Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    You learned a very good lesson... might as well get that resume polished! Now you are a racist. (not kidding... even if you are not, the label is there now.)

The treo... I have not noticed the problem... I do a search and the names come up... even on all of my family I do not have a problem with picking out who to send a message... maybe you should change your method of delivery... esp after drinking, with your black friends (like that really mattered to mention). You have issues.
    When I do a search the names DO show up on the search screen. However, after you select the name, and you are back on the actual MESSAGING screen (not the search/lookup screen) do you see a list of names or numbers? If you only see numbers, and not names, the possibility of sending a txt message out to the wrong person is high.

I am on the 1.23 ROM
    dstrauss, you just had to remind me.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    When I do a search the names DO show up on the search screen. However, after you select the name, and you are back on the actual MESSAGING screen (not the search/lookup screen) do you see a list of names or numbers? If you only see numbers, and not names, the possibility of sending a txt message out to the wrong person is high.

I am on the 1.23 ROM
    since you not only searched the names, but selected them as well, I don't see what you're *****ing about.

The possibility of sending a text message to the wrong person is not high at all. Whether or not the name OR number shows on the messaging screen is irrelevant, since you picked them from Contacts in the first place.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    since you not only searched the names, but selected them as well, I don't see what you're *****ing about.

The possibility of sending a text message to the wrong person is not high at all. Whether or not the name OR number shows on the messaging screen is irrelevant, since you picked them from Contacts in the first place.

How much space separates one name from another? A tenth of an inch? It is quite possible to select the wrong name due to simple human error...as I discovered.

If you could see the name AFTER you select it, to double check it, would reduce significantly the possibility for error.
    Life as a NASCAR driver is waking up and thinking, "Guess I'll turn left today."
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Call me unforgiving if you will, but I'm missing something here. I send messages all the time and have not had this problem and I'm not that smart either.

It's just that from the send message screen, if you select the drop down arrow in the "To" field and then select "Look up in Contacts", the list displayed is by name with only email, mobile (M), and Other (O) phone numbers listed. I can search for a contact, but I cannot select by name, only by number or email. When I select a number , I still have to click OK.

About the only thing that can go wrong with this is if you highlight a number and click OK without really looking at the associated name or possibly mis-reading it. I can see a greater chance if you had both a Joe A. Smith and Joe O. Smith for example.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by v3treonut; 05/27/2005 at 10:33 AM.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    C I can see a greater chance if you had both a Joe A. Smith and Joe O. Smith for example.

Am I missing something?
    No, you just hit the nail on the head with a hammer.

My old phone would show the list of NAMES right before I hit "send to the world", not a string of numbers.
    No, you just hit the nail on the head with a hammer.

My old phone would show the list of NAMES right before I hit "send to the world", not a string of numbers.
    I think now I see your point. If you do have several similar names and your search brings back 2 or 3 listings, then I can see that happening. But you're right in that it would be nice if the returned selection displayed a name AND number. A name only might give you the same problem if they are very similar.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    My co-workers and I were talking about NASCAR the other day and we all pretty much determined only "white trashy" folks are fans of this "sport".

I thought about everyone I know that's into NASCAR, and our stereotype really did hold true.

...Just though I'd comment...
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    We've all been there, let me tell you. I'm glad I ain't the only one, once I was tryin' to text my buddy really fast & told him " I can't go out drinking today, I have to take this b*tch shopping!" meaning the wife. Guess what? I sent it to her phone! Damm, when I heard her phone alert go on, I felt so stupid......I had so much a** kissing to do.
    Things like this are why I'm glad I'm not married.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    But you have two phones, you could make it work!
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  12.    #32  
    Is there a replacement messaging app? I'm scared of using the built in one after this experience. Where do I make suggestions to PalmOne?
    My old crappy Toshiba phone showed the NAMES of the people I was sending a text message to - while my Treo shows a name on the pick list, it's easy to pick the WRONG PERSON and then the list flips to numbers. This incredibly stupid, what is the workaround? I cant find any fix in preferences
    Funny, blaming your phone and app for your mistake !

Palm please re-write app so I won't be screw up again....

This is choice
    Lady Treo, but when you do get hitched, make sure he's a Treoholic......too.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Funny, blaming your phone and app for your mistake !

Palm please re-write app so I won't be screw up again....

This is choice

The app is non-standard and sloppily written compared to other even super-cheap phones. That being said, using the word "blame" is one of those words used by people on Internet forum not interested in helping others with information but used by trolls to cast negativity towards other strangers. This type of discourse can be found on any more adolescent type forums - you may well have fun on any of the console gaming systems forums.

I am within my 30 day period, I could return the phone for a refund - I have many options, any mistakes past or present are mine.

I am interested in further improvements, software, and making design suggestions for improvements for a POSITIVE discourse for myself and my fellow users.

You obviously are not.
    The app is non-standard and sloppily written compared to other even super-cheap phones. That being said, using the word "blame" is one of those words used by people on Internet forum not interested in helping others with information but used by trolls to cast negativity towards other strangers. This type of discourse can be found on any more adolescent type forums - you may well have fun on any of the console gaming systems forums.

I am within my 30 day period, I could return the phone for a refund - I have many options, any mistakes past or present are mine.

I am interested in further improvements, software, and making design suggestions for improvements for a POSITIVE discourse for myself and my fellow users.

You obviously are not.
    Most Treo apps are non-standard.

Improved software is a blessing, yes. Everybody will help you if they can.

But you made the mistake, based on it's less than user-friendly menu structure.

I don't play video games.

Honestly officer, I didn't shoot him, it just went off, the trigger was designed improperly, not like my other guns.
    Should be "I mistakenly and sent the wrong message to the wrong person", dam crappy sms program.

Are there any good ones out there for the Treo ? Probably ?

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&keyword=SMS

Last edited by dlbrummels; 05/25/2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    i wish i was married
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'm definitely with you. Worst..."sport"...ever.
    I'm over-weight and out of shape, but I can drive fast and turn left. If I can do it, at my age, it is not a sport. I have in-laws who are so into it I can't be around them when its on.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i wish i was married
    I think taking off the oven mitts might help in that regard.
    Is there a replacement messaging app? I'm scared of using the built in one after this experience. Where do I make suggestions to PalmOne?
    At the end of the line that says "We don't give a f*&k!"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast