1.    #1  
    I am considering re-purchasing a 600 in case of 650 failure...they're just cheaper, that's all.

What software issues might I encounter ?

Can I restore from 650 backup to SD card to 650 if using Teal Backup without issues or will the software from 650 restored to 600 kill the new 600?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    anybody on this?
    I don't think anyone's tried this, but...

First, you won't 'Kill' the 600. Worst case, you'd have to do a hard reset and start over.

Second, I think most apps tailored for the 650 are backward compatible with the 600, but I think there are a few that are not compatible. Those could present a problem.

Third, if you're only backing up and restoring applications, you probably won't have much trouble. But if you're restoring various sytem files, I could see incompatibilities creeping in. Could there be settings in saved preferences on the 650 that the 600 wouldn't know how to deal with, for example? I wouldn't be surprised.

I guess you can try doing a complete restore, and if you run into problems then do a hard reset and start installing your apps one by one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    I pretty much don't want to end up buying a phone if it won't work

I don't care so much about the apps, as I really only need the bare essentials (yes, I'm a responsible Treo owner) such as Chatter, Directory Assistant, PuttySSH, Teal Backup.

My main goal is to be able to sync address book, contacts, tasks, calendar without issues. I guess I am just not sure if the two phone models' software has different database structure in the sense that the 650 data files won't work on 600.

This may be a good question for Shadowmite?
  5.    #5  
    If I lose the power 4 (address, calender, contacts, tasks) then that's it for me....the Treo is so mission critical that it's essential I have it.

Sorta sad in a way...but in a good way, if you know what I mean.
    You shouldn't have any trouble syncing the PIM databases between the two phones. The 650 is completely backwards compatible in that regard.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    You're awesome, thanks

I'd hate to buy a T600 and have it rendered useless in terms of backwards compatability.