in my situation I think it is cause by overheating because I notice the treo getting very warm and that's when I usually give it a rest..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    yep. I am web browsing while I have it connected to the charger right now. think this could be the cause?
    it IS strange, for a second there I thought it may have been a faulty hardware problem on my phone, but maybe it is simply an issue involving the charging process?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Yes this has been discussed and I believe we also came to the conclusion that it was a heat issue. Looks like the Treo is trying to save itself from overheating. With that in mind, it's a good thing.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Same here, charging or not, it still happens to me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Me too... last week it starts - without charging and even without web browsing... During working with Datebk, or during reading an e-book, it odes not matter, it suddenly dims screen (I thing very soon, after 17 seconds to first level of dimmed screen, and after another 40 seconds to screen without backlight.).

What the hell is this?
    For the world is changing: I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, and I smell it in the air.
    Ohh, I have read some other threads and found out, that soft reset will help. Tried and confirmed.
    For the world is changing: I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, and I smell it in the air.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I had the same problem when I first bought my treo right after opening the box and charging treo. I was like what the hell is this? I was so upset because if anyone remembered they had similar kind of problem with treo 270 when the first lot from p1 came out..
    I even talked to their technical support guy for almost one hr but I guess I was the first person that time with this kind of problem so even they had no clue what to do? The technical support guy just made me to do the HR that's it and trying to convince me that this must be because of some corrupted files in treo but when I said that how can it be possible because I haven't installed anything yet nor even synchronise with my pc? thing is he was clueless about this thing...