1.    #1  
    I stumbled across an extremely irritating bug - well actually wondered whether it was a bug or a feature. If a feature, I hope someone can tell me how to disable it.

Try this: when writing an SMS message, type: "wel", (without the "" and only one "l"), followed by a space. Your Treo will change "wel" into "we'll". Smart, you might say, coz in English "wel" would be a typo and you Treo has just corrected your mistake.

Well, in Dutch "wel" exists as a word, and it drives me nuts that my Treo 650 keeps "correcting" my "mistake".

Is there a way I can stop this behaviour (the workaround is to just allow the Treo to make the "correction" and then go back and erase one "l" and the " with the backspace key, but that is .... eh .... tedious).

Ciao,
    Wouter
    hel
    shel
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I can understand you're irritation, but I've gotten so used to the other contractions appearing that it irritated the hell out of me that it wouldn't do those three! Now I know how!!! Now if someone could just tell me how to get it to do "I'm","I'd","would've","should've",and "ain't"(I know, I know, it's not a word, but it'd be fun), oh, and "it'd" I'd be in heaven!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  4.    #4  
    Well I would be jumping with joy too if this feature would be language specific. And if you could turn it off --- but I am getting the impression it ain't and you can't. I have an idead for a new feature: auto mood specific correction. Automatically turns grumpy text into happy text, and rude ones into polite ones. Or the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen
    Well I would be jumping with joy too if this feature would be language specific. And if you could turn it off --- but I am getting the impression it ain't and you can't. I have an idead for a new feature: auto mood specific correction. Automatically turns grumpy text into happy text, and rude ones into polite ones. Or the other way around.
    People would get very confused if all my grumpy texts suddenly changed.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    You can type 'Wel' after which the Treo would change it to 'We'll'. You can then move the cursor to the place between the ls and start deleting the characters you don't want by backspacing. Rather cumbersome but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...Now if someone could just tell me how to get it to do "I'm","I'd","would've","should've",and "ain't"(I know, I know, it's not a word, but it'd be fun), oh, and "it'd" I'd be in heaven!
    Just type the words without the apostrophe.
    im ive id isnt arent cant and dont will turn into I'm I've I'd isn't aren't can't and don't.
    These are the ones that worked when I tried it.

Sadly, "im" is a very common German word and I need it all the time (since I mostly write in German) and my Treo keeps correcting it into "I'm" and I was hoping there'd be a way to turn it off but apparently there isn't...

Well, at least I could help DrDoom.