Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Bullies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    1) Absolutely NONE of these screenshots show the problem with this APP. They do not illustrate the problem that I have verbally described in this thread numerous times. If I have the time to figure out which app to load and take a screenshot I will. (I've learned from this thread not to ask for help in this area from this bunch.) Several of you have provided verbal descriptions and analogies that do not match. While I am reading the manual and the documentation - you (plural) are not reading my messages or taking the time to digest them. This community is definitely not making the list of communities that provides good, positive help and advice to users.

2) I'm a little bored with defending myself and what I did. All these claims that I have ranted and raved and that I am blaming the phone are completely erroneous. I have accepted blame. I have stated repeatedly that the purpose of this thread was to warn others about a flaw in the user interface that could lead to a very embarrassing mistake. I have stated repeatedly that I was looking for advice for a replacement app that has a better user interface. I have stated repeatedly that I was expecting a positive discourse about the above.

3) None of the above numerous messages address any of my concerns. The screenshots taken do not illustrate what I have verbally illustrated numerous times. The descriptions of how the app works that several have typed do not match what I have described several times as a weakness in the user interface of this application.

I think that the complaint about "reading the manual" or whatever needs to be turned inward. The users of this forum are not reading my messages, are not helping, are only criticizing based on misreads, incomplete reads, or flat-out denial. This thread is reminding me of one of those threads I discovered on Gamespot about the Nintendo DS vs the Sony PSP. I was entertained for about 10 minutes and that was it.

Please, continue to talk about X when I talk about Y and continue to pat yourselves on the back - this must be of some entertainmment for you as you (plural) have completely twisted what I have said and have not listened to any of it.

I am far more disappointed in the users of this forum than I am in the device itself. Please continue to entertain yourselves as a bunch of fraternity boys picking on someone in high school - I really dont care and I doubt that I will return.
    Wow what an artard...well then you have a great time here at treocentral and as the trumpet man said, dont let the door hit you on the way out
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You mean when William Shatner saw that hairy creature on the wing...it wasn't real??

O' the humanity!
    That WAS real compared to this thread. By the way, did you know that hairy creature?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    By the way, did you know that hairy creature?
    Sadly yes...a member of the family. We don't talk of him.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    dont let the door hit you on the way out
    But if you do let the door hit you on your way out, keep in mind that doesn't mean the door has a design flaw.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    But if you do let the door hit you on your way out, keep in mind that doesn't mean the door has a design flaw.
    can i mount a spike on the door
    Don't forget to RTFM !
    I'd like to say that this entire thread has been very entertaining, however, I click on the [Ignore] button and evidently it did not generate a dialog box confirming my selected [ignore] users, so you all have been ignored.

My old crappy 80386 computer running RH 5.2 w/Lynx showed the NAMES of the people I was ignoring - while my 80686 Win32/Opera 8.0 shows a name on the pick list, it's easy to pick the WRONG PERSON and then the list flips to database UIDs. This incredibly stupid, what is the workaround? I cant find any fix in preferences

Fix this for me, because, I asked you to. And don't tell me it's a user error because it's not. This is obviously a gross programming UI flaw and it's now your problem to fix it for me.

--kthx. [Commander Asshat]
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i wish i was married
    If it's to the "right person, it is bliss - 15 years and counting!
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    ... the right is on my mouse!
    T M I !!!!!!

btw, doesn't that cause blindness?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    T M I !!!!!!

btw, doesn't that cause blindness?
    i can switch hit..
    Quote Originally Posted by muab
    I am trying to figure out who to side with...on the one hand the sort of problem we are discussing sounds like something I would do. Blaming someone else is most certainly what I would do.
    On the other hand, Insertion seems to be winning the verbal sparring match, but he has a monkey...er...orangutan...for his avatar.
    Still, he dissed Nascar, that counts for monster points with me. Perhaps the silliest sport in America is Nascar. It is also the most popular spectator sport in America, which doesn't bode well for the Republic...
    Yeah, I guess I side with Insertion.

What do you mean you don't want me on your side?!

It's dodgeball all over again!
    dude - you're having waaayyy too long of a converation with yourself.....
  13.    #93  
    OK I've done the screenshots.

#1 shows name.
    When adding #2 and #3 names are gone. Yes, names are on selection dialog however the list reverts to a bunch of numbers.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26.../ElmerFudd.bmp
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26.../BugsBunny.bmp
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...osimeteSam.bmp

Despite high-school type peer pressure, the personal insults, distortions, exaggerations, false statements, arrogance, and condescension, I stand by the original intent of this thread, that the user interface for this app could be improved, and that the format of this screen is both inconvenient and lends itself to the possibility of error above and beyond any of the other half-dozen or so phones that I have sent text messages with to multiple users.

Despite the exaggerations, the misstatements, the incorrect readings, the stupid comparisons that show a lack of reading ability I do notice that there are over 3,000 views on this thread. I would like to think that there are those too intimidated by the schoolgirl type mentality of many in this thread that are reading. The mentality of this group is akin to a group of high school girls who spot a haircut that is not liked and giggle in the corner and pat each other on the back as insults are tossed.

To the moderators: This forum unfortunately is not safe for the average user. This forum is overrun by condescending, arrogant and boring people that are a dime a dozen anywhere on the internet. However, since this particular web site is also a business and a store selling products for profit, these individuals are costing this web site money. Cingular has just entered Virginia, and three or four of my coworkers have bought these Treo 650s in addition to myself. Thanks to the schoolgirl mentality of many on this forum, I have spread the word that this forum is not safe and to go elsewhere. I believe that the old addage of bad news spreading via word of mouth very quickly and in multiples of 10 is true. These individuals may be enjoying themselves and patting themselves on the back like giggling schoolgirls but they are costing you dollars starting yesterday.
    Are you sure your name is not Heimlich? Because the way you keep putting your foot in your mouth, you gotta be choking big time.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    And hopefully, that first number isn't really Dianna Rodriguez of Hereford, TX. If so, she's probably pretty pissed that you posted her number for all to see.

To the moderators: This forum unfortunately is not safe for the average user. This forum is overrun by condescending, arrogant and boring people that are a dime a dozen anywhere on the internet. However, since this particular web site is also a business and a store selling products for profit, these individuals are costing this web site money. Cingular has just entered Virginia, and three or four of my coworkers have bought these Treo 650s in addition to myself. Thanks to the schoolgirl mentality of many on this forum, I have spread the word that this forum is not safe and to go elsewhere. I believe that the old addage of bad news spreading via word of mouth very quickly and in multiples of 10 is true. These individuals may be enjoying themselves and patting themselves on the back like giggling schoolgirls but they are costing you dollars starting yesterday.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/About/tos.htm

Pay special attention to the words in all caps.
    are you prejudice against school girls?

also, I was under the impression that you were not going to return. This school girl is glad you're back.

Also is it three co-workers or four? Also do the said co-workers like NASCAR or is it just your boss that's white trash?

What is white trash?

Did school girls giggle at your haircut in high school? Is that why you hate school girls? I teach many schools girls and i think their feelings would be hurt by your harsh comments toward them. Hopefully you did not text them your feelings due to palmone's lack of foresight.
    Well I guess he couldn't find the door Welcome back....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Well I guess he couldn't find the door Welcome back....
    Once again...user error.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    I sent a message that said "NASCAR is for dumb white guys" to the wrong Smith...
    "I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith...."
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast