Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's precisely what I did. Check my first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    Vmemo works great thank you but Notepad caused resets everytime I create a new note. I have a 650.

try the two compression files i posted to replace the others you installed. this should solve the resets.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    i got voice memo to work by just hotsyncing the voicepad-vpad.prc and the enUS.prc files. do i need the other ones for any reason?

for notepad, do i need the compression files? should i be using the new compression files posted by frank? confused about what to install. i have a new verizon treo 650. can i take just notepad, 2 compression files, and the enUS prc?

thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by race; 05/27/2005 at 11:56 AM.
    Try installing the files from the SIM versions in post #1. These worked for me on myTreo 650 GSM.

For notepad, install the two compression files, the Notepad.prc and the en_US file.

I installed all relevant files to my SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    i got both programs running properly. what's the best way to move the voice recordings or notes to the computer? i use outlook and it doesn't appear to sync into any of those categories... and it doesn't show in my palm desktop either.

any ideas? i have a verizon treo 650.

thanks.

p.s. what do you folks actually use notepad for anyhow??
    Last edited by race; 05/27/2005 at 12:52 PM.
    Is this forum becoming a venue for sharing pirated software? Applications that are bundled with a particular device are not "free"; their price is included in the price the buyers pay for the entire package. There's plenty of good software for the 650, some licensed and some genuinely free. Do we really need to be doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    Is this forum becoming a venue for sharing pirated software? Applications that are bundled with a particular device are not "free"; their price is included in the price the buyers pay for the entire package. There's plenty of good software for the 650, some licensed and some genuinely free. Do we really need to be doing this?
    you're an intellectual property attorney? you work for palm's legal department?
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Is this forum becoming a venue for sharing pirated software?

by your definition it has been for a long time.
    "you're an intellectual property attorney? you work for palm's legal department?"

Neither; just a guy who respects the work of developers, and thinks they should be paid for it, unless they choose otherwise.
    "you're an intellectual property attorney? you work for palm's legal department?"

Neither;
    good answer! and from this, other readers can determine how much weight to give your comments: zero.

just a guy who respects the work of developers, and thinks they should be paid for it, unless they choose otherwise.
    which is irrelevant to your reckless and irresponsible claim that piracy is taking place.

see first answer if you still don't get it.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    I agree that who I am is completely irrelevant. But you asked, so I tried to answer as politely and straightforwardly as possible. I'm certainly not interested in ad hominem arguments, but if it's important to you to examine the source of a question or idea, please consider that people who develop software for a living may have insights into the ethics of intellectual property without being attorneys.
    I would be interested to hear your ideas - and those of others - not about me, please, but about why you think it's fair to take commercial software without paying for it.
    I agree that who I am is completely irrelevant. But you asked, so I tried to answer as politely and straightforwardly as possible. I'm certainly not interested in ad hominem arguments, but if it's important to you to examine the source of a question or idea, please consider that people who develop software for a living may have insights into the ethics of intellectual property without being attorneys.
    irrelevant to your claim that piracy is taking place, absent having registered a complaint with palmone, your local district attorney, and treocentral.

oh, you're welcome to *opine* that piracy is taking place. but you have no authority, no proof, and therefore your claim is specious.

I would be interested to hear your ideas - and those of others - not about me, please, but about why you think it's fair to take commercial software without paying for it.
    irrelevant, and a red-herring. prove your claim that piracy is taking place, then we can talk.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    lets examine your initial post again.

this is a clever rhetorical trick - you make the implication that piracy is taking place, but do so in the form of a question, which relieves you of a claim that you specifically said that piracy is taking place. nevertheless, the implication is crystal clear.

Applications that are bundled with a particular device are not "free"; their price is included in the price the buyers pay for the entire package.
    are you basing that upon the shrink-wrap license for the lifedrive? have you read the license for the lifedrive? if not, on what basis can you make the blanket claim that 'applications that are bundled with a particular device are not "free"'? is there some overriding legal principle here, that under no circumstances, regardless of the license that actually obtains, are applications that are bundled with a device are free? strangely, i've purchased devices where software was bundled with the device, and the software indeed was free, both free and libre - such as a sun sparc server with solaris bundled with it, which included the GNU utilities. are you saying i cannot 'share' the GNU utilities with anyone else, because they were bundled with the device? well, you'd be wrong.

There's plenty of good software for the 650, some licensed and some genuinely free.
    the one factual statement in your post.

Do we really need to be doing this?
    again, couched as a question. you of course phrased the first line as a question too, so, really, the easy responses are these, since you're "asking" - no, and no.

i have as much factual basis for emphatically saying "no" to both, as you do for making the claim.
    Last edited by anastrophe; 05/27/2005 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typos
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    I am really pleased with the MIC sensitivity and playback volume. Although, the V Memo Volume slider does not seem to have any effect on the actual playback volume. Anyone else seeing this?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    If this thread were questionable in any way the moderators would have deleted or locked it by now. So buzz off mini-mod.
    Nice one Anastrophe.

pwned.
    Is there a way to sync the items in NotePad with Palm Desktop?
  18.    #58  
    I've managed to get a hold of the LifeDrive again today and so I extracted the two Compression*.prc files since some users were experiencing problems with the ones from the simulator. I've removed the old "Note Pad_1.3.1-LifeDrive-ROM.zip" and replaced it with the new one of the same filename. Check out post #1.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I have been using the Voice Memo app downloaded from this thread and it worked fine for some days. Suddenly my recorded memos sounded as if my speaker had exploded. Nontheless , the player and distinctive ringers sound perfectly well at full volume. After installing VM, I have installed Power Run, Pocket Tunes, Snap, Trial version of Kinoma Player. I also have Volume Care installed. Any one with an insight or a similar problem?
    First of all Thanks Rudy and Franko,
    I would like to know 2 things,
    1) do I have to keep them on the card? if not, why do I have to put it there in the first place???
    2) In NotePad, when I try to Beam or Send, I get the message "could not load PNG library" what am I doing wrong???
    Thanks in advance..

EDIT:
    I moved them to ram (using TealMover) and they work great... At first I got resets in NP, but then deleted the compression files, and downloaded the ones from Frankos first Thread, and they both work great.
    Thanks again...
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 05/30/2005 at 09:52 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast