Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 92 of 92
  1. #81  
    i love this forum, its the best
    thank you very much Franko
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    There is a really great site I found comparing all the previous PalmOne software and whether it's compatible with the T650 or not (except it missed the compression libraries needed to prevent crashing) It says that the LifeDrive version of VoiceMemo (1.3.1) is not compatible with the Sound Manager on Treo
    This doesn't appear to be correct, at least not for the Treo 650.
  3. #83  
    The files work for me, thanks. I am having the same problems with Voice Memo as mentioned before:

    - Mic hypersensitivity causes distorted playback
    - Recording changes the overall volume settings on the phone back to the default settings
    - Screen does not turn off while recording to conserve battery life (Can use Option + P for now)
    - Voice Memo does not automatically start recording upon launch

    Anyone found a solution to these yet?

    To mimic the one button launch for Voice Memo to make it somewhat similar to my T|3, I went to Prefs > Buttons > Press + Hold button = VoicePad

    I also use it to record voice calls. If anyone is interested:
    - Dial contact
    - Use speakerphone
    - Press & hold side button to launch Voice Memo and start recording
    Last edited by Treo305; 05/09/2006 at 01:09 AM.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

    Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo305
    The files work for me, thanks. I am having the same problems with Voice Memo as mentioned before:

    - Mic hypersensitivity causes distorted playback
    - Recording changes the overall volume settings on the phone back to the default settings
    - Screen does not turn off while recording to conserve battery life (Can use Option + P for now)
    - Voice Memo does not automatically start recording upon launch

    Anyone found a solution to these yet?

    To mimic the one button launch for Voice Memo to make it somewhat similar to my T|3, I went to Prefs > Buttons > Press + Hold button = VoicePad

    I also use it to record voice calls. If anyone is interested:
    - Dial contact
    - Use speakerphone
    - Press & hold side button to launch Voice Memo and start recording
    1)If the mic is too distorted you can use the files from the T3 instead or speak in a normal voice and dont hold the Treo to your mouth

    2)The sounds changing is why i went back to the T3 files

    3) Option = P is the only way to turn off the screen (T3 or LifeDrive)

    4)Neither the T3 files nor the LifeDrive files automatically start recording on launch.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    1)If the mic is too distorted you can use the files from the T3 instead or speak in a normal voice and dont hold the Treo to your mouth
    Is that version 1.2.1?
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Is that version 1.2.1?
    Yes (T3 = 1.2.1, LifeDrive = 1.3.1)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7. #87  
    Tough call to go back to the T3 version. If I remember correctly, the T3 version does not let you move around with the 5-way buttons on the Treo.
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

    Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
  8. #88  
    exchange.prc is in add-on of the palmone desktop for zire 72.
  9. #89  
    Hi all, thanks for the great apps and guidance. I am running a 700p w/ Verizon, and had been using your NotePad files for months without issue. I had to hard reset the device, and now am trying to reinstall the files from an email message, and running into trouble. VersaMail says that it installs the files successfully, but when I go to launch NotePad, it says "Launch Error: The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information."

    I have tried deleting and reinstalling the files with FileZ. The "compressionPng" file deletes fine, so does the "Note Pad" file. The "CompressionZlib" file, however, cannot be deleted. It gives me the following:
    "Message: Error: dm: ROM based in Item::remove() c"

    Then I hit "ok" and it gives me a similar:
    "Message: Error: dm: ROM based in Item::remove() d"

    Then it says
    "Message: There was an error while deleting."

    Any ideas about how to fix this situation? I've also tried moving the file to my SD card, and it does successfully copy it, but it cannot delete it when attempting to merely move it.

    Thanks for any ideas--
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulfrg View Post
    Hi all, thanks for the great apps and guidance. I am running a 700p w/ Verizon, and had been using your NotePad files for months without issue. I had to hard reset the device, and now am trying to reinstall the files from an email message, and running into trouble. VersaMail says that it installs the files successfully, but when I go to launch NotePad, it says "Launch Error: The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information."

    I have tried deleting and reinstalling the files with FileZ. The "compressionPng" file deletes fine, so does the "Note Pad" file. The "CompressionZlib" file, however, cannot be deleted. It gives me the following:
    "Message: Error: dm: ROM based in Item::remove() c"

    Then I hit "ok" and it gives me a similar:
    "Message: Error: dm: ROM based in Item::remove() d"

    Then it says
    "Message: There was an error while deleting."

    Any ideas about how to fix this situation? I've also tried moving the file to my SD card, and it does successfully copy it, but it cannot delete it when attempting to merely move it.

    Thanks for any ideas--
    Well, experimented again with the files in post 1 in this thread, and installed a fourth file, "Note%20Pad_enUS.prc", and now I'm fully functional again. Strange how I didn't need this for the past 6 months, but now after the hard reset I do. And I still wonder about the "ROM based in Item" Error Messages. Disturbs me that I could not delete it even if I wanted to. But alas. Some questions aren't worth stressing over I guess. So, all in all, good to go.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo305 View Post
    The files work for me, thanks. I am having the same problems with Voice Memo as mentioned before:

    - Mic hypersensitivity causes distorted playback
    - Recording changes the overall volume settings on the phone back to the default settings
    - Screen does not turn off while recording to conserve battery life (Can use Option + P for now)
    - Voice Memo does not automatically start recording upon launch

    Anyone found a solution to these yet?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    1)If the mic is too distorted you can use the files from the T3 instead or speak in a normal voice and dont hold the Treo to your mouth

    2)The sounds changing is why i went back to the T3 files

    3) Option = P is the only way to turn off the screen (T3 or LifeDrive)

    4)Neither the T3 files nor the LifeDrive files automatically start recording on launch.
    I got the following VoicePad files from my old Zire 72s:

    VoicePad-Vpad.prc
    VoicePad-Vpad_enUS.prc

    Are these the same files sometimes called "T3" version here? Is that referring to "Tungsten T3"? According to Jürgen Schwister's site under Treo650 > Missing features > Voice Memo, the sources and versions are as follows:
    Voice Memo v1.2.1
    Add voice recording to your Treo 650

    Device: Tungsten T5 (OS Version v5.2.1)
    Application: v1.2

    Device: Zire 72
    Application: v1.2.1

    Device: LifeDrive
    Application: v1.3.1

    The version 1.3.1 is not compatible with Treo Sound Manager.
    According to this, version 1.2.1 is the way to go, and Franko515 seems to agree. Who has tried both versions? Can you notice a difference in mic volume and distortion? Are there other differences? Can I email these files to someone here to be posted in the thread with the others (in case others want them)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo305 View Post
    ....To mimic the one button launch for Voice Memo to make it somewhat similar to my T|3, I went to Prefs > Buttons > Press + Hold button = VoicePad

    I also use it to record voice calls. If anyone is interested:
    - Dial contact
    - Use speakerphone
    - Press & hold side button to launch Voice Memo and start recording
    Thanks, I like that idea! I'll have to try it and freak out my wife by playing our conversation later. Hee hee.
  12. #92  
    Thank you very much for sharing!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions