1.    #1  
    Newbie on the Treo, and lovin' it! Got a quick question:

I'm talking to caller #1, and caller #2 calls in. I swap to caller #2 and talk for a minute, and then caller #2 hangs up and I switch back to caller #1. When I do, caller #2 still shows up on my screen as being on hold. So I swap from caller #1 to caller #2, and all I hear is dialtone for about 5 seconds, then silence. I switch back to caller#1, and caller #2 is still on hold. The only way to get rid of caller #2 is to "hang up all", then call caller #1 back.

Is there a way I can keep this from happeing every time someone calls me while talking to someone else?? Is there a special button to hit to disconnect caller #2 to get back to caller #1 and not have caller #2 on hold?????

Hope this was clear, and hope someone has the answer.

Thanks!!!

Ken
    AMEN!!! Same question
    This is one that i have yet to figure out myself..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, from what I just read in the manual, it says that you can hit the "hang up all" button when switching, and it will redial caller #1 without loosing anything. I'll have to try this tomorrow.

Ken
    Folks,

This functionality was built for GSM phones where this is all handled well and supported. Then P1 dumbed it down to work with CDMA phones. If you are on a CDMA handset, this will never work quite right because the Treo never knows if the second person hung up.

Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Folks,

This functionality was built for GSM phones where this is all handled well and supported. Then P1 dumbed it down to work with CDMA phones. If you are on a CDMA handset, this will never work quite right because the Treo never knows if the second person hung up.

Glenn
    I have the same prob with my 650! Never did it with my 600 so that blows that theory..

For an added twist to this little BUG.. If I do manage to swap the call back the person can BARELY hear me.. I just usually SCREAM I"LL CALL BACK!
    Hang it all up and start over.. Really Annoying as hell! Makes the call waiting feature USELESS!
    I have the same problem with my 650 (Sprint). Never had the issue with my 600 Cingular. There was an extra button that would pop up when two calls were connect (if I remember correctly). But the 650 doesn't have that option...??
    Sadly... I always had this same problem with my 600. *shrug* I was hoping my new 650 would be a bit smarter about it. I also can't find a good way to end a 3-way conference call without using Hang-Up-All...
    Yep-- I talked to the PCS handset support dept. on this one. It sucks..

Note these quirks:

- If either caller hangs up, they will always show as still connected on the screen.
    - After either caller hangs up, and another call comes in, you can switch to that caller.
    - In a 3-way call, you cannot hang up on either caller individually.
    - In a 3-Way call, you cannot switch to the original caller until the caller picks up on the second call
    - In a 3-Way, once one caller hangs up, you can add another call by dialing the number and pressing the green phone button.

I still LONG for the day when all you had to do is enter a number and press SEND on the phone to add a caller to the 3-way. Pressing SEND again hung up on the 3rd party, and you could immediately call someone else and begin another 3-way call. Also, being able to switch over before the caller answered, that was nice. Oh, but that was on Cingular's network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Folks,

Glenn
    Ah, thanks for posting that. I would have felt silly posting my unlocked GSM did these this reasonably well...
    This is inexcusable. I called Verizon (demanded to speak with a supervisor, etc., etc.) and they were just as surprised as me about this. The super even told me that they tested it on their phone with the same results: the only way to make certain that the second call has been disconnected is to press "hang up all". Sometimes, after a long delay, the first call will come back...other times it just hangs up all! Inexcusable. The Verizon rep told me that I should wait for a firmware update to fix this. Yeah, I'm holding my breath. I love the Treo, but there are many quirks like this that make me hate it sometimes too.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    here is another major WTF flaw..... when you are on a call, and a call comes in that you either don't answer or "ignore", you can no longer initiate a 3 way call unless you hang up and start over. The phone will actually tell you that you received a call you did not answer, and you must hang up before you can proceed with a 3 way call. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    I still LONG for the day when all you had to do is enter a number and press SEND on the phone to add a caller to the 3-way. Pressing SEND again hung up on the 3rd party, and you could immediately call someone else and begin another 3-way call. Also, being able to switch over before the caller answered, that was nice. Oh, but that was on Cingular's network.
    It wasnt just on Cingular's network. This feature has worked on every Sprint phone I've had til I got a Treo 600; so I was surprised to see the same thing on the 650. One would have thought they would have fixed this by now.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I have the same prob with my 650! Never did it with my 600 so that blows that theory..

For an added twist to this little BUG.. If I do manage to swap the call back the person can BARELY hear me.. I just usually SCREAM I"LL CALL BACK!
    Hang it all up and start over.. Really Annoying as hell! Makes the call waiting feature USELESS!
    The topic of 3-way calls and being on two separate calls at the same time often get mixed together when someone posts about one or the other.

For swapped calls (one on hold, talking to the other), you can hang up on one caller and remain connected to the second. HOWEVER, it takes a little patience. When you are on the line you want to hang up from, just hit the hang-up button (keyboard or screen) wait several seconds and your phone will ring back at you - when you answer, your caller will be there patiently, hopefully, waiting for you to return.

For conference calls originated by you, there is no way for you to hang up on one caller and stay on with the other caller.

My phone is SPRINT so don't know about Verizon. I believe GSM phones have always done this seamlessly
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    The topic of 3-way calls and being on two separate calls at the same time often get mixed together when someone posts about one or the other.

For swapped calls (one on hold, talking to the other), you can hang up on one caller and remain connected to the second. HOWEVER, it takes a little patience. When you are on the line you want to hang up from, just hit the hang-up button (keyboard or screen) wait several seconds and your phone will ring back at you - when you answer, your caller will be there patiently, hopefully, waiting for you to return.

For conference calls originated by you, there is no way for you to hang up on one caller and stay on with the other caller.

My phone is SPRINT so don't know about Verizon. I believe GSM phones have always done this seamlessly
    Sure hope that works for my 650 on VZW. I get the same problem when swapping and trying to hang up on one to go back to the other.

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!