1.    #1  
    Like many others I have to deal with the problems of NVFS Cache dropping to low levels and interfering with programs that need more than is available at that moment.

The real problem is when my backupman trys to do a back up at 3am (when I am sleeping and cant manually interfere) and it doesnt work cause the cache is to low.

Is there a program that I can set and schedule a soft reset. This way the phone would be set to reset before the backup and it would clear the cache allowing for the backup to work.

I know of and have utilities that can manually do this (without removing the back cover) or automatically turn the unit back on after a reset and even run a program afterwards.

Ideally the utility would >cause soft reset> turn unit back on > and then run a program at a scheduled time.

Correction: REALLY IDEALLY would be for palmone to finally release a fix that addresses these cache memory issues (and any other issues) so that we dont need fixes and utilities and hours of researching the threads for 'work arounds' .
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    Like many others I have to deal with the problems of NVFS Cache dropping to low levels and interfering with programs that need more than is available at that moment.

The real problem is when my backupman trys to do a back up at 3am (when I am sleeping and cant manually interfere) and it doesnt work cause the cache is to low.

Is there a program that I can set and schedule a soft reset. This way the phone would be set to reset before the backup and it would clear the cache allowing for the backup to work.

I know of and have utilities that can manually do this (without removing the back cover) or automatically turn the unit back on after a reset and even run a program afterwards.

Ideally the utility would >cause soft reset> turn unit back on > and then run a program at a scheduled time.

Correction: REALLY IDEALLY would be for palmone to finally release a fix that addresses these cache memory issues (and any other issues) so that we dont need fixes and utilities and hours of researching the threads for 'work arounds' .
    ProfileCare will do this for you plus much much more.

Jeff
    I have been using the freeware program LookAtMe to schedule the freeware app Mreset to launch and automatically soft reset my Treo both before and after I have my scheduled backup run using BackupMan. BackupMan seems to eliminate available NVFS cache, causing slowdowns and other problems, particularly playing movies, and using the combination of LookAtMe and Mreset has made this a non-issue for me. Oh, I also have PowerUp set to "Turn phone on after reset", so my phone will always stay on the way I like it. PowerUp is freeware if you're just using it to start up the phone after a reset and not using any of its other features. Hope this helps ya...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    ProfileCare will do this for you plus much much more.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. Shortly after I posted (before you replied) I downloaded your program. I am going through it now (very feature filled ) and will let you know what I think. Thanks again.
    Thanks Jeff. Shortly after I posted (before you replied) I downloaded your program. I am going through it now (very feature filled ) and will let you know what I think. Thanks again.
    Awesome! Feel free to contact me if you run into any problems.

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Awesome! Feel free to contact me if you run into any problems.

Jeff
    Thx Jeff, btw I have been on treo central for over a year and a half now and have always noticed your strong participation regardless if it was your product or not, it's much appreciated, thx again .

Here's a question.
    I would like to automatically run a program (my Goodlink software needs to be initialized after a reset) automatically. I don't see that option. Maybe I missed it or maybe you haven't included it yet and you plan on adding it into a future release (hint hint )

AC
    Quote Originally Posted by psisquared
    I have been using the freeware program LookAtMe to schedule the freeware app Mreset to launch and automatically soft reset my Treo both before and after I have my scheduled backup run using BackupMan. BackupMan seems to eliminate available NVFS cache, causing slowdowns and other problems, particularly playing movies, and using the combination of LookAtMe and Mreset has made this a non-issue for me. Oh, I also have PowerUp set to "Turn phone on after reset", so my phone will always stay on the way I like it. PowerUp is freeware if you're just using it to start up the phone after a reset and not using any of its other features. Hope this helps ya...
    Where did you get these apps from?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Have a look at
    this thread. I don't know if it would help you, but it may.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  9.    #9  
    Jeff,

Another question that maybe you can help with. I posted it below at the following link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85352
    Can you let me know if you have ideas or suggestions to it.

thanks.

AC
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    Have a look at
    this thread. I don't know if it would help you, but it may.
    Thanks James. I had already seen that thread but DBCache didnt seem to work out for me (for some reason). Appreciate the help though.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Where did you get these apps from?
    I was wondering the same. Here's what I found:

Mreset http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/mreset.shtml

Lookatme http://www.tucows.com/preview/34370

Powerup http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-418.html?PowerUp

Hope that helps.

AC
    Is this why some apps on the 650 required the UDMH application? Was it because the cache was actually not being flushed properly (rather than it being too small)?

UDMH:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=92207
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    Is this why some apps on the 650 required the UDMH application? Was it because the cache was actually not being flushed properly (rather than it being too small)?

UDMH:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=92207
    Yes. I have not tried that app yet (been hesitant) but it may be next.