1.    #1  
    There are a few threads that discuss similar problems to what I am having, but none exactly so I decided to start a new thread.

I just got a new computer and loaded my Palm software onto there. I am now having problems synching my 650 to it. I have lots of new information on the 650 from the last month when my old computer wasn't working.

I can sync most things, except calendar, contacts and tasks. I read about and used dbscan which pulled two of my calender entries out and now calendar will sync.

Is there a similar tool for Contacts and Tasks? I'm not even worried about tasks or memos, my real concern is my contacts. What is the best way for me not to lose any information and be able to hotsync again?
  2.    #2  
    bump.
    having the same problem, someone out there with the answer?
    Yeah, my hotsync gets hung up on contacts now too! I'm going to try to fiddle with it and report back if I can somehow fix the stupid thing. Most likely the contact db has become currupted on the Treo. I need to figure out how to export the contacts db out of the treo b/c I haven't been able to update or sync the contacts db on my desktop for a while. After that, deleting the contacts db from the treo and restoring it from the desktop should work..hopefully that is...

I'll let ya'll know...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yeaa! Okay I got it to work!

Basically I was correct that the contacts database was corrupt as others have indicated. The only solution was to delete the contact db and then reinstall the contacts via the import on the Palm desktop. Below is the procedure I used to do this:

First of all my problem was that my contacts hadn't been properly synced in a while. Fortunately I found that there were only a handful on new contacts, so I just wrote those down. Another option is to copy the ContactsDB-Padd.dpb file from ram to the card for save keeping just in case. You can then copy that to your computer later if you want.

The first step is to export your contacts database of the PD. Goto the PD > contact >select all > under files goto export. This will export all your contacts to an *.aba file. You can try to import this file to a fake/temp username just to make sure you have exported the entire contacts database.

Go to your c:\program files\palmone\username\address folder and copy all the database files to a safe location just in case. Then need to goto to the PD and select all and delete all the contacts on your desktop. I don't think you should select the option of archiving the contacts files. Go back to c:\program files\palmone\username\address and delete all the files.

On the Treo, using fileZ or etc, delete the ContactsDP-Padd.db file. I first copied the file to the card before deleting just to be extra cautious if I need to restore it. Check that your contacts are empty.

You should now hotsync and the contacts should no longer freeze during synchronization. After the first successful hotsync, goto the PD and import the contacts.aba file that you exported earlier to your username, and then hotsync again (make sure contact is set to synchronize under the custom conduit settings). The contacts should transfer to the Treo now.

The above procedure worked for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions