Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    the Logitech Mobile Bluetooth Headset is listed in that section...that one is model that came out before the Mobile Pro. This one was plagued with some problems, but the Pro version apparently corrects them al
    Hofo: Are you saying that the pro supports wireless handsfree as well as headset? in other words it does everything that the Treo Wireless Headset does? Do you own one?
    I use a $10 Sony non-boom I buy at Wal-Mart (I often shut my cord in doors so I have several). The people I call don't have any trouble hearing me.

Pamela
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Hofo: Are you saying that the pro supports wireless handsfree as well as headset? in other words it does everything that the Treo Wireless Headset does? Do you own one?
    I don't know what the standards are, but the Mobile Pro does this:

When an inbound call comes in: the phone itself rings, then about 2 seconds later the headset speaker plays its own ringtone in your ear. By tapping the button on the headset you connect in about one second.

When you make an outbound call from your phone the headset automatically connects once the phone call itself has acquired a ringing signal from the other party.

The exception to this (at least for me) is when I dial pre-programmed sequences like for my office voicemail, where I have have pauses, PINs and # signals programmed. For those speed dials the connection usually, but not always, transfers once my messages start to play back. Sometimes the transfer happens while the phone is still bursting the pre-programmed tones. In either case, I get to hear all of my messages, I just have not figured out when it immediately transfers these calls and when it waits until my voicemails play back. For my Sprint voicemail it conects immediately upon completion of the connection as with all other outbound calls.

The only problem I have had with the Pro is that a few times I have forgotten that the headset was powered on and was in my briefcase or clipped to my car visor. When I would make an outound call and hold the phone to my ear I would think I was not making connections because I heard nothing. Meanwhile the call was connected and playing through my headset and the other party could hear me cursing that my damned phone wouldn't connect.

My Sony 300 never had this issue becase I had to manually connect outbound calls. Chose your poison... pay attention if your PRO is powered on but not on your ear or enjoy the convenience of it automatically conecting on outbound calls. Especially while driving, I prefer the latter.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Here is a review I found today of someone who supposedly had the Logitech Pro and now has the Logitech Mobile Freedom..

CNET Review
    Pros: Outside ear canal, audio good for mic & speaker
    Cons: Large, screams gadget!!
    Full user opinion
    I used a Logitech Pro for a year and was happy with all aspects (outside of its massive size) but I finally broke it into pieces. My new Mobile Freedom is turning out to be even better. The fit takes some getting used to as there are 3 adjustments (loop rebending, earphone rotate, & tilt). Once I got it just right, I didn't feel it anymore. The size of this unit, while being smaller than the Logitech Pro, still has a dorky look but hey, I am a dork. The speaker is loud enough for me (others have cited low volume) and the people at the other end are unaware that I am using an earpiece. Battery life is excellent.
    The Palm One website lists the Mobile Freedom as supported on T650 for Wireless headset but not for handsfree. That means it will have the same problem as my Moto 850 (doesn't automatically handle outgoing calls but wil handle them if you push the headset button each time). I am assuming from a previous post that this is not an issue with the Mobile Pro. I am expecting delivery of the Mobile Pro shortly and I will repost once I have had it for a few days. If anyone knows for a fact that the Mobile Freedom does not have the problem I mention, please let us know.
    Motorola states in its documentation with the HS850 that it does not support auto-link, so it's not a "problem." Ben
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Last edited by fareal; 06/07/2005 at 04:05 PM.
    i just won the logitech pro for 51 USD, so next week i should have it...i definately want to see how this one performs
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i just won the logitech pro for 51 USD, so next week i should have it...i definately want to see how this one performs
    You "won"? On ebay? Was it a new one? Wow, and I thought I was good when I won it at $60 or so.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    yup NIB...from Canada...thus no tax...hurray (waiting for the shipping charge probably approx 10 USD)

yeah my bad...i won the ebay auction with a bid of 51 USD
  12. llh
    Methinks Cognizant doth sell too much.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by llh
    Methinks Cognizant doth sell too much.
    Methinks?

Doth?

Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lcstyle
    Give us some more info on the LMF as I am specifically considering the LOGITECH, mainly the negatives I want to ask you about is
    1. The Volume of the speaker, (volume of other persons voice in your ear) in a regular and noisy environment.
    2. The Time it takes to connect.

I have a Treo Wireless Headset, I like to press the button to answer the call, i dont like automatic call answering, but once i do press the button on the LMF how long does it take to pickup the call?

Thanks in advance

Ron
    Well, based on the feedback on here about it, I finally got the Logitech Pro and it arrived today. I must say in the few tests I've done so far it is better at causing less static when in my opposite side pants pocket, which is key. Also, people on the other end seem to think it is more clear. Two issues, the sound on my end doesn't seem to be as loud as the TWH or Cardo and I'm wondering if others have had that experience. I'm just worried about hearing when in my car with the top down. Also, it seems to take at least a couple seconds longer than the TWH and Cardo did to connect from when I hear the phone ring to when I hear the song play in the headset to let me know there is a call. Is this the experience others have had?

Also...the directions on charging are confusing. Is the light supposed to start off red or green? What color (if any) does it change to when it is fully charged? Thanks!
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 06/16/2005 at 01:13 AM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Just bought the logitech pro on Amazon for $66US. They say they now have one left at that price...
    So what do you guys think. the logitech pro or the treo wireless headset? which has better sound quality outgoing and incoming?
    I can't get the TWH to fit in my ear comfortably, and everyone I talk to says there's too much ambient background noise. My big ears are my problem, not Palmone's, but the sound problem is all them. I tend to agree with the title of this thread, which is why I just ordered the logitech.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    thought i'd post a quick update on the Logitech Mobile Freedom .. i got it for my wife so i mainly am on the other side of the phone when she is using it (when she calls me) .. anyway.. i definitely like the way this sounds when she calls me using it compared to the TWH.. great clarity.. the TWH had good clarity, just wasn't consistant.. at times it sounded choppy when she called me while using it. she said the volume on her end is fine too. The few times that I used it, the volume when using the LMF was either just right or a little too low.. I think its too low if you don't put it on your ear just right and the speaker gets covered by part of your ear.. so just make sure you put it on correctly and its fine. as i mentioned before too.. the distance you are able to walk away from the LMF before static begins is better than the TWH as well.

anyone interested in the Logitech Mobile Pro.. i'd recommend trying the Logitech Mobile Freedom .. its only $40 free shipping no tax at amazon .. i think its a bit smaller and lighter than the LMP.. but I've never used the LMP.. so i can't actually give a real comparison between the LMP and LMF.
    I use the LMP...

Great in every respect...except VOLUME in Moving Vehicle!!!!!

My ear hurts from having to push it up against my head to hear the person I'm talking to....

DocNusum
    DocNusum

Handspring 90-> Handspring Prism-> Handspring 300 ->P1 650

Airborne Army Medic-8 years--> Chicago Paramedic -2 years--> ER Nurse-2 years--> CCRN-2 years--> Currently FNP, PA-C.
    hmm.. that's disconcerting. I thought volume wasn't an issue.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast