Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There was a preview of the LifeDrive today so I popped in my SD and used trusty ol' Filez to grab some of the updated apps.

For Note Pad, there seems to be a problem beaming/sending them (I wasn't aware the 2 Compression*.prc files were needed; will attempt to get them soon). Meanwhile you can try using the ones posted here .

Voice Memo works very well; only wished you could start a recording via the 650's side button, but other than that, it's quite a nice free app.

On another note, does anyone know how to copy over pdb files that are in ROM? (The ones above are all prc files.) Tried using Filez/RescoExplorer/PalmInsiderPro to copy over the PocketTunes skin but all I got was a fraction of the file - actual file is 200KB, the one I got was 1KB .

Note: You can't install the files via HotSync. Either email/beam them over directly or move them to the SD card first via a card reader and then to your device. Also, I haven't tested HotSyncing whilst these apps are in RAM - perhaps one of the other members here could comment?

UPDATE: I managed to get hold of the Simulator and I've included the Note Pad and Voice Memo apps I'd extracted. The advantage of the "SIM" versions is that (1) the Compression*.prc files are included so you are able to send/beam Note Pad files, (2) there are multiple languages included.

UPDATE #2: I've managed to get a hold of the LifeDrive again today and so I extracted the two Compression*.prc files since some users were experiencing problems with the ones from the simulator. I've removed the old "Note Pad_1.3.1-LifeDrive-ROM.zip" and replaced it with the new one of the same filename.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rudychow; 05/30/2005 at 09:26 AM.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    thanks for sharing!!
    i will try these out and report back with any difference.
    Again thanks
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    1) the voice memo now has 5way suppot thats it far as i can tell (was the option always there to record to card? i think it was)

2) the note pad is the exact same (version # 2.3) i guess no improvements were necessary since it already had 5way support. although changing pen colors would have been nice

BOTH sync with palmdesktop (if you have the zire 72 palmdesktop installed,well at least it works for me )

Again Thanks

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    There was a preview of the LifeDrive today so I popped in my SD and used trusty ol' Filez to grab some of the updated apps.

For Note Pad, there seems to be a problem beaming/sending them (I wasn't aware the 2 Compression*.prc files were needed; will attempt to get them soon).
    Someone here has V2.3 posted with the needed files to beem. If I find the post, I'll link it.
    Regards, matt
    the sound in voice memo is better also. you dont need to even hold the treo set it down and speak normally . no more holding treo to mouth and speaking . you can even hold it to your moutth and whisper.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hi Franko515,

I am using the files you uploaded here soem weeks back. Should I replace them with the versions from Livedrive?

Any gotcha's?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Note: You can't install the files via HotSync. Either email/beam them over directly or move them to the SD card first via a card reader and then to your device. Also, I haven't tested HotSyncing whilst these apps are in RAM - perhaps one of the other members here could comment?
    Any more details?

What happens when you use Quickinstall to install the files?

Once the files are on SD card, do you just copy them over to the Phone using FileZ? What if I want to install to the SD card? Copy them over to the Launcher folder?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just installed the files from the SIM version (US English language) posted in Msg #1 using QuickInstall and Hotsync into the SD card.

Notepad shows ver 2.3
    VoiceMemo shows ver 1.3.1

No problems at all (Treo 650).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    1) the voice memo now has 5way suppot thats it far as i can tell (was the option always there to record to card? i think it was)

2) the note pad is the exact same (version # 2.3) i guess no improvements were necessary since it already had 5way support. although changing pen colors would have been nice

BOTH sync with palmdesktop (if you have the zire 72 palmdesktop installed,well at least it works for me )

Again Thanks

aprasad you can replace the voice memo but the notepad is the same.
    by the way i just beamed the files to my device from IR on computer , i dont know why i didnt think of this months ago .

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I tried Voice Memo on my lowly 600 and I can't record. When I try nothing gets recorded and the timer never increments. Must not be compatible with either my hardware or OS :-(
    Heaven... that is where I am at... I was able to copy voice recorder over to my verizon T650 without having to install filez.... the voice recorder works great... I had been using my video recorder to record voice memos... notepad will run from my sd card, so it is cool. Never really used notepad that much anyway.

THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY DAY TO POST THESE FILES!!!! MUCH THANKS!!!!
  13.    #13  
    No problem. Just pleased to help my fellow Treo users
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    No problem. Just pleased to help my fellow Treo users
    Thanks Rudy!
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY DAY TO POST THESE FILES!!!! MUCH THANKS!!!!
    Amen. Thanks to Franko515 and rudychow.

Again, I used quickinstall+hotsync to install both applications to the SD card.

What problems were you all having in installing via Hotsync?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    i tried the compession files for note pad that are in the life drive zip (because they are smaller in size than the ones i had) they cause resets on my 650. i changed back to the original compession files i had and all is good.

i guess i should post the correct compession files ( if this is an issue for anyone else)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Is there any particular action in NotePad that invokes compression?

I tested my install very briefly and did not get any resets. How do I duplicate your tests?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    i would write a message hit done then blam reset.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I'll test again in the evening and post the results.

I left my T650 at home :-(

It will be a long day !!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    1) the voice memo now has 5way support
    You say that so nonchalantly. 5-way support makes the program useful. Woohoo! Thanks rudychow!

Voice Memo works very well; only wished you could start a recording via the 650's side button, but other than that, it's quite a nice free app.
    Just wanted to add that you can do this with Butler installed, or any other program that allows you to use the side button to select. This new version of Voice Memo works marvelously with side-button support.
    Last edited by aldamon; 05/24/2005 at 01:28 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast