Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am using BackupBuddy VFS 3.1 RC2 with no problems. I now make sure the the phone is turned off during the backup and restore.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #22  
    tomoore, did you have problems before you upgraded to 1.21/1.23?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've been trying to use backupman with a new verizon 650. I get resets in the middle of backing up. I've tried trashing the applic prefs file, and even saved and unsaved prefs, but it still happens. Backup is really essential for me, and I had no problems using this or cardbackup with the 600. Any other suggestions much appreciated!
  4.    #24  
    Well, here's something interesting: I upgraded to 1.23, and the problems restoring the two troubling files (using BackupMan) seem to have dissapeared. So there was something in the upgrade that made the memory compatible with BackupMan (rather than the other way around?)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    Well, here's something interesting: I upgraded to 1.23, and the problems restoring the two troubling files (using BackupMan) seem to have dissapeared. So there was something in the upgrade that made the memory compatible with BackupMan (rather than the other way around?)
    how do i know what version i have. what do you mean by upgrading to 1.23 what is this 1.23 i have a sprint treo 650 and am also having major problems restoring with backup man which makes me think it is not backing up at all.
    thanks
    also am i supposed to have two icons for back up man in my launcher, one that looks like it has a little card on top of it and one which is just the logo?
    thanks again
    with the radio off my phone definately does a reset on restore, i dont know why...could itg have something to do with bt dun?
    Treoguy1234,

Yes. The icon with the little card is the copy that is placed on your external SD card. If you lose all the data internal, the program can restore it from external.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I've been trying to use backupman with a new verizon 650. I get resets in the middle of backing up. I've tried trashing the applic prefs file, and even saved and unsaved prefs, but it still happens. Backup is really essential for me, and I had no problems using this or cardbackup with the 600. Any other suggestions much appreciated!
    I have the similar problem with my Sprint version. But mine seems to resets at the end of the backup. I've not tried to restore with the backup set, but it bothers me that it resets everyt time.

If anyone had a similar experience and able to pinpoint what the problem is, I would appreciate sharing that information.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I have been trying out, and just bought an awesome backup program which is not mentioned here. I think it is the only backup application which does verification of the data after you have backed it up! That way you can test out to make sure if your backup is current, and has all good data, without actually resetting your device! This, for me, is an indespensible feature. Also, the backup format is compressed, but it is an open format. It uses zip files to make the backups, so that way you could open the files on your PC if you wanted to.

On top of being a backup program, it is also a file explorer with built in zip browsing and unzipping capability. It works similar to Windows XP, where all the zip files show up like folders and can be interacted with just like folders. What is this great program you ask? It's called Resco Explorer.

http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/

No, I don't work for the company, I just discovered the program recently, and think that it rocks, so I figured I'd share! Anyone know of any other backup programs which also do verification of the backup to compare the files data between your files in RAM and the back up? You can even do verification at a later time, just so you can see which files have been modified on your palm, since the last backup!

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    i use backupman all the time.
    it has saved my bacon more than once.

never had one problem with it.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have backupman, it works fine...it wont restore voice signal's voicdial so i have the installer app on my SD card
    Same here, good idea w/ voicedial installer.
    I use latest ver of backupman on 1.12 firmware and have no issues at all...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14.    #34  
    Yes, when I first started this thread, it was using the old firmware (1.15 I think) on GSM. Seems to work better now, but I haven't "risked" a full restore yet. Any experiences out there (some pre-firmware-update experiences vs. post-firmware-update experiences)?
    pre-firmware worked great.
    i backed up one final time, then did the firmware update.
    post-firmware update, i selected "restore device" and everything was like pre-firmware.
    kept all my personal setting and preferences, etc...

love this app.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have backupman, it works fine...it wont restore voice signal's voicdial so i have the installer app on my SD card
    I do the same thing - and I keep my reg code on SplashID, so I'm back to fully operational in under two minutes...
    Okay, I have that 2.6 version of Backup Buddy VFS Personal and the company sent me a update link to 3.0 which I updated. Now I am in a trial period of 14 days to upgrade to the professional edition not knowing this was going to happen until after I updated.

Now I am thinking about purchasing backupman because of the good reviews here. Having read the previous replies on reinstalling Voice Signal after a backup, will I also have to reinstall my photos or anything else that I am not aware of?

Thanks

Treo 650/Sprint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12