Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    in order to beam you need the two compression files. the reason to take it to your card first or email it to yourself, is because they wont install using the sync method (at least not for me)i have notepad and voicememo on the treo not on the card. its like they belong there.(every other app i install goes to unfiled these two go straight for the home page, as to say make room we're back )

hope this helps MAHOOTSKI
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Note pad works fine without any resets; voice on the other hand - after I record, I hear nothing. I put everything on the card first, then moved all to ram.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Has anyone who has installed VoiceMemo been able to do one button recording on a Treo 650?
    Help! I'm dying to use this program, and I've moved it from my SD card to the phone, but for the life of me I don't know how to install it. Can someone help a newbie out with some brief instructions? I've got Filez installed, but can't figure out how to install it with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by visormiser1
    Help! I'm dying to use this program, and I've moved it from my SD card to the phone, but for the life of me I don't know how to install it. Can someone help a newbie out with some brief instructions? I've got Filez installed, but can't figure out how to install it with that.
    open filez > go to the card > find the files you want to move > select files > hit move to ram. that should do it. if not email the files to your phone and open them from your mail, it will prompt you to save the files hit yes

hope this helps

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Excellent! Both apps work great! Tx for sharing.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Download files, sent to card, working well no re-sets or problemsm thanks. One thing though, Vmemo IS very sensitive, any way to adjust? Or what's the best way to use it? To record, and have good sound.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hey guys...i just recently had to re-install all of my software due to soft-reset loops. I had Voice Memo on my T650 before and liked it a lot but I don't remember where I got it from...i do remember it being free but that's all. Can anyone post a link to where I might find the prc file for it?

Thanks,
    T4L
    First message in this thread?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Anyone have the files needed to use the new FileBrowser? I took (from the simulator):
    -FileBrowserCacheLib-PFil.prc
    -FileBrowserLib-PFiA.prc
    -FileBrowser-PFil.prc
    -FileBrowser-PFil_enUS.prc

It seems to work, but seems that it can't read the Treo's RAM. Only the card.
    Anyway to kill the screen while recording a long meeting with VoiceMemo?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I installed voice memo and note pad and they both seem to work well.

One thing about voice memo, when I hit "record" and "stop" to create a new memo my T650 beeps, despite the fact that I have "Application: General" set to off for "system volume" and "game volume'

How do you make voicememo silent, except for when playing back a voice memo?
    Wicked cool!!!

I installed Voice Memo and Note Pad on my VWZ Treo 650 via Bluetooth File Transfer on my Mac OS X powerbook. Voice Memo worked great immediately, but I had to use the two compression files from Franko515's 5/24 posting to prevent Note Pad from causing resets.

I have both applications residing on the handheld. The corresponding Mac OS X Voice Memo and Note Pad apps that came with Palm Desktop 4.2.1 Rev B can access the sync'd databases for both apps provided that the DBs reside on the handheld as well.

Edit - The Mac OS X Voice Mail app does not allow for playback although the help text indicates the opposite. Also, playing back voice memos on the handheld re-enables the general system volume in the Prefs, even if set to 'off' (most sound apps seem to do the same.)

Big thanks!
    Ian
    Last edited by Ian Douglas; 07/06/2005 at 03:04 PM.
    There is a really great site I found comparing all the previous PalmOne software and whether it's compatible with the T650 or not (except it missed the compression libraries needed to prevent crashing) It says that the LifeDrive version of VoiceMemo (1.3.1) is not compatible with the Sound Manager on Treo, while version 1.2.1 is (Zire 72)

http://home.vrweb.de/~jswi/

I also loaded Zire72 desktop & hotsynch (PalmOne site download) and installed it BEFORE installing the T650 desktop & it retains the conduits & desktop apps for NotePad & VoiceMemo..

Question: has anyone tried using the alarms on these apps. the alarm prefs show the same list of sounds as the classic Palm devices - however when the alarms is due it pops up on screen - but has no alarm sound. Has anyone made it ring for VM or NP?
    I installed voice memo and notepad fron this thread and they were working okay on my 650. I recently upgraded my firmware to Cing 1.15, reinstalled the apps but now they cause my device to reset everytime I try to send a notepad or voice memo file.

I would appreciate any feedback.
    If you already have the compression files on your device (From installing NOtepad) - Which link should you use , the SIM or ROM?

MG
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Looks like I was able to install the VOICE MEMO and NOTE PAD on my TREO 650 VERIZON but I am getting sync errors on my MACINTOSH G4 PALMDESKTOP HOT SYNC LOG > 16407 for the note pad and 16409 for the Voice Memo.
    Any idea what is going on?
    I have the conduits set for SYNC?
    I also have these loaded on my SD CARD and they are working fine just won't sync to my computer!
    Thanks for the links, I've been whining all over the place that these apps weren't on the 650.

My experience: I beamed them over (the SIM version of the files) (beaming, for me, has never been quite a sure thing) and the Voice Memo worked fine, but the Notepad would reboot on exit. One thing that screwed me up was that I got the message that newer versions of the compression files were already on my 650, did I want to write over them. I didn't let them. The thing that finally got the Notepad install working for me was emailing the uncompressed Notepad files to myself, then installing them from Versamail.

Thanks again!
    very good, i'm very happy with my treo after this...

can anyone extract the files to install de expense??? do it please, i love the expense, i l o v e it very much, i'm not crazy... please, please

tnx
    very good, i'm very happy with my treo after this...

can anyone extract the files to install de expense??? do it please, i love the expense, i l o v e it very much, i'm not crazy... please, please

tnx
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=expense
    Read this thread

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast