Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I read it on GPS Passion's forum here. Unfortunatly we're all going to have to wait a little longer

-Bigbot
    I'm disappointed in TomTom. They led me (and many others) to buy in April based on the free map upgrade for products bought within 60 days of release of a newer version. At the time, they said Navigator 5 would be out in May. Now, by pushing back the date, I will have to pay for the upgrade of the maps.
    Last edited by Katway; 05/24/2005 at 08:29 PM.
    Yes, I'm in the same situation. Has anyone tried writing them to get an exclusion?
    Did TomTom state somewhere that the purchase within 60 days will be upgraded for free of charge?

I have an order in for the current version, and am waiting for it to ship. The price is about $50 below the expected price of the new one. If TomTom will upgrade for free, there is no reason to wait IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    I'm disappointed in TomTom. They led me (and many others) to buy in April based on the free map upgrade for products bought within 60 days of release of a newer version. At the time, they said Navigator 5 would be out in May. Now, by pushing back the date, I will have to pay for the upgrade of the maps.

I too will now have to pay for the upgrade if they don't extend the free upgrade window.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I have an order in for the current version, and am waiting for it to ship. The price is about $50 below the expected price of the new one. If TomTom will upgrade for free, there is no reason to wait IMHO.
    Not of you're buying the whole kit, because the new version also has a better receiver.
    Just want to move this up so we can be ready for discussion about the update. Anyone know of a different date now vs. the 6/18 cited here? Making it available on a Saturday seems kind of wierd.
    Am I missing something --- I only see content for Europe on the tomtom.com website -- or is there a yet unreleased (along with v5) USA package?
    Quote Originally Posted by rizwankassim
    Am I missing something --- I only see content for Europe on the tomtom.com website -- or is there a yet unreleased (along with v5) USA package?
    See
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...103&Language=4

and

http://www.tomtom.com/products/secti...=34&Language=4
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    Not of you're buying the whole kit, because the new version also has a better receiver.
    Better in what ways?
    Quote Originally Posted by JigSawMan
    Better in what ways?
    It's smaller, has greater sensitivity/accuracy (SiRF Star III chipset), and a longer lasting battery charge. In other words, it's better in every way.

See the spec sheet at the bottom of this page.... http://www.tomtom.com/products/secti...=71&Language=4
    ***FYI***

Question to TOMTOM customer service:

Many months ago the target US release date of Navigator 5, as told to me by TomTom customer service, was May 15, 2005. Obviously, that has come and gone and I was wondering if there was a new target release date?

Response from TomTom customer service:

16/06/2005 12.18 AM
    Dear Mr xxxx,

We are looking to release a map update at the end of June. Once Navigator 5 is released you will receive an e-mail notifying you of the update. Generally if one has purchased the software and activated it within the 90 day time frame of the new software being released, the update is free. If you are outside the 90 day window, the update is $49.00 plus shipping and handling.

If you are looking to purchase the entire package of Navigator 5, this will be available at the end of the month of June as well. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

TomTom USA Customer Service