Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Hopefully this thread, more than Amazon will help me in making that decision.
    This thread? Have you done any searching at all? There are dozens of threads in TreoCentral about headsets. In fact, that's one of the things I did when making my last heaset choice... took a temperature from all the headset comments I could find already out there.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I wonder how the Logitech Mobile Freedom compares to the Logitech Mobile Pro. I actually have a Mobile Freedom on the way to me but I've never used the Pro so I can't compare it.
    I can answser how the Logitech Mobile Freedom compares...

I purchased a Motorola HS820 as my first headset. It paired just great, answered really fast, got a full day of use from it, and it never shut itself down.

Bad - did not handle wind noise that well and only one day of use from the battery.

I then purchased the Logitech Mobile Freedom from CompUSA due to its advertised wind handling feather. Well, it handled wind noise rather well and sounded ok. The bad though was the length of time to transfer versus the Motorola. In addition, it was painful to wear after an hour or so - both ears done hurt real bad. In addition, and this was the really bad feature - it turned itself off after an hour or so of no activity! Sometimes it would let me turn itself back on, but there was the occasion when I had to pair it again.

Bottom line - not a good choice. My wife though has purchased the Logitech Mobile Pro and I'll play with it when it gets in.

When the local Radio Shack gets its next shipment, I will be testing a Motorola HS850. I am amazed that the Shack carries a larger line than CompUSA.

Ben
    Last edited by bclinger; 05/29/2005 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Wanna add more
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    This thread? Have you done any searching at all? There are dozens of threads in TreoCentral about headsets. In fact, that's one of the things I did when making my last heaset choice... took a temperature from all the headset comments I could find already out there.

This thread is focused more on logitech and its major advantage.Also that 's the headset in question.
    I know there are lot of threads on headset .
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I can answser how the Logitech Mobile Freedom compares...

I purchased a Motorola HS820 as my first headset. It paired just great, answered really fast, got a full day of use from it, and it never shut itself down.

Bad - did not handle wind noise that well and only one day of use from the battery.

I then purchased the Logitech Mobile Freedom from CompUSA due to its advertised wind handling feather. Well, it handled wind noise rather well and sounded ok. The bad though was the length of time to transfer versus the Motorola. In addition, it was painful to wear after an hour or so - both ears done hurt real bad. In addition, and this was the really bad feature - it turned itself off after an hour or so of no activity! Sometimes it would let me turn itself back on, but there was the occasion when I had to pair it again.

Bottom line - not a good choice. My wife though has purchased the Logitech Mobile Pro and I'll play with it when it gets in.

When the local Radio Shack gets its next shipment, I will be testing a Motorola HS850. I am amazed that the Shack carries a larger line than CompUSA.

Ben
    i will be anxiously waiting your call on the logitech pro...i can get one for a good price of 89CAD (plus 15% tax) whereas the MSRP is 140CAD.
    So if you say its dah bomb i may go with it...and of course it will shut down all my problems of which headset to get

the HS850
    HBH-662
    or that one
    How do you like the HS850?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    How do you like the HS850?
    talking to me?

i dont have one...all i have is a HS850...i mean if i wanted too...i could get all three but i mean i dont wann ahave to give myself a heart attack trying to sell them
    OK, I have both the HBH300 and the Logitech Mobile Pro. I bought the latter after I "lost" my 300 in some pants pocket at the bottom of my closet. By the time I fond the 300 I was past the return period on the Logitech.

With respect to the opening statement: I agree, at least for some people a boom IS necessary. I have tried about 20 wired and wireless headsets and left voicemails for myself at work. It must have something to do with physiology and/voice qualities, but at least for me, no boom, no reliable outbound trnasmission.

The Sony inbond volume was too low for me in the car and was only acceptable under quiet conditions. I added the Jabra eargelsto it and the total quality was great. Only downside was outbound calls did not automatically transfer to the headset, I have to push the connect button for outbound just like answering an inbound. The downside to gels is that if you want to listen to your car radio and keep the headset on as a standby one ear is essentially "stuffed".

The Logitech Moile Pro quality is every bit as good as the Sony. The advantages over the Sony is that no eargels are required so you can listen to the radio more comfortably and outbound calls automatically transfer to the headset. The boom rotates easily and I can't imagine how you break it by turning it the wrong way unless you are a two year old or are drunk, it just rotates naturally and stops if you go the wrong way.

It's to explain how the frame fits around your ear but suffice it to say it's very easy to fit on and it holds "pretty nicely". I think TreoCentral did a review a few weeks back and the reviewer is more articulate than I am. Adjusting the boom to optimal position near the mouth is best done in the rear view mirror.

The other cool thing about the ear spring/clip is that this headset can be easily stored by cliping it to your sun visor. Think of of it as a contoured, flexible clothes pin. Just squeeze to open, release to gently lock down.

I guess the real answer from me is tha I use the Logitech for most calls which more often then not are in a car. I stuff the Sony in my briefcase for secondary use.
    that's what we needed! now I want to try one!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    It does sound from all the chatter that the Logitech Mobile Pro is a good way to go. Unless I hear something better; I think that this is the way I'm going.
    Hey thanks everyone....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I am a happy user of the Logitech Mobile Pro. I used to use the Treo Wireless Headset and I am glad that I upgraded. I am trying to figure out what to do with the TWH - I bought Jabra clear Eargels as well. I guess if anyone is interested, I would sell it at a very fair price with the eargels. If not, I'll keep the TWH as a backup.
    Yea i feel like SerialCellBuyer... I just recently ordered the Logitech Mobile Pro on yesterday from TreoCentral because of all the comments i've read about being able to hear while in noisy environments and in the car w/ windows down.

I currently just received the Sony 662 and i love it!!! However, it just isn't loud enough while in my car w/ my radio on and windows down. I have to sacrifice one or the other. So that's why i'm getting the Logitech Pro. However, while i'm at work or around in the house or even at the mall or something i'll carry the 662 with me. Logitech Pro will strictly be used for the car! Not unless it's superb and i may have to carry it all time w/ me but i doubt it'll be that much better than the Sony.
    i got my replacement TWH, and its good; im still amazed by the fact that its soooooo small. I have been heavily interested in the Logitech Pro, yet i have yet to act on it. Its the size which is holding me back, which is such a stupid reason.

http://www.geek.com/hwswrev/hardware...btheadset3.jpg
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    hey thats a good pic of it in use.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    i know i've seen this linked here before, but here it is again..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/markham...ile_pro_on.jpg
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    By the way I got the Logitech Mobile Freedom in the mail yesterday. Its actually for my wife so I haven't had much time with it yet. But I used it around the house yesterday and it performed better than the TWH (the only other bluetooth headset i've used). I have a wireless network in my home, so I expect static with the bt headset, but there was noticeably less static with the LMF compared to the TWH and I could walk farther away from the Treo 650 than I could with the TWH. The TWH does feel nice and light on the ear compared to the LMF though. At first I was trying to really work the LMF onto my ear thinking it wasn't secure enough (which made my ear uncomfortable). But I found that if I just slip it on quickly and don't mess with it much other than adjusting the boom into the proper position it feels fine/comfortable and secure on my head.. just as secure as the TWH if I move my head side to side and slightly tilted. It's nice to hear the beeps when connecting and disconnecting a call as well.. the TWH does not beep when connecting or disconnecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    By the way I got the Logitech Mobile Freedom in the mail yesterday. Its actually for my wife so I haven't had much time with it yet. But I used it around the house yesterday and it performed better than the TWH (the only other bluetooth headset i've used). I have a wireless network in my home, so I expect static with the bt headset, but there was noticeably less static with the LMF compared to the TWH and I could walk farther away from the Treo 650 than I could with the TWH. The TWH does feel nice and light on the ear compared to the LMF though. At first I was trying to really work the LMF onto my ear thinking it wasn't secure enough (which made my ear uncomfortable). But I found that if I just slip it on quickly and don't mess with it much other than adjusting the boom into the proper position it feels fine/comfortable and secure on my head.. just as secure as the TWH if I move my head side to side and slightly tilted. It's nice to hear the beeps when connecting and disconnecting a call as well.. the TWH does not beep when connecting or disconnecting.

Give us some more info on the LMF as I am specifically considering the LOGITECH, mainly the negatives I want to ask you about is
    1. The Volume of the speaker, (volume of other persons voice in your ear) in a regular and noisy environment.
    2. The Time it takes to connect.

I have a Treo Wireless Headset, I like to press the button to answer the call, i dont like automatic call answering, but once i do press the button on the LMF how long does it take to pickup the call?

Thanks in advance

Ron
    It seems like the consensus choice is the Logitech Mobile Pro (as opposed to the LMF). I do like a boom and a loud earpiece. My only question is one of compatibility. I have the Moto HS850 and it is great except that it is not on the primary compatibiilty list and as a result there are certain things that it won't do automatically (like turn on for an outgoing call). I am retiring or selling the HS850 to get a compatible one. I don't see the logitech Pro on the compatibility list. THe LMF is on teh list but it is on the not fully compatible portion (supports Headset profile but not handsfree) . Here is the VZW list that I am looking at:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(39918)#1

Can you tell me is the Logitech Mobile Pro FULLY compatible? In other words does it support the Headset profile and the handsfree profile?

Thanks,

Dave
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast