Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Things like this are why I'm glad I'm not married.
    See, there's a whole different set of reasons most of us are glad you're not married.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Man I hate NASCAR...I mean some of the tracks are so small, i swear even at the beginning of the race the lead car bunched up with the rest of the field can be all the way on the last car, who is still bunched with the field..

The only kind i like is F1...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I'm over-weight and out of shape, but I can drive fast and turn left. If I can do it, at my age, it is not a sport. I have in-laws who are so into it I can't be around them when its on.
    I drive fast and turn left every day, in traffic too, that doesn't make me a professional athlete, does it?

I turn right too, that must mean I'm a better driver than those NASCAR guys. And I can go both forwards and backwards. And I can stop the car without running it into something first.
    I'm back!
    ^im brown and love the arctic and my moms last name takes up an entire caller id screen...can i be in nascar...i swear ill learn to eat racoon

heheh i'll be good
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^im brown and love the arctic and my moms last name takes up an entire caller id screen...can i be in nascar...i swear ill learn to eat racoon

heheh i'll be good
    Only if you took yer sister to prom.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    ^but i aint got no sister..i have a brother...but dem klans people dont like dem funny men
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    The app is non-standard
    There's a standard?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Well I searched for a name I have never sent a SMS to and selected it and yes the number was in the blank, but I also got the contact name (along with the M denoting it was for a mobile) in BIG @SS BOLD LETTERS at the top of the screen (just above the number). It was a screw up because you didn't read the name, just because you are used to more ***** proof software doesn't mean this is bad. I mean what do you want a box that says "you are about to send this message, are you sure?". If so then how many times should it ask? I mean they told you once in bold letters, will confirming only once have a different effect or should the software developers put in a check for the check so you don't get a little tipsy and start disparaging races/sports indiscriminately (or discriminately, I'm not sure which here)??

If you send to multiple contacts then I might understand (the name changes to “2 Recipients” and you cannot expand the list), but in this instance I thought you only mentioned sending this to one person.

Oh and about the actual content of the message, I don't think it was bad at all. If I accidentally sent that to the highest ranking person here and it was a joke (especially a tame one like this), tell them the joke and get over it, don't blame the phone and want it to hold your hand. Sorry for being a bit callous, but it shows the name just in a different format than you expected. Good luck.
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    theog get a grip man & come back down to reality off your soap box. maybe you need to git Layyyyyy...... d. or maybe you are lonely & jealous because you have no one to send a text message to except... your right hand. hahahahhhaaaa :-|.
    It is the left hand... not the right... the right is on my mouse!

I see you must be left handed?
    I just tried this on my 650 and in the look up in contacts screen, i get the person's name with their available 'send-to' number or email address. no problem picking the RIGHT person for my SMS messages.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Re: NASCAR... it's getting better. Many guys who excel now come from USAC open-wheel racing in the North (J. Gordon, Stewart, Newman, Kahne, even Leffler and Bliss...). I'm from Indy (yeah, where they run the "500" )), and I still pull for those guys when I manage to take in a race. Whether you like it or not as a form of entertainment, NASCAR is an extremely competitive form of motorsport and it takes a lot of talent to perform consistently well there, stereotypes aside.

Todd/Indy
    touche’ TheoG. glad 2 see you have a healthy sense of humor! anyway I alternate hands so as to not grow one arm bigger than other... :-D
  13.    #53  
    I sent the message to SEVERAL people. One was wrong. The main SMS screen does not SHOW NAMES it SHOWS NUMBERS. What if the prompt says "ARE YOU SURE" and you are not sure? You have to abort and start all over again.

Get off the BLAME thing. I'll state it again, as I have stated numerous times (along with the description of sending the messsage to NUMEROUS PEOPLE) I MADE THE MISTAKE. If I was THIS PISSED OFF I would have returned the phone for a refund as I have until tomorrow.

Instead, I thought I would come here and share my experience in an effort to warn others that the APP IS CLUMSY and when sending MULTIPLE messages you're not given an easy way to verify WITHOUT ABORTING AND STARTING OVER. From this discussion I hope to have saved others of you embarrassment. I was also looking for suggestions for a replacement app and suggestions for the best way to make a suggestion for improvement to PalmOne.

I will admit another MISTAKE so read clearly: I am mistaken in thinking that I can go to a group of "super-users" who are ultimately internet strangers and having a positive discourse about a concern of mine. I should have known, after participating in these forums for 20 years across the internet, that most of these discussions do degenerate into condescension and personal insults. I had thought that this forum was one of those safe-havens of communities where such discussions can be had, I can see that I now need to move on to a different forum and participate in this one only casually.
    ^but i aint got no sister..i have a brother...but dem klans people dont like dem funny men
    Do they even ALLOW NASCAR in Canada?!
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    Do they even ALLOW NASCAR in Canada?!
    nope we have real racing...F1 (in Montreal), and the same in Constantinople...dah Istanbul...dah I give up
    Get off the BLAME thing. I'll state it again, as I have stated numerous times (along with the description of sending the messsage to NUMEROUS PEOPLE) I MADE THE MISTAKE. If I was THIS PISSED OFF I would have returned the phone for a refund as I have until tomorrow.

Instead, I thought I would come here and share my experience in an effort to warn others that the APP IS CLUMSY and when sending MULTIPLE messages you're not given an easy way to verify WITHOUT ABORTING AND STARTING OVER.
    No. The app is fine. The USER was clumsy. Once again, YOU pick the names from Contacts. The software doesn't pick it. When you're paying cash for something, do you look and make sure you handing someone a twenty, or do you just assume that's what you're giving them? Do you check your change as it's being handed, or do you just assume that is correct?

I will admit another MISTAKE so read clearly: I am mistaken in thinking that I can go to a group of "super-users" who are ultimately internet strangers and having a positive discourse about a concern of mine. I should have known, after participating in these forums for 20 years across the internet, that most of these discussions do degenerate into condescension and personal insults. I had thought that this forum was one of those safe-havens of communities where such discussions can be had, I can see that I now need to move on to a different forum and participate in this one only casually.
    Well, if you must flee away to another forum, fine. But make sure when you click your bookmark that you're going to MTDN (or wherever it may be) instead of Treo Central. It won't ask if you're sure you want to go there. When you click the bookmark, it'll just take you there...maybe you might want to inform MS, or Firefox about the flaw in their software...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    nope we have real racing...F1 (in Montreal), and the same in Constantinople...dah Istanbul...dah I give up
    I thought real racing to you guys is strapping a dozen dogs to a sled. No??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I sent the message to SEVERAL people. One was wrong. The main SMS screen does not SHOW NAMES it SHOWS NUMBERS. What if the prompt says "ARE YOU SURE" and you are not sure? You have to abort and start all over again.

Instead, I thought I would come here and share my experience in an effort to warn others that the APP IS CLUMSY and when sending MULTIPLE messages you're not given an easy way to verify WITHOUT ABORTING AND STARTING OVER. From this discussion I hope to have saved others of you embarrassment. I was also looking for suggestions for a replacement app and suggestions for the best way to make a suggestion for improvement to PalmOne.

As usual I am confused....please take a look at these screenshots...on the "main" treo 650 SMS screen it shows names and numbers...except when you do a multiple person sms...but its your duty to review everything before hand..cause i mean without doing so...is well just carelessness
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I thought real racing to you guys is strapping a dozen dogs to a sled. No??
    you must be getting consfused with the Iditarod up in Alaska (http://www.iditarod.com/trailinfo/racemileage.php?id=3) Although the inuits do use them as well in Yukon, NWT and Nunavut, oh yeah and Nothern quebec
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast