Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My old crappy Toshiba phone showed the NAMES of the people I was sending a text message to - while my Treo shows a name on the pick list, it's easy to pick the WRONG PERSON and then the list flips to numbers. This incredibly stupid, what is the workaround? I cant find any fix in preferences
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    it's easy to pick the WRONG PERSON and then the list flips to numbers
    I'm sorry you sent a message to the wrong person

However, when I pick a person from the contacts list, even though the "to" line switches to the number, right above it in very BOLD type is the person's name. Are you not seeing this?

Danita
    www.caledonia.net
    Ouch! LOL that sucks. I could see myself doing that

At least if you dial the wrong person you immediately know when you hear their voice , before u say something stupid
    Heinrich,

Could you give us a little more detail about who the message went to and what it said??? It is essential for us to know if we are to deterine a workaround

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #5  
    I sent a message that said "NASCAR is for dumb white guys" to the wrong Smith, who happened to be a person at work who loves NASCAR and is above me at my company. For what it's worth, for proper context, I am white myself and it was a joke around a table of folks as we were drinking beer to a black friend of mine....the individual I sent it to was not there as we don't hang out after work.

I just tested it again. I hit "lookup in contacts" and for the second person and every person THEREAFTER there is only the number listed. Yes, you see the name in the lookup view but when you flip back to the compose screen on the messaging app, you only see the number. IF you send a message to 1 person and only 1 person you do see the name. I think this is a bad bug.
    LOL that is funny. I once sent a message to my wife saying "my wife sucks in bed, that's why I'm sleeping with you" ... DOH!
    Last edited by treoneo; 05/24/2005 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    LOL that is funny. I once sent a message to my wife saying, my wife sucks in bed, that's why I'm sleeping with you... DOH ;-)
    Now thats funny...I might have to try that one myself.
    Lmao I have nightmares about this all the time..
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    We've all been there, let me tell you. I'm glad I ain't the only one, once I was tryin' to text my buddy really fast & told him " I can't go out drinking today, I have to take this b*tch shopping!" meaning the wife. Guess what? I sent it to her phone! Damm, when I heard her phone alert go on, I felt so stupid......I had so much a** kissing to do.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz
    I'm sorry you sent a message to the wrong person

However, when I pick a person from the contacts list, even though the "to" line switches to the number, right above it in very BOLD type is the person's name. Are you not seeing this?

Danita
    www.caledonia.net

WOW! It's Danita! Glad to see you've got a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    I sent a message that said "NASCAR is for dumb white guys" to the wrong Smith, who happened to be a person at work who loves NASCAR and is above me at my company. For what it's worth, for proper context, I am white myself and it was a joke around a table of folks as we were drinking beer to a black friend of mine....the individual I sent it to was not there as we don't hang out after work.

I just tested it again. I hit "lookup in contacts" and for the second person and every person THEREAFTER there is only the number listed. Yes, you see the name in the lookup view but when you flip back to the compose screen on the messaging app, you only see the number. IF you send a message to 1 person and only 1 person you do see the name. I think this is a bad bug.
    You learned a very good lesson... might as well get that resume polished! Now you are a racist. (not kidding... even if you are not, the label is there now.)

The treo... I have not noticed the problem... I do a search and the names come up... even on all of my family I do not have a problem with picking out who to send a message... maybe you should change your method of delivery... esp after drinking, with your black friends (like that really mattered to mention). You have issues.
    theog get a grip man & come back down to reality off your soap box. maybe you need to git Layyyyyy...... d. or maybe you are lonely & jealous because you have no one to send a text message to except... your right hand. hahahahhhaaaa :-|.
    I happen to agree with your nascar position...who's with me????
    I am not with you. Everyweek I use the race to get the perfect nap. Watch ten laps, fall asleep and wake up for the last five laps when the anouncer raises his voice. I suppose an alarm clock would do the same however.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    **Raises Hand**
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Left turn left turn left turn... do you think those nascar guys freak out when there out driving normal cars... i would think when they have to take a right hand turn they freak out and have to get instructions on how to do it..
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    We've all been there, let me tell you. I'm glad I ain't the only one, once I was tryin' to text my buddy really fast & told him " I can't go out drinking today, I have to take this b*tch shopping!" meaning the wife. Guess what? I sent it to her phone! Damm, when I heard her phone alert go on, I felt so stupid......I had so much a** kissing to do.
    What makes you think she doesn't read Treocentral to keep track of your sorry a** as well?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I'm definitely with you. Worst..."sport"...ever.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    LOL that is funny. I once sent a message to my wife saying "my wife sucks in bed, that's why I'm sleeping with you" ... DOH!
    dont worry you will always have a place in Ottawa to stay, just dont forget your dog-sled
    I like most racing events (F1, track and field) but the appeal of NASCAR has long eluded me. At a minimum they should make a "game time decision" as to whether the racers will be running clockwise or counterclockwise and also forward or in reverse. It wouldn't make for a better race, but at least there would be a moment of suspense.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast