Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I had for a very short period the Logitech Freedom headset and though it sounded good, there were two problems with my combination on a Sprint Treo 600 with Jabra A210 - 1) it turned itself off after a period of inactivity and did not easily turn back on and 2) it chewed up both ears. I kept it for one day. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by DocNusum
    I use the LMP...

Great in every respect...except VOLUME in Moving Vehicle!!!!!

My ear hurts from having to push it up against my head to hear the person I'm talking to....

DocNusum
    I absolutely agree! I love the clarity. I love that people hear me so clearly they think I'm not on a headset (even in my car with the windows down), but the volume in my ear is too low

Also, I can't figure out if you can redial from the LMP itself.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Sitting in a lawnchair at a post Father's Day B-BQ...

LMP clipped to my waistband...

Rested my arm in my lap...

Lifted my arm to take a drink...

My braclet "caught" the boom and broke the ear-clip right off!!!!!

(had it for 6 days!!!!!)

: - (
    DocNusum

Handspring 90-> Handspring Prism-> Handspring 300 ->P1 650

Airborne Army Medic-8 years--> Chicago Paramedic -2 years--> ER Nurse-2 years--> CCRN-2 years--> Currently FNP, PA-C.
    my buddy who just got this headset called me last night. Driving in his 911 wth a modified exhaust, I could not tell he was in his car. He also has the www.theboom.com and said he loved the wireless aspect of the logitech, but also comlained about volume. Although he said he still had a few bars of which he could turn it up.

Sounds like almost the perfect headset. I'm still waiting for the jabra bt500 to compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    my buddy who just got this headset called me last night. Driving in his 911 wth a modified exhaust, I could not tell he was in his car. He also has the www.theboom.com and said he loved the wireless aspect of the logitech, but also comlained about volume. Although he said he still had a few bars of which he could turn it up.

Sounds like almost the perfect headset. I'm still waiting for the jabra bt500 to compare.
    sorry which logitech was it?
    mobile pro
    anyone know the difference between the mobile and the newer mobile pro? they look the same. mobile pro is bluetooth v 1.2 and the older is 1.1 but since the 650 is only 1.1, will the pro be any better?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    anyone know the difference between the mobile and the newer mobile pro? they look the same. mobile pro is bluetooth v 1.2 and the older is 1.1 but since the 650 is only 1.1, will the pro be any better?
    You sound like me a few weeks ago. Ironically, in the next day or so, I'll have the older 1.1 version and the newer Pro simultaneously. I'll put them through their paces to determine if there's any difference. I'll be sure to post my findings.

I will say this... I had the 1.1 first, loved it...and thus this thread was born. Then I "upgraded" to the Pro and it was then that I noticed the low sound was sometimes an issue. Now I have the old one again and again I haven't noticed sound being an issue. This is unsubstantiated...but soon I will draw some first-hand conclusions. http://discuss.treocentral.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
    Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    I have been using the Logitech Mobile Pro for two weeks and it is excellent.

The only negatives: There is a slight delay in transfering a call, but I am used to it now. Also after a long time of wearing it, I get a little tired of the tight hold on my ear so I sometimes take it off for a while.

The Pros are great: It folds great for putting in my pocket, and the red and blue lights never leave me wondering if it is on or off. Unbelievably long battery life (like 4-7 hours of talk time), good sound, very secure fit on ear, easy to pop on with one hand, and good operation.

The volume problem can be solved if you use profilecare or volumecare software. I use ProfileCare (which includes VolumeCare) and the volume was very loud (almost too loud). When my ProfileCare free trial expired, the volume went back to low, so I bought the software and all is great.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    For those of you that have the HBH-300, does it have a piece that fits in the ear or does it simply rest against the ear. I ask because on my TWH simply rests against the ear and the volume just isn't loud enough. I'm wondering if the headsets that fit into the ear provide better volume. Opinions?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    I have been using the Logitech Mobile Pro for two weeks and it is excellent.

The only negatives: There is a slight delay in transfering a call, but I am used to it now. Also after a long time of wearing it, I get a little tired of the tight hold on my ear so I sometimes take it off for a while.

The Pros are great: It folds great for putting in my pocket, and the red and blue lights never leave me wondering if it is on or off. Unbelievably long battery life (like 4-7 hours of talk time), good sound, very secure fit on ear, easy to pop on with one hand, and good operation.

The volume problem can be solved if you use profilecare or volumecare software. I use ProfileCare (which includes VolumeCare) and the volume was very loud (almost too loud). When my ProfileCare free trial expired, the volume went back to low, so I bought the software and all is great.
    I'd second everything except the volume problem. VolumeCare doesn't have a fix for bluetooth headset volume yet, only wired headset. The volume on the Pro is too low for me still, especially in the car with the windows down (or the top down).
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    For those of you that have the HBH-300, does it have a piece that fits in the ear or does it simply rest against the ear. I ask because on my TWH simply rests against the ear and the volume just isn't loud enough. I'm wondering if the headsets that fit into the ear provide better volume. Opinions?
    I'm a HBH-300 user... the way the speaker fits is exactly the way the TWH does. It rests slightly to the back of the canal and not over/inside it.

The best ones that allow you to hear in noisy surroundings are the in-canal ones (this is basic logic - fit inside the ear, block out external noise). Jabra Eargel come to the rescue... it fits perfectly on the HBH-300 and allows you to block out external noise; amplifying your calls.

The best BT headset IMO needs 3 things:-
    1. Boom mic
    2. Windscreen (or some form of wind protection)
    3. In-canal fit

Currently there is no BT headset in the market which has all these 3. But the HBH-300 is able to fit in a foam windscreen as well as the aforementioned Jabra Eargel to be the best headset currently.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I got the Plantronics Voyager 510 last week. It's got a foldable boom and fits REALLY nicely. I don't even notice it's there most of the time.

The nice thing is I actually have to turn the volume DOWN on the thing. I haven't used another headset with my Treo650 yet, so I don't know the quality of any other one to compare. But I'm really happy with the 510.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    I have been using the Plantronics Voyager 510 for a couple of weeks also. The sound volume is excellent. I have it set at less than half of maximum. I do find it is quite comfortable for long periods of time. It is also the best sounding on the other end, according to my wife and a couple of clients. I had my wife pair it to her 650 to hear it for myself. The noise cancellation really works and the voice is loud and clear. It has battery life comparable to the Scala.

I was switching back and forth between TWH and Scala 500, but when I use one of those now the person on the other end says my voice is not as clear and there is a lot more background noise, especially when I'm in the car with the air-conditioning running or outside (I live in a rural area with a lot of noisy birds).

The disadvantages of the Voyager 510 is that it is slower than the other two to connect on an outgoing call. It seems about the same as the Scala connecting to incoming, but not as fast as TWH. It is not so slow that I can't live with the delays.
    of course after i order the logitech mobile I read the review of the plantronics voyager 510.

I borrowed my friends logitech and his treo wireless headset. hands down, the sound quality on the logitech mobile blows away the twh. everyone i talk to says the twh sounds muffled compared to the logitech, and most don't know i'm on a headset.

downside of the logitech is that it's pretty bulky and the charger and charging case is also pretty bulky.

the plantronics seems much sleeker. you really can't put the logitech in your pocket as it's very thick. you have to clip it on things, such as your waist or shirt.

the plantronics looks like you can actually put it in your pocket.

I of course, as this thread started am looking for absolute sound quality via bluetooth. as I posted earlier I have been using www.theboom.com for 2 years. which even in an amusement park, you sound like you are in your office. I don't expect that much for a bluetooth headset, but so far the noise reduction on the logitech has been pretty damn good. About 75% of theboom.

I've always been a fan of wired plantronics headsets, so I'm hoping the voyager is just as good. I'm bummed though, I alredy bought the logitech on ebay and it's being shipped. I might turn around and sell it and lose a few bucks if the plantronics is better.

Please, reviewers, let us know...
    I searched here and elsewhere on the net but cannot find a definitive answer to whether the Plantronics Voyager 510 is half or full duplex. Anyone know?
    None of the data I can find says if Voyager is full or half duplex. However, my it acts as if it is full duplex. Neither I or those on the other end hear any clipped syllables or sounds. I tried having my wife and I both talking at once (a common occurance) and we could both hear each other without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    None of the data I can find says if Voyager is full or half duplex. However, my it acts as if it is full duplex. Neither I or those on the other end hear any clipped syllables or sounds. I tried having my wife and I both talking at once (a common occurance) and we could both hear each other without a problem.
    Great. Thanks for the help.
    After borrowing the logitech mobile from a friend from 2 weeks, I wanted to compare it to the plantronics voyager 510. As I mentioned before I'vve been a diehard www.theboom.com user. I'm all about sound quality as I work from home a few days a week, and spend a lot of time in the car. I want the illusion that I'm "in the office". So I'm looking for something that has great noise cancellation.

I read this great review http://www.barjohn.com/Plantronics_V510.htm
    So I had to try it.

The logitech so far has been great. Most people have no idea I'm on a headset, even in the car at 80mph with road noise.

well, I got the plantronics voyager 510 yesterday from amazon. I must say so far, I like the design. Flexible material, boom rotates, sleek. It can fit in your pocket.

A few things:
    It's loud. Very loud, since the earpiece of which their are 3 sizes to choose from kind of sit in your ear. Classic plantronics design.
    Unlike the mobile pro which is more like the treo phone earpiece resting against your head. Both I can wear for about 1+hour then I have to take it off for a few minutes. I like the logitech in that I can still hear everything around me pretty well. On the plantronics I am using the smallest ear piece, so it's not blocking my whole ear canal as much. Nonetheless, volume is not a problem, in fact the treo volume sometimes is 1 bar depending on who i'm talking to and how their connection is.

As for noise cancellation, I really haven't done the car test yet. I have been around fans and air conditioners in and around the hoise. I did one test between the logitech and the plantronics standing in front of a vornado fan (great fan btw). Both headsets I was using the included windscreen on the microphone, which doesn't make them look as nice, but definitely cuts out windnoise (geek factor). Well, the logitech held up a little bit better, but bothe were pretty good at wind noise reduction.

The plantronics though is more sensitive, that is if you are on the phone with someone and you touch the headset, they can hear the rustling noise. So if you hit the answer button while putting it on, it would sound like you were rubbing the microphone which is annoying. Even touching the headset to adjust volume causes this rustling sound.

After getting comments from people I talked to on this, the way I tested it was to call my home line, which I have an in ear plantroncis headset on and then with the voyager, moved it around my head. the logitech doesn't really have that level of sensitivity. it's night and day.

The charger for the voyager is nice, about as small as the treo charger. This is a big plus as the charger for the logitech is HUGE and bulky. a pod like design, with worst, a charger that uses the big bulky head. So travel isn't all that great.

So between the 2? I'm keeping both for now. I need another week with the plantronics to really compare. I am going to do quite a few road tests and outside conversations with the plantroncis. to compare.

The logitech I like a lot, but it really isn't slim enough to put in my jeans pocket, and is kind of dorky looking as it protrudes from the head quite a bit. Also, the logitech, after a while the point at which the u shaped clip attaches to the rest of the headset, it has started to loosen up. Hard to explain, but those that own one I'm sure will understand. But sound quality, battery life awesome...

Oh yeah, the answer end button on the plantronics is in a bad place. It's on the boom portion of the headset. So when you answer and end the headset you jam the earbud into your ear. Kind of hurts, so you have to be kind of gentle and tricky when doing it. whereas the logitech is on top.

As for connection times, the plantronics answer is much slower than the logitech. My phone rings for a few seconds before the plantronics can answer, whereas the logitech is pretty immediate. As for outgoing calls, both are pretty quick.

As you can tell, I'm torn. They both have features that make them highly recommended headsets.

Oh yeah, the plantronics has an optional $250 base that you can use with a deskphone, pretty damn cool. Check out the pdf at the bottom of barjohns review.

It's late, Im' rambling, I'll update later.

and oh yeah, amazon has the plantronics for $47 shipped!!

You guys rock....
    Alright, so inspired by all those that contributed I have spent quite some time reviewing the plantronics voyager. Another day with it, and with my wife being the person on the other side of the phone on the house phone. I stood out on the street in front of my house, which is a pretty busy street, (35-40mph cars going by). I stood on the sidewalk, and switched between headsets.

The logitech - still has random static problems. Not sure if it's part of my 802.11b network, but she said there was a slight static in the background, it didn't go away when I put the treo up to the side of my head closer to the headset. I normally wear it on the right side in a holster. There was a slight breeze, and standing head on into it, she said the wind noise was not bad. Cars going by, she said she could hear the whish of the cars, but not that bad. She couldn't hear the engines and such, but could tell I was outside.

When I switched to the plantronics, she said the static wasn't there, the wind was about the same, maybe 10% louder, as was the sound of the cars. But she thought the noise cancellation between the two were essentially identical. However, when walking, she could hear the rustling of my walk, as I described in the post above, there is a delicate sensitivity to touch on the plantronics, touching the unit transfers a rustling sound like you were rubbing the microphone. If you take a look at the plantronics, there is of course a mic at the tip, but there are holes at the base of the arm as well (maybe noise cancelling micropphones??) But it causes rustling when you touch the headset. Kind of annoying, but I guess you just have to remind yourself to not adjust the headset on your ear while on the phone or the other person is going to hear quite a bit of it.

I then went inside the house in another quite room and we tried both headsets. No real static on either (like I said the logitech is random on this), but the voice quality between the two were different. The plantronics she said sounded tinny (this confirms a call earlier to a friend who said the same). The logitech though she said sounded hollow, kind of like I was far away from the microphone, not quite as bad as a speakerphone, but just that she could tell I was on a headset.

I'm going to do a few more tests in car, which I haven't had the chance to do yet. Hopefully tonight.

But I think the plantronics is starting to edge the logitech out. Mostly because of the sleek compact nature of it compared to the logitech. Connect time on the logitech is definitely faster though. The plantronics does give more confirmation beeps of connections, which I'm not sure is really better or worst, but just takes an extra second or so.

I blame probably the 650's bluetooth for some of the static issues, I do wish it was bluetooth 1.2, of which I think the plantronics would blow away the logitech with the frequency hopping that the 1.2 has over 1.1.

I'll be back....
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast