1.    #1  
    I installed the Java in my Treo 650, but I can't run any *.jar file. What's wrong. Need I transform the jar to prc? What about the combatibility?
    Java on mobile devices is of the J2ME variety...not your standard JDK (1.4.2 or whatever) You would still recognize it as Java but the class lib has been optimized for limited capability devices.

If the .jar and .jad you are loading are of the J2ME variety you should be able to load the app over the air (OTA) via Blazer.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks the help. That means, the Java really is a "usefull" option for Treo.
    I haven't played with the lastest JVM from IBM yet but the PDA profile (allows access to Calendar and Contacts as well as the SD card) could be useful. There isn't alot of good Java software developed yet for mobiles...especially the Treo. Plus the JVM takes up lots (>1mb) space. I have it loaded but I really haven't benefited yet.
    hey i want to install java on my treo 650 also can some one help me please i like to run java apps, i found in a page www.sapio.es were they had developed a PUSH TO TALK TECHNOLOGY whit JAVA, hey can some tell me if thats posible????
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDrunk
    hey i want to install java on my treo 650 also can some one help me please i like to run java apps, i found in a page www.sapio.es were they had developed a PUSH TO TALK TECHNOLOGY whit JAVA, hey can some tell me if thats posible????
    It's possible...
    prophetx2 do you know anithing about it i installed and try to used it but nothing happend, can you tell me if anyone here in the forum were able to run this app
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakk
    I installed the Java in my Treo 650, but I can't run any *.jar file. What's wrong. Need I transform the jar to prc? What about the combatibility?
    gkaatz is right about OTA installation of jar/jad filetypes. However the IBM Dev toolkit does have a jartoprc convertor. Thus it is possible to convert the jar yourself fyi...

If you want, upload the jar you want to convert here and I'll see if I can post the convert prc!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions